• Published 1st Feb 2015
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Spring; As Foreseen - Ponyess



The day after Winter Wrap-Up and everything is sparkled up. Out-of-towners and a stage set with sparkled up crystal Nekos to assist Trixie with the entertainment, what could possibly go wrong.

  • ...
 0
 266

A Rare Morning: 1

Author's Note:

Rarity's POV

Winter had been all wrapped up, like a Hearth’s Warming Eve present. I watch Sweetie Belle; as she prances into my little kitchen, as breakfast is waiting for her. She had managed to brush her mane, just as I had taught her these many a year ago. The white coat all neat and tidy, the way befitting a little Unicorn of our high standing. She had even washed her little paws, the pads a light pink.


“Good morning, Sweetie Belle!” I exclaimed, as she sat down on the chair opposing me.

“Good morning, Rarity!” she responded, once she sat comfortably.

“Would you like a glass of juice with your salad, today?” I inquired, as I poured myself a cup of tea.

“Yes, please!” she responded.

“If you can pour it up, all by yourself, you can have a second glass, Sweetie Belle!" I pondered, as I cast a glance out the window; enjoying the basking sun Celestia had risen for our joy, even if it was to help farmers like Applejack in their work too.

“Thank you, Rarity!” she responded as she lifter the pitcher up, levitating it towards the glass and pitched it in order to see the deep orange yellow liquid slowly pour down to fill up her glass.

She needs to learn to handle her magic; this kind of reward is the best encouragement, I can think of!” I thought, as I levitated my tea in order to have the first sip; slowly, quietly swallowing the hot brew.


This was starting out as such a nice and quiet morning. Why shouldn’t it? Celestia had raised her sun, just after Luna lowered her moon; just like every other day. This was scheduled to be a day for pick-nick, the perfect day out; just as the spring was established.

At the Sweet Apple Acres, the Rooster had since long made his call, the hen contently picking seeds and the few worms and other slugs they found.

I love the juice she offers me ever so much, she does have a refined taste for more than just the fashion she is creating!” Sweetie Belle though.

Lifting the pitcher wasn’t that much of a problem; but apparently, Rarity had seen it as a great exercise for her younger sister. Maybe it was in the motivation, more than the challenge; as it was reinforcing the positive attitude of success. Success was something Rarity had grown used to, even with the few setbacks sprinkled in for good measure; just to put things into perspective.

The glass stands steadily on the table, a good target to aim at. The juice slowly started to flow over the rim of the pitcher; as Sweetie Belle made her brave attempt, at filling her glass.

“You certainly starts to get this down to an art, Sweetie Belle; I still love seeing you doing it. I will just have to find a new challenge for you soon, little sister!” I pondered with a grin, knowing it to be true.

“It does make me feel good, not just for the second glass of juice. Thanks. I guess it is starting to wear a bit thin; but it is a good start of my day, for a while longer!” she responded, with a grin of her own.

“That is why I enjoy seeing you doing it. I guess you are right on that point, which is exactly why I need to give you a new challenge soon. Since we have the day on our side, we may as well push forwards. I know we have more fun to rejoice in today. Not just because of the glorious weather, which is great today, thanks Celestia!” I pondered.

“I always love to see Celestia’s sun on the sky, when I wake up; it lets me know that the new day is here. A good breakfast is reinforcing the mood, so you are still making a great job. Is there anything special to look forwards to, today?” she inquired.

“To me, the sun declared that another warm day of spring is here. We just cleaned up the old winter. Since you asked, yes; there is something to look forwards to, today. One of the minor spring festivals, wasn’t it?” I responded.

“I love our festivals, minor or major. They are almost always fun. Even if I haven’t learned what they all stand for, they are a welcome break. A minor spring festival, that should be fun!” she pondered; in a more dreaming tone of voice, grin widening.

Just as I was enjoying my tea, I had seen my sister sipping on her juice. The salad I had for breakfast is still fresh as ever, it always is. I wouldn’t have served it, if it wasn’t absolutely fresh and crispy. I enjoy the crunch; both in the feeling and the little noises, between my teeth.

“Since you managed to pour up your juice, you may as well pour yourself the second; just as I promised!” I admitted, with a smile.

The juice is not all that expensive; but I love how it brightens up the face of my little sister, Sweetie Belle. Maybe this is in part thanks to my element of generosity, but she is after all my sister too. I always love to see her bright and cheerful smile, even if I know Pinkie Pie enjoys it even more; as the element of laughter.

“Thanks, big sister!” she responded; as she extended the grasp of her magic, focusing on the pitcher of juice, still standing on the table.

“You are welcome, besides; I did promise, so I can’t very well go back on my promise, and still represent the element of generosity!” I responded truthfully.

“Yes, you did. Since you mentioned it, it wouldn’t be like you to go back on this kind of promises!” she pondered, in a more thoughtful tone.


“A promise is a promise; no matter what name it goes by, or who you promised. It may be spring; but it is still early in the season, so I expect you to wear both top and skirt when you go out. Since it is spring, I can see why you leave boots, and gloves at home. I too like to enjoy the ground under my paws; we are all eager to feel it for the first few times, once all the snow finally has been cleared!” I continued.

“I will put on a top and skirt before we leave for the festival. Thanks, I certainly am eager to feel the ground under my paws as well!” she responded, between two sips.

As I finished my breakfast, I slipped the bowl and cup off of the table and went up to my room and slipped on a top and skirt. If I told my sister to wear a top and skirt, that means that I wear a top and skirt too. Once I had picked a purple suit, I pulled the top down over my head and stepped into the skirt before I went back down to the kitchen.

Once I got back; I noticed how she was tidying up the kitchen after herself, in a Lady-like manner. Just the way I had taught her. She always did her best to make me proud, every chance she had.


“I wait for you, while you go up to your room and dress up; then we can go out together!” I offered.

“I am back in a moment, should not take long!” she promised, as she saw me sit down by the table.

“I know!” I merely acknowledged, as I saw her scurry up the stairs to her room.

She soon found a cerise top and skirt; pulled the suit out, before she pulled the top down over her head and stepped into the skirt. From there; she only stopped to close the door to her room, before she bounced down the flight of stairs.

“Just as I promised!” she exclaimed, just a few steps from the edge of the stairs.

“Good, let us get going. I do not want to miss any of the fun!” I declared, as I opened the door.

“Exactly!” she responded, as she followed me out.


She then closed the door; while I stood a few steps down the path to the street, waiting for her.

--- --- ---