• Published 14th Dec 2014
  • 9,846 Views, 333 Comments

The Nutcracker and the Chaos King - DisneyFanatic23



On Hearth's Warming Eve, Fluttershy receives a nutcracker who is under a curse. When night falls, the Chaos King who put him under the curse comes in the night. Fluttershy and the nutcracker must venture into the Land of Sweets to defeat him.

  • ...
14
 333
 9,846

Charms

"Now remember," Discord whispered to the Diamond Dog guarding the door to Fluttershy's cell, "under no circumstances are you to disturb us. Well, unless, of course, there's an emergency like the castle's on fire or something, but other than that, you are not to open this door! Understand?"

The guard saluted. "Yes, your majesty."

"Good."

Discord then licked his paw and slicked back his mane. He figured an hour was enough time for her to compose herself, and he was too anxious to wait any longer.

"Alright," he said, clapping his hands together, "here it goes."

He reached for the door handle and was about to unlock it with his magic when he paused.

How should he go about this? Ask her straight out or woo her a little first?

Come on, this shouldn't be hard, he told himself. You already did this with Cadence.

But it had been different with Cadence. His intentions then had been solely for power and hadn't held any affection for her. He didn't want Fluttershy to just say yes. Strange as it was, he wanted her to like him at least. That was something he wasn't really good at.

Then again, he had managed to charm Cadence into making him her advisor, but he didn't think crawling on the floor like a wounded animal would have the same effect, and a young mare like Fluttershy most likely wouldn't be interested in his economic proposals.

Come on, if you can take over an entire kingdom, you can talk to a mare.

He took a deep breath and opened the door. He had placed her in a small, but colorful cell. The floor was waxed with pink sugar and the walls were decorated with giant gumdrops, though they were stone underneath to prevent one from eating through. She sat on the marshmallow cot in the middle of the room, her back to him. She turned her head slightly to see who had come in and stared at him coldly.

For some reason, Discord found himself speechless. He opened his mouth, but no sound came. This wasn't their first time alone, but it was their first time alone without the necklace protecting her. So why was he suddenly so nervous?

She raised an eyebrow as she waited for him to say something. All that came out of his mouth was an awkward, "H-hi."

She stared at him for one more second before turning away again.

Real smooth, Discord, he thought as he mentally kicked himself.

He took a step forward and gulped. "You, um…you comfortable?"

Fluttershy gave no answer, only quietly folded her hooves in her lap, not seeming to hear him or even acknowledge that he was there.

Sweet Heavens, she's pretty…

Discord shook out his thoughts. Courting was so much easier when he wasn't attracted to the mare.

"I'm assuming you are," Discord said, casually sitting on the far end of the cot. "You know," he patted its surface, "it is my opinion that there is nothing softer in the world than marshmallow."

She turned her head further away. Discord twiddled his fingers as he thought of another approach.

"You hungry?"

Again, she did not reply.

"Well, I'm guessing if you were hungry you would've eaten the marshmallow or something, but perhaps you would like something less fattening…not that you're fat or anything! I mean, I…uh…ugh!"

He slapped himself in the forehead. Then he thought of a comeback and made a tray of cucumber sandwiches appear.

"I, err," he stammered, "heard you liked my cucumber sandwiches. You know the ones Rainbow Dash gave you? I made them. So, uh, if you want some more, I…"

"I'm not hungry," Fluttershy murmured.

Discord frowned as he made the tray disappear. "Okay, fine. Thirsty, then?" He summoned a glass of water. "I should imagine one would be thirsty after spending all this time in…"

"Why don't you just get it over with?"

He tilted his head. "Get what over with?"

"You're here to torture me, aren't you?" she said in a cracked voice. "Or are you here to kill me?"

Discord was taken aback. "What? Kill you? Oh, no, no, no, no, no! That would be…" he paused as he slowly raised his claw to her mane, "such a waste…"

She snapped her head around before he could touch her. "Then what are you going to do to me?"

