• Published 28th Dec 2014
  • 681 Views, 4 Comments

Letters to the moon - dumbficwriterisdumb



Princess Celestia writes letters to Luna during her banishment

  • ...
0
 4
 681

Letter two

Dear Princess Luna,

It has already been fifty years since your initial banishment, but nothing really noteworthy has happened to me. I now know that the city on the mountain is named "Canterlot" and not "Lunapolis" as I had hoped, but to be honest, I think that Canterlot is a pleasant name for a pleasant city. Most of the ponies in Canterlot are the educated and elite, and I really wish that it was more diverse. Oh well. I'll take it upon myself to increase the diversity of this royal city by building houses for the poor and ailing.

I know you're not here to see it now, but the new castle has an enormous balcony that looks out over the mountain in a place where you can see the brilliant night sky. The whole thing reminded me of you, and I almost cried tears of joy because it made me think that they were thinking of you when they built it. The rest of the castle is so-so: it has standard rooms, a standard throne, one big hall with stained glass windows of both of our accomplishments, and whatnot. It's old news now, but I can't help but feel sad when I look in the throne room and see only one throne. I'm getting a better grip on things and haven't been nearly as moody as I was nearly fifty years ago, but I still have my moments because I miss you so much. I know I've said this before, but I have to say it again: nothing will ever be the same without you, no matter how forgetful or unappreciative my subjects may be.

They've created a new holiday in your honor called "Nightmare Night" about twenty years after you had gone. I was repulsed by the insulting nature of the holiday at first, but in a weird way, I'm glad it exists because it will give the people something to remember you by. I'm sad that they're celebrating you at your worst, but I suppose we can't have things our way all the time. I may celebrate with the masses, but it's only to maintain my regal appearance that my subjects hold in such high regard. I know it's pointless and superficial, but I need my subject's trust to successfully run Equestria. Politics abound. Here's to hoping your returning soon, and that Nightmare Night may then be turned into a big and glorious feast in your honor.

Love, Celestia