• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 3,047 Views, 77 Comments

Inconvenient Roommates - Harmony Split



The grey earth-pony Octavia Philharmonica has everything she'd ever desired. Once Vinyl, a white-coated unicorn, appears in front of her door, Octavia's world completely changes, bringing back the past that she and Vinyl forgot.

  • ...
11
 77
 3,047

Remember and act

Chapter eight: Remember and act.



Octavia walked inside and headed straight to the door, just to be stopped by hooves pulling her back. She turned around and was looking directly into Lyra’s eyes.

“Please wait Octavia.” she said, still holding her.

“I am sorry Lyra, but I should go home.” Octavia replied, not quite sure what she should think about what she just had seen outside.

“Would you at least stay for dinner? We have a bit of catching up to do, and maybe we can talk about old times. Before the incident, I mean.”

The grey mare considered it, but she was unsure if it could distract her from Vinyl. Looking into Lyra’s pleading expression, she smiled. She could at least try it and enjoy the company of an old friend.

“I accept your invitation Lyra. What have you two planned for dinner? Cooking something, or shall we go out to a restaurant?” Octavia still smiled, trying to focus on the now and forgetting the shadows in her mind.

“Ooooh, can I cook? Can I pretty please Sweety?” BonBon was hopping up and down, causing Octavia and Lyra to fall over onto the floor, laughing hard. “What?” her expression frowned upon the look.

“I know you love cooking Bonnie, but you should look into a mirror while being excited.” Lyra managed between her laughs.

BonBon was just looking confused now, seemingly not getting the point, which caused her marefriend to only laugh more.

“Oh Bonnie, I’m just teasing you.” the mint green unicorn giggled, walking up to her marefriend and nuzzling her while Octavia turned away blushing.

The grey mare managed to calm down a bit in the meanwhile. “I think I am starting to understand what you like about her. She looks pretty sweet hopping around like a rabbit while being completely excited.”

BonBon blushed slightly and Lyra turned to Octavia with a smile, giggling loudly “Her sweets are even sweeter!” she stated with a wink, causing her marefriend and Octavia to both turn red like a cherry. “Hey, not those sweets...” Lyra was blushing herself now. “You’d better go after your own love, Bonnie is mine.” she said, causing the expression on Octavia’s muzzle to change to a frown. “Oh I’m sorry Octavia, it wasn’t my intention to hurt you.”

Sighing, Octavia smiled a bit. “You did not hurt me, do not worry. But your words reminded me of Vinyl and the question of what I should do about that. I am still unsure why she seems so familiar to me, or what my feelings are for her.”

“Maybe it would help you to talk about it? We would love to help you!” BonBon now said, her words sounded honest but the grey mare was still unsure.

“You really would? Just a few hours ago, I thought you two would hate me!”

“We never hated you Octavia, just a bit angry about your actions in the past. But I think those were forced by your parents, rather than coming from yourself. So you are forgiven, and I’m sure Bonnie will agree with me.” Lyra replied, getting a nod and a smile from her marefriend.

“I do not think I deserve your kindness.” Octavia’s ears were flattened down and she sounded really sad.

BonBon approached her, taking her into a tight embrace. “Don’t you ever try to think that again! You deserve to be happy more than most pony else after what Lyra told me. I don’t think you know it yet, but all that time she thought about you and hoped that you’re alright. She wasn’t sure if you would get over the fact that your parents left you behind with ease.”

Octavia turned to Lyra, which was difficult in the embrace, her expression surprised. “You know about that?” A nod as answer “How?”

“Toe-Tapper told me. I tried to contact you after that, but he convinced me that it would be the wrong time for it, and that I should give you some time.”

“I guess he was just trying to protect me, but at that time I really could have used a friend.” the grey mare sighed, tears making their way into her eyes.

“He didn’t tell me everything back then. Would you like to explain what happened?” Lyra asked, trying to be as careful as she could.

“I would, but there is a problem.”

“And that would be?”