He grinned as he lowered his claw. "Yes, I was getting to that…"

When she saw that he was scooting closer, Fluttershy turned so that her back was all he could see.

"As you have probably guessed, Fluttershy," Discord began, "I have everything. Thanks to this Chaos Amulet, I have ultimate power to get me whatever I want, whenever I want. I hold the entire Land of Sweets in the palm of my claw! Yes, I have everything, except…"

He trailed off as he gazed at the back of her head, imagining what it would be like to run his fingers through her mane.

"…some pony to share it with." He cleared his throat. "Which is why I've been searching for a queen."

"I know," Fluttershy said flatly. "That's why you want to marry Cadence."

"What? Cadence?" He huffed. "Oh, she's old news. No. I have some pony else in mind."

"Really?" She rolled her eyes. "I feel sorry for that mare."

"Oh, I think you'd like her. After all, what's not to like? She's the," he scooted closer, "sweetest," closer, "gentlest," his claw reached out, "most beautiful mare in all the land, maybe even the universe."

He sighed as his claw made contact with the soft pink silk. "And to think she's the only mare ever to get the best of me…until now, that is."

Fluttershy's eyes widened when she felt his claw atop her head. She spun around in shock.

"You don't mean…?"

Discord leaned forward with a wicked grin on his face. "Oh, Fluttershy, are you really that blind?"

Her heart raced as she backed away from him. "M-m-me?! B-b-but…I don't…what?"

"Don't tell me you didn't feel it," he chuckled as he crawled towards her. "Didn't your heart stir when we stood before each other? Didn't it feel like eternity when we held gaze? Didn't your skin tingle whenever we touched?"

Fluttershy yelped as she fell off the marshmallow. Discord caught her with his tail and brought her to his face.

"Didn't you ever think of the possibility of what we might become?" he asked, reaching his paw to her face.

She slapped his paw away and flew out of his grasp. Discord only laughed.

"There's nowhere to run now, my sweet!" he said playfully. "It's just the two of us and you don't have that necklace to protect you!"

Fluttershy shrieked as he pursued her. After a few circles around the room, she put the marshmallow cot between them.

"Why me?!" she demanded. "I…I'm not even pretty!"

Discord chuckled as he slithered around the cot, only for Fluttershy to fly to the other side.

"Don't sell yourself short, my dear! You're the finest mare I've ever laid eyes on!"

"W-well," she stammered as they continued circling the marshmallow, "I…I'm not a princess!"

He huffed. "As if that matters! I mean I wasn't born royalty myself."

"But why me?! You can have any mare you want!"

"Exactly! And I want you!"

He leaped over the marshmallow, only for her to dodge out of the way. Discord groaned in annoyance.

"This is getting ridiculous."

He snapped his fingers and Fluttershy's wings disappeared from her body. She screamed as she dropped to the floor. Discord chuckled as he picked her up by the hoof.

"Oh, now, now, don't think of this as a bad thing, darling. After all, once you marry me, you'll be Queen of the Land of Sweets."

Fluttershy narrowed her eyes and slapped him, making him release her other hoof.

"I'll never marry you! And even if you force me into it, you'll never receive any love from me!"

Discord scowled as he rubbed his cheek. He was both annoyed and awed by her boldness.

"Is that so?" he said, crossing his arms. "You know I could always make you love me."

She looked up at him in horror. "You…you're not gonna put a spell on me, are you?"

He tapped his chin. "Hmm, not a bad idea." He shook his head. "No, no. I was thinking more along the lines of…"

He snapped his fingers and his attire changed. He now wore a loose white shirt, tight black pants and a flat black hat.

"This!" he said as a rose appeared between his teeth.

Fluttershy gasped as he grabbed her hoof and pulled her in for a dance. She only now just noticed the red, ruffled, Spanish dress that had appeared on her body and that her hair had been tied back in a loose ponytail, a rose sitting on her ear. She panted as Discord jolted her around in a tango.

