• Published 3rd Jan 2015
  • 726 Views, 2 Comments

Canterlot High Bachelors - Ponysubmarine



High school, romance, and nerds. One of these things is misplaced, right?

  • ...
1
 2
 726

The admirer with the camera

Featherweight was a quiet boy, speaking only when spoken to. It's not that he is unfriendly, just that he is in his own little world. He is often seen carrying a camera, and is with the Canterlot high school newspaper, as well as the photography club. Gaunt in stature, Featherweight is easily distinguishable as the kid with smooth, light brown hair, and an awkward set of gapped teeth, not to mention the fact that he stood at 5'0, shorter than most boys his age. Nevertheless, Featherweight was always seen with a confident smile on his face.
Featherweight decided to eat his lunch at the cafeteria for once, as he usually ate his meals out in the sun, sitting on the soccer field benches behind the school, always with his trusty camera, hoping to take a good shot of anything that transpired in the world. This time however, he felt that he needed to make a change in his routine, afterall, it's not healthy to be too repetitive. He took a seat at the table with his fellow photography club member, Photo Finish, a young Austrian girl who, like Featherweight, is an aspiring photographer, as well as a fashionista. Featherweight considers Photo Finish as not only a respected upperclassmen, but also his mentor, who shares his pashion.
"Featherweight, ze photos you took during ze battle of ze bands concert are wunderbar!" Finish said with a heavy accent and strong fervor.
"Thank you ms. Finish."
"Oh, now don't be too modest, your making me feel old"
If there is one thing that most people quickly learn about Featherweight, it's that he's very modest towards his peers, especially the upperclassmen. Photo Finish didn't usually mind, but since she had been friends with this kid for awhile, she considered it too unnatural and this often made her go crimson with embarrasement.
"Sorry ms-, oh I mean Photo Finish."
"So, tell me, which university do you plan on going to ven you graduate?"
Featherweight almost answered when his attention suddenly focused on someone. His jaw dropped, and his posture froze when he saw him. Photo Finish gave a curious look and snapped her fingers at her mesmorized peer
"Hallo? Ist bei lhnen? (Hello? Are you okay?) Earth to Featherweight!"
Featherweight took his camera a took a snapshot at the direction he was looking, before realizing he was ignoring Photo Finish.
" 'Gasp', I'm so sorry, I didn't meant to-"
Photo suddenly snatched his camera and brimmed with an exited smile.
"Let me see what you took! Maybe you spotted ze perfect picture and had to take it, ja? Ooh, let me have a look...what is this?"
Featherweight blushed and looked at Photo with mortification.
"I-it's nothing, j-just gimme back my camera, okay! Please?"
Photo Finish inspected the picture curiously, and then noted Featherweight's suddenly awkward composure. She had never seen this kind of behavior from him before, but it didn't take long for her to connect the dots and figure out what was up. Featherweight was beginning to look desperate as he struggled from across the table trying to take back his camera. Photo simply let out a devious grin.
"Ooooh my." She said in an evocative tone as Featherweight gave up and sat back down, covering his face with his shirt. Photo could've sworn she heard faint sobbing from him, and decided to collect her composure as she took his lunch tray as well as hers to put away before gently taking Featherweight by his hand towards the library, so as not to make a scene in front of the whole student body in the cafeteria.
..........................................................................................................................................
Canterlot high school's library was majestic in size and looks. It was more then just a place to study, it was a place of zen. The library looked more like the exquisite interior to a castle, with its glass ceiling and relaxing atmosphere, it was perfect for someone who wanted to, in a way, disapear from the outside world in solitude for a while. As Photo Finish guided Featherweight into the library, she scanned for a place where the two can have some privacy.
"We should be fine here." Photo told Featherweight as they sat down on an old couch secluded behind a large case of history books no one really paid attention to. Featherweight had by now brought himself under control as Photo looked at him with concern.
"Okay, now tell me, do you have a crush on..."
Taking a deep breath, Featherweight answered, "Yes, yes I do. To be honest, I have no idea what came over me. I've had my eye on Care Root for some time now, but I rarely saw him until today."
"Is that ze reason you never eat at the cafeteria?" Photo asked.
"Partially, I mean you would think I'd see him in the hallways, but I somehow don't run into him becuase of the rush of students getting to class."
Photo raised her eyebrow at him. Either Featherweight was blind in the halls or purposely ignored his own feelings.
"It didnt help that he sat literally across from our table Photo! I tried to stay calm and collected, but my photographic impulse took over. I guess I put on a face of normality so that I don't let my emotions get the better of me, but today was different."
Photo Finish smiled at him as he shrugged.
"You act as if this is a bad thing. Why? Is being gay such a big deal?"
Featherweight then shifted his eyes towards her and irritatingly answered. "It is if the person you want might not share these feelings!"
Photo Finish now understood. Poor Featherweight wasn't very self-assured on this matter, so he masked himself in his hobby. She gathered her thoughts on what to do say on the matter.
"Featherweight I know this is troubling you, but you can't let ze club down. Put aside these thoughts und...und..."
An image suddenly appeared on her mind. Photo Finish can be, let's say, quite suggestive in her thinking at times. She remembers all too well when she made Fluttershy, a pink-haired, bombshell of a girl, into a model for her photography last semester, and many boys paid good money for those pictures. Maybe, she could...yes perhaps she can! Photo Finish could easily make a decent profit from taking snapshots of Featherweight and Care Root as a couple! Afterall, what was that Japanese genre of homoerotic romance called that was so popular with girls these days? Yaoi! But of course! Physically, both Care and Featherweight had cutesy characteristics that evoked yaoi. The more Photo thought about it, the more her idea grew. She started glowing red from her cheeks that she began making Featherweight nervous.
"Photo Finsh? Are you Feeling alright?"
Photo Finish then took Featherweights hands and held them with her own.
"Featherweight, how would you feel if I helped you win Care's heart? What if I told you it vas possible?"
The two ventured out of the library and into the empty photography classroom to discuss their next move. For Featherweight, seeing the confidence in his friends face made him feel much more hopeful about his chances with Care Root. For Finish however, it was a matter of personal acclaim, profit, and photographic oppourtunity.