“I can’t remember most things from that time.” the grey mare replied and now the tears were flowing freely.

“I’m sorry Octavia, please stop crying!” Lyra quickly said, her brain going into panic-mode. She looked to her marefriend, who was hugging the grey mare even tighter. After several seconds, she stopped crying and BonBon let go.

“I should prepare the food. How do daisy sandwiches sound? Good? Well, Octavia you could go on the balcony, on the right side are small plants, you could pick some herbs from the blue one.” BonBon said and gave Lyra a kiss before heading to the kitchen.

Octavia sighed and made her way to the balcony, followed by Lyra. While the grey mare headed right to the herbs, the mint-green unicorn looked at the sight, enjoying the warmth of the sun and looking around. Suddenly, the sound of a door being smacked open caught her attention and she turned towards the noise.

“O-octavia… you might want to see this…” the unicorn started, stammering and watching the neighbors balcony.

“What is it Lyra? I don’t want to see…” she was cut off by her own throat tightening.

On the other balcony, Vinyl’s balcony, stood a yellow mare with a white bunch of fur on her back, ready to take off. The bunch of white fur was Vinyl with red drops of liquid dripping from it.

‘What happened?’ was the only thing Octavia thought before her legs shivered and collapsed under her body, causing her to fall down on the sight.

The last thing she saw was the yellow mare flying up with Vinyl on her back, a turquoise pegasus quickly following.


***

“Octavia?”

The grey mare grumbled, why couldn’t they just let her sleep?

“Octavia, please wake up!” the voice said, sounding really concerned.

“What is it, why can’t you let… VINYL!” Octavia suddenly shouted, eyes snapping open and her body shooting up.

“Hey, easy Octavia!” Lyra yelled in surprise, causing the grey mare to look around.

It looked like she was laying on the ground of the balcony before jumping up, Lyra and BonBon at her side with worried expressions on their faces. Her Hooves were still shaking, but she returned inside, making her way to the door. She didn’t know why, but somehow she suddenly felt that she had to go searching for Vinyl.

“Octavia wait!” Lyra and BonBon called almost in unison, causing her to stop and turn around. “Please eat something and rest a bit first. You don’t even know where she is!”

“How do you know where I want to go?” the grey mare replied, cocking her head slightly.

“Well, we’re not dumb, but please rest first. You won’t accomplish anything if you go out there in this state. You can barely stand on your own hooves.” BonBon said and Octavia knew they were right.

“If you two are alright with it, then I will stay a bit longer.” she smiled a bit and sat down on the couch in the living room, surprising and silencing both mares with her sudden change in mind.

“Uhm… okay, good. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes.” BonBon finally said, shaking her head. “You two can talk alone in the meanwhile.”

“We don’t have to talk alone, you’re my marefriend Bonnie.” Lyra responded and with a happy grin, BonBon made her way to the kitchen.

Another silence filled the room for a few minutes, leaving both mares staring down at the floor or up at the ceiling. Octavia still had Vinyl in her mind, but something else was breaking down, telling her she had to tell Lyra.

With a smile Octavia looked up. “I am more than happy for you two and this is the truth. You two are a perfect fit and everypony can see that you are more than just happy. Maybe…” her smile turning to a frown before she continued. “Maybe it is exactly this feeling I am missing in my life. The feeling being loved and cared for, although I do not know if it is true.”

“You are acting different Octavia” it was a pure statement from the unicorn.

“Wh-what?”

“It seems like that messy mare as you called her, has managed to break the hard shell around your heart, you are way more chatty than in the old times. The old Octavia I knew wouldn’t bother to think or care about such a topic that long. She would shrug it off to concentrate on her career and life.”

“We all have grown up Lyra.” came the short response.

“I don’t think that’s all, and you know what I mean.”

“Well, I have to admit that I am still thinking about Vinyl, but maybe waiting and seeing what will happen is the best option. I do not think she would be very happy to see or talk to me at the moment.” Octavia shrugged, not feeling good with the thought that Vinyl might not like her anymore.

