• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 4,419 Views, 55 Comments

Healing - korrasami_is_canon



Fluttershy's been keeping all her feelings pent-up after the Tirek incident and is only now letting them out. Discord takes it upon himself to heal all the damage he caused her.

  • ...
7
 55
 4,419

Testing Waters 2

After rinsing out her mane and tail, Fluttershy got out of the tub and shook herself a bit to rid off some water and quickly went to the sink to grab her comb before going back inside, sighing as the warm water engulfed her again. It had been a while since she had taken a bath, but now that she was actually inside she didn’t want to leave. It was warm and she had a perfect view of Angel Bunny’s burrow. But she knew she’d need to get out eventually.

She ran the comb through her mane, pushing through only a few tangles. She sighed to herself as she remembered how Discord had untangled it for her and a soft smile grew on her face as she ran her hoof through her mane, remembering how his claws lightly scratched her head and neck as they worked through her hair. It hadn’t hurt one bit as he pulled out the knots that she had almost forgotten how tangled her hair was. She sank down into the water, remembering how warm he was, too. Perhaps it was an attempt to recreate that warmth. It was close, but also different. This warmth seemed empty in comparison, whereas the warmth earlier had felt… cozy. Resting on a soft bed with his body curled around hers, his fur lightly brushing up against hers as he breathed in and out and his claw running down her back… it was nice. She sighed again, bubbles floating to the surface and popping. She lifted her head out of the water and took a deep breath.

Maybe it wouldn’t be too hard leaving the room after all. Now that everything was out and she understood and actually believed there were no hard feelings, it wouldn’t be as hard being around Discord. She still had healing to do, and being around him would still remind her of the Tirek incident, but it would also remind her of all the wonderful things he had been doing. Now she’d be able to look at him and feel more than just pain. She could see the caring in his eyes and feel the support in his touch. And right now she could hear him rustle in the kitchen to make food to help her eat. She’d see everything he was doing for her. She could be with him now and feel comfort and solace, instead of feeling alone, and she was starting to grow a little eager for his company again.

Fluttershy pulled her freshly-conditioned tail out from behind her and started working at it with her comb, a few moments later hearing small splashes. She had started crying again, and at the realization scrunched her face as more tears began to fall. Why am I crying? She tried to shake it, telling herself there was no need to be sad and that she was actually really happy. She squinted her eyes in her concentration and tried to focus on combing her tail. Maybe if she focused enough, whatever part of her brain telling her to be sad would give up. But it wasn’t working. More tears flowed down and she started to whimper, her body trembling. She dropped the comb and brought her hooves to her face as she leaned her head and forelegs against the rim of the tub, her body trembling harder. “C-can I not f-feel sad? Just once can I go a day w-without crying,” she choked, leaning further into her hooves. She had just started feeling better and excited to have company; she was just feeling warm and happy not a moment ago… Why did she all of a sudden feel so sad? There was no reason for it! But she was. She was lonely and sad and she desperately wanted it to stop. She wanted to seek Discord and be comforted and told she was alright, but too much of her wanted to stay in the bathroom and be alone, and she couldn’t fight it right now. I don’t want to be alone! I’m tired of being alone! “And I’m sick of being sad,” she cried under her breath, her tears welling before spilling out all at once over her hooves. If she could get herself to stand up and go downstairs, maybe… But she couldn’t. Her legs refused to budge and she finally gave in. Maybe she should stay a little longer…

She reached her foreleg out to the towel she had brought in and pulled it over to her. She scrunched it together and pushed it down into the water and against the wall of the tub before sinking down and resting her head and upper back against it. She picked the comb up from where it had sunk and grabbed her tail again, combing it out. Her strokes grew slower and slower as her eyes closed and she slowly drifted to sleep.


The water had grown cold around her, her shivering body to waking with a start. She gasped as she sat up, disoriented at first before remembering where she was, and why she hadn’t left. She sighed and rubbed her eyes as she got out, shaking her body before pulling the drain. She felt groggy. She should’ve probably rinsed herself out one more time to warm herself up and maybe combed her mane and tail once more before leaving, but she didn’t want to risk trapping herself in there again. Instead, she swiftly pulled her bathrobe over her and grabbed her comb in her mouth before walking out. She could comb her hair downstairs; right now she just wanted get downstairs.


Discord had just finished shaping the rolls into little balls and was about to put the tray in the oven when he heard a door open upstairs. The soup had finished only a few moments ago and the rolls would only take about 20 minutes to bake. Discord was about to go tell her the wait wouldn’t be long when he noticed the mess he had made in his scrambling to get everything ready on time. He winced and snapped his talons so everything would clean itself up before heading over to the stairs, snapping his tail behind him to poof the rolls into the oven.