"Ugh naw haw mhm," he said between his teeth.

"Huh?" Fluttershy questioned.

Discord spat out the rose. "I said I'm not all bad."

She yelped as he dipped her.

"I'm not a complete stranger to the ways of love."

Her eyes widened at his puckered lips.

"I, uh," she stuttered as she attempted to push away. "I don't really…"

She ducked out of his hold before his lips could reach her. Discord opened his eyes in confusion and sighed when he saw her crawling away. He took her hoof again and lifted her to his gaze.

"At least give me a chance, my love," he whispered.

Fluttershy shook her head. "Love? I don't think you even know the meaning of the word."

"You're right." He grinned as he laid his paw on her waist. "I didn't." He brought her closer. "Until I met you."

She narrowed her eyes and retracted her hoof. "You think this is love?" She huffed. "You're only interested in me because you think I'm pretty!"

"That's not true," he said as he moved behind her. "You're not merely pretty, my sweet." He whispered into her ear. "You're more beautiful than the orange sun setting into the night."

"Humph!" she grunted, crossing her hooves and turning her face away from his.

"Come now, darling, don't be so bitter. When you're my queen…"

"Queen? Or plaything?"

Discord was taken aback by this remark, but tried not to show it as he laid his hands on her shoulders.

"Of course not! You would be my idol! I would give you riches, fine clothing…"

"And dress me up like a doll!" she spat. "That's all I'd be to you! You'll treat me just as you are right now!"

She shook off his hands and stepped away to face him. "You know nothing about real love! If you marry me, I won't be your queen, but a pretty little doll that you can play with!"

Discord scowled and crossed his arms. "Strange that you should use that analogy! Aren't most of your friends dolls that you play with whenever you like?"

"That's different!" Fluttershy declared. "I actually care about them! What about you? If I were broken, would you nurse me until I was like new? If I had a tear in my side, would you stitch me back up? If I wasn't beautiful anymore, would you still want to hold me?"

He blinked. "Of course, I would."

"Exactly what I th…" She paused. "What?"

He knelt down and whispered, "I don't want you just because you're beautiful, although the sight of you is breathtaking."

"B-b-but," she choked, "but you…I…wha…?"

She fell silent as he took her hooves in his paw and claw.

"Remember when we were in the cave?" he asked softly. "And I was on fire? Most ponies would've let me burn, but you…not only did you put out the fire, but you tended to my wounds. No pony has ever dared to touch me or even…look at me. Not in the way you did."

She said nothing, only stared in amazement at the sincerity in his eyes.

"It's not your face I'm in love with," he breathed, his eyelids sliding closed as he leaned forward. "It's your gentle soul…"

Fluttershy's eyes widened as she snapped out of her trance. She slipped her hooves out of his grasp and backed away.

"No," she whispered. "You're…you're just toying with me! You're only doing this to get back at Shining Armor!"

Discord opened his eyes and shook his head. "No, no, no. If this was all part of my revenge game with Nut Boy, I'd be pursuing Cadence, not you. Besides, she didn't fall for my charms anyway."

"So I'm just the next best thing then?"

"Oh no, my darling. You're even better!"

When he pulled her in again, his hat had disappeared and Fluttershy felt lighter. She glimpsed down at herself and realized she was now in a green leotard and tutu, with ballet slippers to match. Her head even felt lighter as her mane was now up in a bun.

"Discord, this is getting…" she started to say.

She was interrupted as he started slowly twirling her.

"It's easy for me to give some pony everything I have to offer," he said as he took his position behind her, "but for some pony to give something back…" He brushed his cheek against hers. "That's very rare."

She scowled as his paw and claw moved down to her waist. "And what makes you think I'd be that pony?"

Fluttershy yelped as he raised her above his head and slowly spun her.

"You possessed the Jewel of Kindness," he said, carefully bringing her down to his eye-level. "You also treated me differently…"

She placed her hoof on his snout and pushed his face away. "That doesn't mean I could ever love you!"