‘Wait’ she thought ‘what in Celestia’s name am I thinking? I don’t even know if she ever liked me, and why do I find it interesting to know if she ever did? Maybe she’s not so bad after all that...’

A voice interrupted her “Hello? Lyra to Octavia, please respond!”

The grey mare jumped up and snapped out of her thoughts. “Oh, I am really sorry Lyra.”

“You should sleep a bit after dinner Octavia, you’re not looking too well. Uhm, no offense.”

“Do not worry about it, I know it is true.” the grey mare replied with a smile.

Just as Lyra was going to answer, BonBon came out of the kitchen, trying to balance three dishes on her back. She seemed to have to fight with it, and with a sigh Lyra’s green aura surrounded the dishes and made them fly over to the table.

“Thanks hun, I never learned to balance more than two small dishes. Three are way more difficult.” BonBon said with a grin, walking over to give her marefriend a long kiss as thanks.

Lyra purred something into BonBon’s ears, but still loud enough for Octavia to blush deeply.

“But I thought your flank could balance everything Bonnie.” the green unicorn said and even BonBon’s cheeks were getting red.

They sat down and Lyra’s eyes went wide on seeing Octavias blush. “Please tell me you didn’t hear anything at all!”

“I do better not to say anything to that.” Octavia muttered, ears leaning back.

“I’m sorry Octavia, we’re not used to having guests. We try to behave, right Bonnie?” a nod from her marefriend. “Now let’s enjoy the food!”

Lyra eyed the six sandwiches, two on each dish, before looking deep into BonBon’s eyes, then sniffing at her marefriend’s food, eyes going wide.

“We said daisy sandwiches, not fried hay sandwiches Bonnie!” it almost sounded accusing.

“You two have normal Daisy sandwiches, I need something stronger, sorry hun.” came the response as BonBon grabbed a sandwich and started to eat.

Lyra just rolled her eyes and started to eat at the same moment as Octavia who smiled at her friends. It felt good to be with them and eat. Besides Baritone and Toe-Tapper, she barely had any friends.

Octavia finished her first sandwich without problems, it was just a normal daisy daisy sandwich. But when she took a bite of the second one, she felt something hot and dripping from fat on her tongue, causing her to nearly throw up.

“BonBon!” Octavia yelled, staring right into the eyes of the innocent looking mare. “This is not a daisy sandwich!”

The other earth-pony was laughing hard, even continuing under the glare of her marefriend.

“Ooops seems like I accidently switched two, I’m deeply sorry Octavia.” BonBon manages between laughs before Lyra nudged her. Hard.

“That’s not funny Bonnie!” Lyra said while her marefriend flipped gasping from the couch.

Now it was time for the other two to laugh, while BonBon laid behind the couch, rear legs high up in the air and cursing something about unfairness. After a bit of cursing, she flipped around and joined the laugher, biting down on Lyra’s neck and causing Octavia to blush again.

“Bonnie! Octavia is still here!” Lyra scolded her right away once she was aware of the grey mare blushing.

BonBon, however didn’t stop and just asked Octavia shortly “You can stay here Octavia, and sleep in our bed, we’ll take the couch”

“What?” Octavia shook her head quickly. “I am your guest, so I will stay on the couch!”

Instead of an answer she was pushed off the couch, Lyra and BonBon snuggling on it and taking all the space. She sighed and raised an eyebrow, asking silently for the direction.

“Second door on the left, just aaa-after the bathroom. Close the door behind yo-aah!” Lyra said, not really paying attention anymore.

The grey mare decided she should head to the bedroom and rest a bit, even though she wasn’t really tired. It wasn’t night after all, and she was too busy with her thoughts.

‘It seems like everypony got somepony to take care off. Everypony except me’ she thought while open the door, sighing at the look.

At the wall was a big four-poster bed in the colours of Lyra’s and BonBon’s coats. It just looked beautiful and comfortable, inviting her to relax. She sat down at the edge of the bed, feeling bad to occupy her friends bed while they took the couch, but after all it seemed like they insisted on it. Maybe it would indeed be nice to rest a bit after everything.

