• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,279 Views, 142 Comments

New Year's Kiss - Luvbuttonmash



Pinkie and Cheese plan a New Years Eve party

  • ...
7
 142
 3,279

Chapter 16

"Ah, it feels good to be back," Pinkie sighed, her voice becoming louder from the spacious room she was in. Right now her and Cheese Sandwich were setting up tables and chairs for the party.

"It sure does, Pinks," Cheese said, unfolding a gray chair. Pinkie looked at him and beamed. It felt nice to be appreciated.

"Remember the layout, Cheesie! You hafta make sure that the table don't pass this line," she said, pointing to a tan-like ductape that separated each side of the room. She started to grab a round table.

"Yes ma'am!" he saluted, and went back on setting up.

After they were done, they stood on the stage above and admired their work. Twenty tables were placed on the other side of the tape, three chairs accompanying each one. Each table had either a gold, silver, or black fabric covering it, with a vase on top. They would put red roses inside. The table in the back was covered in purple fabric, in which the food would be. This table would repeat itself on the other two sides of the ball room, with three white, gold and black balloons standing side to side on each. Few balloons had floated onto the ceiling, but of course the party planners didn't mind. It was extra decoration to them. Silver and gold streamers filled the walls of the room, only being separaed by the tall windows that let in the light, so they didn't even need to turn on the big chandelier that was in the middle of the room. The front of the ball room was empty with space, just enough for everyone to dance. All they needed was digital countdown clock and music equipment, happily offered by both Vinyl Scratch and Neon Lights.

"Ooh Cheesie! Isn't this party going to be totally TERRIFIC?!" Pinkie squealed, shaking him with his shirt.

"You know it!" he responded, starting to get a bit dizzy. Pinkie stopped shaking him, but he was still spinning, along with his eyes. He slapped his head and regained focus."But I still think it's missing something-"

"Hey Cheese, what do you want for Christmas?"Pinkie asked out of the blue. Cheese's eyes widened and he looked at her direction.

"W-wha?" Cheese asked, confused. Her question caught her off guard.

"I asked what did you want for Christmas," she repeated, a smile still planted on her face.

"I don't think I want anything for Christmas," Cheese said.

"Oh C'mon! Everyone wants something. If ya don't you can't call yourself a human," she said, poking his stomach region.

"Yeah, you're right. I do want something. But I don't know if you could afford it," Cheese said.

"Where do you think all of this came from?!" Pinkie asked with a smirk. She knew she caught him there.

"From the school," He said. Pinkie looked almost embarrassed, but she kept her cool and collected herself.

"Okay, so this stuff did come from the school. Doesn't mean I don't have any money. Now tell me whatcha want," she said, poking his stomach again.

"Alright, alright, I'll tell you. Just stop poking my stomach. I'm in need of a new accordion, but my parents won't get me one," he responded.

"What's wrong with your old one?" Pinkie asked. Cheese walked backstage to get his case and walked back out. He sat it on the floor and opened it, revealing a very worn-out accordion. Springs shot out everywhere, and there were keys missing from the side.

"Let's just say that I used it A LOT," he said with a chuckle.

"I see," Pinkie said, laughing along as well."Okay, now I know exactly what to get you for Christmas."

Cheese put the broken accordion back in his case and closed it, sliding it back in the backstage with his foot.

"Soo, what do you want for Christmas?" He asked.

"A real alligator!" Pinkie squealed."I always wanted one with purple eyes. They're extremely rare and are very hard to find!"

"Erm, I don't know I can get that for ya, Pinks," Cheese said, hoping that she wouldn't be disappointed. But that never happened. Instead, a laugh came out of the smiling pink person.

"Of course not , silly! I already have one!" Pinkie said, taking her wallet and showing him a picture of her and a young alligator with no teeth."I named him Gummy. Isn't he adorable?"

Cheese nodded his head."So what do you really want for Christmas?"

"Not gonna tell ya!" Pinkie said, jumping off of the stage. Cheese looked shocked.

"What?! That's not fair! I told you what I wanted, why can't you tell me what you want?" He asked, jumping off the stage.

"Because I want to be surprised, Cheesie. Everyone loves surprises!" Pinkie said.

"Not everyone. I learned that the hard way," he said, having a worried look on his face. He shook his head to snap out of it."Please tell me, Pinkie."

"No," Pinkie said, walking through the chairs and tables. Cheese accompanied her. He kept asking her 'please' through the maze of chairs and tables, yet all he had gotten for an answer was a big fat no. When they were outside of the room, both Pinkie and Cheese grabbed their bags to get ready to go home.

"I'll give you a hint: it's something that I told you I wanted for a long time," she said. She heard a honk outside and looked at the clear doors, revealing a yellow car that belonged to Fluttershy.

"I'll see you later, Cheesie," Pinkie said, giving him a side hug and walking out of the building. She got inside of the car and Fluttershy drove off.

Cheese screamed on the top of his lungs,"I SWEAR ON MY CHEESIE SENSE PINKAMENA DIANE PIE, I WILL FIND OUT WHAT YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!!"