He smiled as he twirled her again. "Then why did you help me in the cave?"

Her face flushed as he slowly dipped her. "Well, I…I was, um…I…"

"Admit that you felt something between us. Remember those little moments where we were both struck speechless and nothing else seemed to matter?"

Fluttershy looked up into his smoldering gaze and said in her head, Like now?

Once again, they were trapped in each other's embrace. Discord stared in awe as color rushed to her buttercream cheeks. Her big, blue eyes were wide with curiosity. It was as if he could read her mind and knew that electricity was passing between them again.

Snowflakes fell gently from the ceiling as a result of the sensations stirring within the Chaos King. This did not go unnoticed by either of them, but all they could think of was what had occurred the night before.

Discord's eyelids drooped as he leaned forward, intending to finish where they had left off.

"My dream," he whispered.

Fluttershy blinked back into consciousness as soon as she heard these words.

"WHAT?!"

She pushed his paw and claw away, not realizing he had been holding her in midair and thus dropped to the floor. Discord looked at her in worry.

"What's wrong? What did I say?"

She immediately recovered and backed toward the wall.

"Y-y-your…" she stammered, "dream?"

He blushed suddenly, something Fluttershy would've never expected the Chaos King to do.

"W-well, you see," he said with a shy smile. "Last night, I dreamed of the two of us dancing in a snowy forest…"

"Were there Snow Breezies?" Fluttershy beseeched.

He blinked. "Why…yes, how did you…?"

His answer was given when she turned away from him, but not before he caught a glimpse of the pinkness in her cheeks.

"Wait," he uttered. "You…you dreamed it too, didn't you?"

Fluttershy gulped. "N-n-no."

"You did, didn't you?"

"No! I did not dream of us dancing in a snowy forest at night!"

He crossed his arms. "I never said it was at night."

Fluttershy stiffened as she tried to come up with an excuse, but Discord was already stalking towards her with a hopeful expression on his face.

"You know what this means, don't you?" he said as he laid his paw on her shoulder.

She spun around and shouted, "No!"

"Yes," he grinned, taking a step forward. "It's our destiny."

"No," Fluttershy uttered as she backed away. "This…this is a trick! You planted these thoughts in my head!"

"I didn't! I swear! Look!"

He held up the Chaos Amulet, which was pulsing with light.

"See?" he insisted. "I was told that this amulet would point me to my destiny and it glows whenever I'm around you! And your necklace, it was doing the same thing! Don't you see, Fluttershy? This means we're meant for each other!"

"No!" Fluttershy repeated as her back reached the wall. "You…you…you're evil! You…you feel nothing for me!"

He raised an eyebrow. "Funny. I don't hear you denying you feeling something for me."

She looked off to the side. "I…I don't!"

"Oh, but I think you do."

"What would you know about my feelings?!"

He sighed. "I know that whenever, for a moment, we stop fighting, you feel a strange, tingling sensation within you." He touched her chin and turned her face towards him. "That when we hold gaze, you feel like time has stopped and that we are the only two people in the world."

He leaned closer. "That you also feel curious as to what would happen if…if we weren't adversaries, if the distance between us were to just…disappear."

Fluttershy inhaled sharply. Then she turned her entire body away and pressed herself against the wall. Discord sighed sadly.

"I'm not expecting you to love me right away, Fluttershy, but…" He held out his claw. "Do you think you could at least give me a chance?"

After many minutes of silence, Fluttershy finally got up the courage to look at him again.

There they were again: those sad, pleading eyes staring right into her soul.

He had been right about one thing. She was curious. Curious about him. What had made him like this? Had he really meant everything he had said?

A part of her told her not to trust him. After all, he had lied to her to get her necklace.

But another part told her not to judge him so harshly. His words had confirmed her theory that no one had ever cared for him enough to make him care for any pony else.

And the look in his eyes told her that he truly and honestly wanted her to do just that.