The grey mare crawled up in the middle, laying down, and she suddenly felt tired and exhausted. It might be in the middle of the day, but right now, resting and not thinking sounded rather welcoming to her. Quickly thinking of Vinyl and wondering if she was alright, Octavia closed her eyes, falling down into a dream nothing could have prepared her for.


Princess Luna paced through the dreamsphere, watching over her little ponies during their dreams. It was her duty as princess of the night, but also her pleasure to discover all those dreams and even helping prevent a nightmare from time to time. She smiled upon the sight of all the various dreamglobes that represent the dreams of every pony. They were all shining bright, a sign of good and peaceful dreams. Looking closer Luna sighed. Yes, they were all shining, all except two globes.

Luna sped up and moved closer to the globes, inspecting them. One globe was marked with black reversed two bridged eighth notes on white background. The globe was slightly red, indicator for a bad dream, but not a nightmare yet.

“This one can wait...” she whispered and turned to the other globe. “...but this one needs our help immediately.”

The globe she faced now got a violet treble clef on grey background, the globe itself wearing a black colour with slices of red in it.

“This is serious…” the princess said, wasting no more time and entering the dream.

She was surprised to find herself in what seemed like Canterlot in front of a big house, a carriage waiting in front of it. The carriage was packed full with furniture and other stuff while the door to the house stood open.

“Why should this be a nightmare, we are confused…” Luna whispered to herself, but she didn’t even get the chance to think about it.

Screams were coming from the house, sounding through the open door. Loud screams, mixed with crying and other sounds. Deciding to investigate and save her subject, she stepped in and straight into chaos.

Inside the house a grey filly galloped around, being chased by a big stallion of the same coat. The filly cried while the stallion seemed to be in anger. Luna noticed a mare crying in the corner of a room, shaking too much and not taking care of what happens around her.

“Come back here you unthankful little worm!” the stallion shouted while continuing the chase.

The filly didn’t stop, but yelled back “No! I hate you! I hate you both!”

Luna looked at the scenery for some minutes, waiting what would happen. Then she heard a name that sounded familiar.

“Octavia Melody, come here right this instant!” the stallion shouted, getting more and more enraged.

Octavia, we know this name, but from where?

The filly Octavia was still running away before the stallion gave up, turning to the mare in the corner. Talking to her he lifted her up-

“We should go now. I doubt she will come with us and I couldn’t care less about our daughter.”

Luna couldn’t believe her eyes. A stallion that abandoned his daughter that quickly was not worth being called father. While she was still thinking that the stallion led whom Luna assumed to be his wife to the door before yelling back.

“You will never be successful Octavia, remember my words! We gave you the chance to move with us to Baltimare, but you are blind. You will be alone, even that white unicorn left you! Everypony will leave you! Remember my words!” with that he walked out and soon Luna heard the carriage moving away.

Octavia was nowhere to be seen, so Luna inspected the rooms, finding the filly in her room. She was laying on her bed, a small piece of paper under her hooves. Luna looked closer and saw that the paper contained a drawing of two bridged eighth notes. Smiling she moved closer to the filly and sat down beside her which jumped up startled.

“Shh Octavia, everything shall be fine.” Luna said and hugging the filly with her wing while she changed the dream.

Luna changed the dream into a small world of trees around them and the filly besides her wasn’t a filly anymore. The grown mare Octavia looked confused at her.

“P-princess Luna. My apologies, but may I ask what you are doing here?” she was still sobbing.

“Thou had a nightmare Octavia. We are here to do our duty as Princess of the Night and protect thee.” she squeezed her tighter for a moment. “May we ask thee a question?”

“Of course princess!” the grey mare stuttered.

Luna smiled to her “Just Luna is fine. May we ask what that symbol on the paper thee dreamed of means?” she asked, but of course she knew it already.