As he turned the corner he saw Fluttershy trotting downstairs in a fluffy purple and white bath robe, her mane and tail soaking wet, with a comb in her mouth. She seemed to be doing better, but something also seemed a little off. He brushed it aside, though, when he noticed her trotting speed up a bit as she saw him. She’s more lively than before, so that must be a good sign, he reasoned with a hopeful smile.


Fluttershy was so relieved when she saw Discord. Having support around would make it harder for the depression to pull her away and isolate her. Her eyes sparkled as she got closer, her brows pinching a moment later as she stopped and took a step back. She still needed reassurance though, even if it was for something else. “I i-int ake oo,” she shook her head a little and took the comb out of her mouth, blushing before continuing, not noticing Discord’s amused smirk. “I didn’t take too long did I?” Discord had settled any worry she had about taking too long in the bath much earlier, and she really wasn’t concerned about that. But she needed to be told she was alright, regardless of what it was for. And if she talked about how she was sad earlier for no reason, it would only make her sad again. She just needed to be comforted.

“Of course not, my dear Fluttershy. I did tell you to take your time didn’t I?”

“Y-yes.”

“And of course I meant it,” he smiled, floating up to her (not wanting to startle her by teleporting) and running his claw down her wet mane to the comb in her hoof, picking it up before ushering her down the stairs with him, briefly wincing to himself at her cold temperature. Fluttershy’s face softened as she walked down with him. “And whether that meant 20 minutes or 20 hours, however long you needed was fine with me.” He was really good at this. Fluttershy wasn’t even really worried about her time in there, and she was feeling better about how long she took. Maybe she should’ve mentioned what was really bothering her. There’s no reason I can’t still bring it up. Maybe I wouldn’t get so sad if I did…

“Besides,” he continued, pulling Fluttershy from her thoughts, “you gave me just enough time to finish everything! Another twenty minutes and,” no wait, I should probably let the bread cool, “Excuse me, another thirty minutes and everything should be ready,” he smiled down at her, her mood already lifting from his upbeat attitude.


He had led her to the living room while she had been thinking and pulled her with him onto the cushions he had set up the night before, leaving her there as he stepped over the other side to the fireplace, summoning some logs and a match before lighting one up. Fluttershy settled down, tilting her head at him. She was about to ask why he didn’t just poof one up instead, but he got a sentence out first. “You are far too cold, my dear,” he said as the match sparked with a small flame. He tossed it in and nestled himself to the side on the pile of cushions and blankets, not wanting to force himself into her space but also wanting to be near enough to talk comfortably. He rested his head on his lion paw as his eagle claw started twirling in the air, the small fire dancing as it grew, flower-shaped flames and swirls spitting out above it and fading away. Discord pulled his claw towards him a little, warmth following right after and caressing Fluttershy, who was directly in front of the fireplace. “Thank you,” she sighed, resting her head down. Discord smiled at her, his claw still pulling the heat from the flames to warm her up.

When he saw her coat had dried and she seemed significantly warmer, he twirled the comb he had taken from thin air, reaching over and setting it down in front of her. “Sorry,” he said sheepishly, “I almost forgot I took this.”

Fluttershy raised her head to see the comb, a small “oh” escaping her mouth. “I kind of forgot about this too.” She picked it up and ran it through her mane a few times, her strokes growing slow as her eyes glazed at the still dancing flames. She had grown so tired in such a short amount of time. But it was so nice and warm here, and the unrequited nap she had earlier hadn’t been the most pleasant…

Discord chuckled as he saw her lids begin to lower and her movements slow. He scooted over and gingerly took the comb from her hoof, lowering it down for her in her daze. “I’ll just comb it for you,” he hushed, “you go ahead and rest.”

Fluttershy just barely processed what he had said, slowly lowering her head back into the cushions with a soft “mm-hm.” She clung onto consciousness as long as she could, sighing as Discord combed through her hair and slowly wrapped himself around her to keep her warm, the fire still dancing and swaying in front of her each time she tried to open her eyes, only ushering her to close them again, until she finally fell asleep.


Discord snapped his tail to remove the buns from the oven when they were done, sealing them in a preservation spell once they had cooled enough, and proceeded to comb Fluttershy’s mane and tail dry.

Author's Note:

aaa i know i said they'd eat in this chapter and i tried that but it just felt kind of rushed, so i went in this direction instead

food will definitely be covered in the next chapter and fluttershy will get the real reassurance she needs