Then something else occurred to her. This could be her ticket to saving her friends. If he really did care for her, perhaps she could convince him to stop his evil ways…even a little?

The beating in her chest then clouded her mind. She felt something for him. That she could not deny. Whether or not it was love, she wasn't sure. But if…if she did…what would happen?

Discord was anxiously awaiting her answer. She glanced at his outstretched claw and then back at him.

Then, slowly, she raised her hoof and Discord smiled.

"Wait," she whispered.

He frowned as she looked him boldly in the eyes.

"Y-you," she stammered. "You take my hoof."

Confused, but curious to see where this was going, he gently took her raised hoof.

"Put your paw around my waist."

He arched an eyebrow, but complied with her request. They found themselves back in the dipping position they were in before.

"N-now," she said with a blush, "k-k-kiss me."

He stiffened. "What?"

"It's okay," she breathed, meeting his gaze again. "I…I want you to."

Discord wasn't sure if it was his surprise at hearing these words from her mouth or his realization that his angel was lying willingly in his arms. Either way, he hesitated. He finally had the mare of his dreams and he was hesitating. His mind was in such a muddle that for some reason, he couldn't go through with it.

Eventually, Fluttershy lifted her hoof to his cheek, closed her eyes and brought his face towards hers.

Then he couldn't keep it in anymore.

He darted forward and closed the gap between them. Her lips tasted better than he had imagined, like a blend between honey and buttercream. He wrapped his arms around her and moaned happily as he relished in the heaven he was in. Then with a single brush, he released her mane from its bun and smoothed it down her back.

His first kiss and he had never felt happier.

What made it even more incredible was that Fluttershy, much to her surprise, was enjoying every second of it.


Shining Armor, Applejack, Rarity and Sweetie Belle peered over the cliff and beheld the heavily guarded castle before them.

"There it is," the nutcracker whispered. "The Sugar Plum Palace."

"Also known as," Applejack growled, "Discord's fortress."

"So what's the plan?" Rarity asked.

"Oh!" Sweetie Belle piped. "How about we jump some of the Diamond Dogs, steal their armor and pretend to be guards?"

"Please," Applejack huffed. "That'll never work!"

Shining Armor surveyed the palace. "Okay. Discord most likely has Cadence imprisoned in one of the towers. We should get to her first."

"What about Fluttershy?" Sweetie Belle inquired.

"The source of Cadence's power comes from the crystal heart in her throne. If we return her to the throne, she will regain her strength and might restore order to the land. That way, she'll have a chance against Discord."

"But how do we get in?" Rarity asked.

"I remember an underground tunnel that was used for emergencies. It's supposed to lead to Cadence's bedchamber. We can sneak in and surprise them by…"

"What was that you said about surprise?" a familiar voice hissed behind them.

They turned and gasped to see a pack of Diamond Dogs. Applejack growled at the source of the voice.

"Rover."

"And this time," Rover laughed, "you don't have your little army to back you up. Sick 'em, boys!"

Applejack just smirked as she pulled out her whip. "Didn't y'all learn yerr lesson last time?"

The dogs pounced on them and Applejack's pupils shrank when she realized their numbers tripled theirs. That didn't stop her from cracking her whip, however.

Rarity levitated her shoe but froze when her sister screamed. She turned to see Sweetie Belle struggling in the Diamond Dog's mouth. This distraction was enough for three other dogs to tackle Rarity to the ground.

Shining Armor tried to fight them off with his sword, but they surrounded him and eventually pinned him down from behind. Applejack wrapped her whip around Rover's paw, who only smiled. He tugged on the whip, pulling the rebel off balance. She didn't have time to recover as a Diamond Dog pulled her hooves behind her back.

"You see, old friend?" Rover chuckled. "Without your little pony followers, you're nothing. But don't worry. You'll see them all again very, very soon."

Author's Note:

Listen to "Coffee." It will get you in the mood.

And I tried SO hard not to make this seem forced. Just wait until the next chapter.