Octavia’s face fell, she seemly tried to remember but at the end she shrugged. “I’m afraid I don’t know P.. I mean Luna. It seems so familiar, but at the same time I don’t know from where.”

“Do you know a mare called Vinyl Scratch?” she asked and surprised Octavia.

“Yes, I do know that mare but what…” Octavia sighed. “Her cutie mark... “

“Indeed.”

“But why can’t I remember, and why did I dream about it now? And from where do you know Vinyl?”

“Oh, a lot of questions Octavia. For thine first question, a desire from deep inside the heart can unbury the past, no matter how deeply one has buried it. But for thine second question, we know Vinyl because we saved her while she was homeless and many times before.” Luna tried to explain without revealing too much.

Octavia mustered her sceptical. “Deep desire?”

“We can show thee something if thou want. Something that thou may have forgotten already.” Luna said without thinking.

Of course she could form dreams with the knowledge of her little ponies. But how much of all that knowledge and memories was left in Octavia? She would probably find out soon.

Octavia chewed on her lower lip, thinking about the offer before nodding. “Please show me Luna.”

The princess covered the dreamglobe with her magic, also touching Octavia who let out a yelp. Luna searched for the right memories to bring up. She had to look for a while, but then she found the right part, forming Octavia’s dream to it. Everything blurred and Octavia let out another yelp of sudden confusion.

Octavia and Luna were standing in a small room, seemingly a class full of fillies and colts sitting behind small tables. Looking around Octavia smiled.

“Ohh I remember this! Music class in Canterlot School! I just loved it, although sometimes the mixing between modern and classical was a bit annoying.” she said, eager to share her newly found memories.

Luna had to giggle on this. The grey mare was acting like a little filly getting some sweets. But then a nearly inaudible wincing caught her attention. Octavia looked up to the left, watching two certain ponies.

“That’s… me as a filly.” she shuddered and looked at the mare besides her. “Vinyl…”

Octavia felt her legs tremble, but before anything could happen she felt a wing around her, steadying her. Looking up, she saw Luna smile at her with a tiny smirk.

“You knew!” the grey mare said, sounding more accusing than she wanted it. “And I always wondered why she seems so familiar and why I like her that much.”

“We know it because as mentioned before, we discovered Vinyl’s dreams some time ago and rescued her life.” Luna said, her smile turning to a frown. “Would thou like us to tell the complete story?”

The grey mare thought about it for a moment. Did she really want to know everything? Yes, but she wanted to know everything from Vinyl.

“Please tell me the short-version, I think I want the complete story from Vinyl.” she said, proud of the confidence in her words.

“As thee wish.” Luna thought back to the first time she met the white mare. “It was a short time after Vinyl left the school, maybe thou remember now. She lost everything in only one day, and with that she tried to do… something stupid from which we rescued her.”

“I think I can… From one day to another she was gone… I think it was because of a friend of her she chased? I felt terrible… and then my parents… Are they the reason I forgot her? Why did she forgot me?” Octavia felt terrible, her heart clenching at the thought of Vinyl.

“Thou will have to ask her about the details, but she forgot thee because of the incidents that day. Maybe thou can’t believe the following before she tells you everything, but she tried to take her own life the following night after her dreams. We discovered her dream and luckily we could convince her that she was important and still allowed to live. Trust us, it was hard work.” Luna said, wincing at the memories.

It hurt her to see the mare in pain and she felt a close bond to Vinyl too. She discovered many of her dreams. Bad and good ones altogether. Even she never met Vinyl personally, she still liked her and felt it as her duty to help her and Octavia become close again.

“Vinyl moved to Trottingham, got a few ‘gigs’ as she calls them and after a while she was back in Canterlot. She worked at a club, even earned some higher position, but then after some time a accident happened, causing her to lose everything. At that time she wouldn’t even listen to us and lost her home. We tried to support her as she traveled through Equestria, but in the end she ended up in Trottingham again, without anything. We watched over her in her dreams, making sure she would live and not do something stupid.” Luna tried to tell Octavia as much as possible, but at the same time as little as possible so they both had to do the last step by talking together.

The grey mare stayed silent and Luna nearly thought she’d lost and wouldn’t be able to help them at all, but then a sigh wandered through Octavia’s lips and she looked directly into the ones of the Princess of the Night.

“W-what should I d-do now?” she asked, stuttering a bit. “Talk t-to her? Ignore her? Just h-hug her?” she looked completely lost.

A warm smile crossed Luna’s muzzle. “That is up to you two Octavia. But may we give thee one more piece of advice before this dream is over?” the princess asked, getting a small nod as answer.

“Do what your heart says. Maybe not all of it that early...” a small wink. “...but thou two can fix thine friendship and be there for each other. If we may say from the memories we saw from vinyl: You two looked sweet together and we would be happy to see you talk and live again.”

“You really think so Princess?” Octavia smiled a bit and Luna thought she could see a small spark in her eyes.

“We do Octavia. Do not give up, we do not think Vinyl would.” the princess responded, giving the mare a last smile and hug before everything blurred and went black around Octavia.


Octavia jumped up, her whole coat damp from sweating. She remembered everything, including her dream and what Princess Luna had shown her.

“Vinyl…”

It should be a whisper but seemed like she screamed it out, because barely seconds later Lyra and BonBon rushed in, both quite messy.

“Octavia! Everything alright? You screamed for Vinyl?” Lyra said, trying to catch her breath.

The grey mare wanted to answer but at the sight of both mares in the door she just falled down on bed again, laughing hard.

BonBon’s expression completely frowned. “What?”

Octavia was still laughing, but managed a few words. “M-mirror, look, obvious”

Both mares turned to the mirror besides the bed and their eyes widened. Mane ruffled, bruises on their necks and other slightly notes made sure that Octavia was able to imagine what happened between them.

“Don’t you two assume that your bed would have been more comfortable?” Octavia still laughed, nearly falling off the bed.

BonBon muttered something about making food and coffee before she quickly left. Lyra just shook her head and turned to the bathroom, leaving Octavia alone again. After a few seconds she was able to keep on herself again, thinking about what happened. Luna visited her and revealed her own dreams to her. She’d known Vinyl for more than twelve years if she counted right.

After a few moments she stopped herself, deciding that something to eat and drink would only help her at thinking of a solution. Octavia made her way into the living-room where already some dishes were prepared and Lyra sitting at it, her mane still slightly damp.

“Now good evening Octavia. Enjoy the early breakfast, BonBon is in the shower now. And could you please avoid the topic of how we looked this morning or what happened at all? Thank you.” the mint-green unicorn said, smiling shyly.

“I don’t get why you are getting embarrassed about it Lyra. I’m fine with it, really!” Octavia chuckled. “Besides that I had a quite interesting time myself.”

Lyra nearly choked on her breakfast. “What?!”

“I dreamed about Vinyl and some other things and now I don’t know what to do. To explain it shortly: I’ve know Vinyl much, much longer than I thought I did and I really like her.” the grey mare said, before jumping up being startled by a hoof on her shoulder.

BonBon looked with an apologize look at her and sat down besides Lyra. “Then talk to her, its maybe the easiest, but still the best solution.”

“You can’t be serious. That’s flat out the dumbest…” Octavia started before being interrupted.

“Okay, this is scary now Octavia, you should hear yourself.” Lyra faced her, slightly surprised.

“What?”

“I mean, you sound different. More like a mare like Vinyl would talk.” Lyra nearly whispered the last part.

Octavia thought a bit about it before blushing.

‘Oh dear Celestia, she is right’ the grey mare thought, only blushing more.

“Talk to her Octavia.” both mares said nearly in unison before yelping surprised.

“You two are really cute. How late is it? It’s getting pretty dark outside!” Octavia tried to predict the time, but wasn’t able to.

“I would say since we went to bed in the evening, it’s in the middle of the Night?” Lyra tried, muzzle crunched up.

“You say that I woke you up and that you are keeping awake now just because of me?” the grey mare was shocked.

“Look Octavia. Not just because of you but that’s a different topic. Go to Vinyl and talk to her.”

“But…”

“Octavia, talk to her!” Lyra said, a confident smirk on her expression.

Thinking back at the dream, at Vinyl, she was sure she had to talk to her, no matter what! But where would she be now? Maybe Lyra predicted it, or maybe she just assumed it, but the answer came surprisingly fast.

“She’s at the Hospital Octavia, I’m sure.” Lyra barely ended her sentence and heard the door being shut.

Her marefriend leaned onto her and stole a quick peck from her muzzle. “Do you think this is a good Idea?”

Sighing, Lyra enjoyed the warmth and smiled. “I don’t know, but I wish them the very best.”

***

Octavia left the apartment quickly and ran outside onto the street. She knew where the Hospital was, but was this really the right way to do it? Just going there, disturbing Vinyl uninvited, and talking with her? Yes it was the right way and she remembered Luna’s words.

“Do what thine heart says”

Pacing up her gallop she made her way to the hospital, reaching it quickly due the fact that the streets were less crowded at night. She nearly smashed through the entrance which brought her an angry look by the mare behind the desk.

“This is a hospital! What do you think are you doing?” she demanded while glaring at her.

“I’m sorry, I’ve really got to talk to Vinyl Scratch. She is here in this hospital, isn’t she?” Octavia managed to bring up two sentences, even out of breath,

“You are way behind the visit-times, I’m deeply sorry.” the mare began but Octavia just winced.

“Please, she’s my best friend!” Octavia said before holding back. Why did she just say that?

The white mare behind the desk looked at her, seemingly thinking. While the seconds passed by Octavia couldn’t do otherwise than think that Vinyl’s coat shined in a brighter white. Finally, the nurse smiled and winked.

“Okay you may go visit her but please be quiet. “ she said before looking into a bunch of papers. “Vinyl Scratch? White Unicorn with a rather special blue mane?” A nod as answer “Third floor, room Seven.”

With a smile and a quick thank you, Octavia headed to the stairs, taking several flights up. She rushed past the Hospital’s cafe, not noticing the turquoise and the yellow pegasi in it, and they didn’t notice her either. It seemed like an endless race until she reached the Third floor.

“Room three, four, five, six… seven…” she whispered, coming to a halt in front of Vinyl’s room, but hesitated. “Can I really do this?”

Octavia stood still, trying to figure out what she would say. Or better, what she could say after everything. She acted unwelcoming to Vinyl two times already and wasn’t sure if the white mare would be happy to see her. Some part of her doubted it but another said that Vinyl still would like her as she liked her during their school times. Sighing, she raised a hoof to knock, but suddenly heard a voice behind her.

“Oh, you’ve gotta be kidding me!” the voice said before Octavia felt herself being tackled down by a turquoise blur. “What are you doing here?”

Octavia looked up in surprise. It was the turquoise mare from Vinyl’s side at the club. Then she spotted something yellow in the corner.

The jaw of the wonderbolt hung open before she spoke. “Octavia…? What are you doing here?”

The grey mare blushed. “I just wanted to talk with Vinyl.” she said and suddenly the turquoise mare pulled her up.

“Well then we should go in, shall we? I bet Vinyl is interested what you have to say after hurting her!” Sassaflash snapped at her, while pulling towards the door.

“Wait, I want to talk to her alone, please don’t…” Octavia tried but was stopped as the pegasus opened the door, still pulling her with herself.

Octavia just caught a confused looking Vinyl on her bed before she recognized her. The expression on her face became stern… hurt… angry? She couldn’t tell. Then a single question.

“What the buck is going on here?”

This could be a really interesting night...

Author's Note:

There ya go, the promised Octavia chapter with a small extra.
HUZZAH! Hail to Princess Luna and the New Lunar Republic!

Uhm anyways, have fun with this one.
Chapter nine, which will also be the last will be up next week.