• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 7,025 Views, 193 Comments

The Devil Inside - Chelis



The permanent opening of the portal between Equestia and the alternate human world allows Sunset Shimmer to use her magic again

  • ...
27
 193
 7,025

Sunset Driver

Sunset Shimmer, and to an extension, her father, had one of many things in common: they hated lines and they hated waiting in said lines.

So, when they were in line to take Sunset's driving test, they were less than pleased. Still, it gave them time to socialize, which between their daily life struggles it became harder and harder to. There was also the change of Sunset being behind the wheel, or that the modified pickup truck was replaced with an economy car that was rented for this test. Sunset driving Thunder's baby to take a driving test? Na.

"I really hope you pass this in one go so we don't have to wait like this again," Thunder complained as he was leaning nearly flat in the passenger seat, reading the most recent issue of "Police Officer's Magazine"

"Me too, but I don't think I need it, dad," Sunset confessed.

"Well, you can get your own car… After you get a job and pay for it of course… You can do errands for me and your mother."

Sunset got defensive. "Wait, I thought it was for my 'greater good', I knew you had an ulterior motive!"

"I'm not the DA here! Trust me, sweetheart, after you have children you will make them do everything you don't want to do."

"I won't," Sunset replied.

"I said that to my old man doing the exact same thing, at this exact same DMV! And here I am, about to do the same thing," Thunder said.

It took a few more minutes, but it was finally Sunset's turn to take the test.

"Good luck, sweetie," Thunder said as he leaned over and gave Sunset a kiss on her forehead before stepping out. He was nearly sliced in half by the death stare from the tester. She was older, larger, and had the face of being absolutely done.

She slowly got herself into the driver's seat and slammed the door in Thunder's face in anger after he moved the door to help her close it.

Fuck this bitch.

"The chief is your father, huh? Well, one of his men gave me a ticket this morning… You better be perfect to make sure you drive with his officer's draconian standards, kid."

Great.

* * *

Sunset did her best, but every small misstep had the tester yelling at her, marking it against Sunset's test, and triggering the instructor to continue her rant against her father, who she voted for his opposition in the election… The same opposition candidate who promised to remove the police and create a peaceful city by giving everyone gold stars for doing good deeds.

Sunset was up to the test, she had prepared endlessly for it. Unfortunately, she knew that her rookie mistakes would be her undoing, and she was doing plenty of them. She took it as a learning lesson, and she hoped her crazy hippy instructor excuse would be enough for her father.

So over this already.

She felt two rapid vibrations in her back pocket, a text.

After a few seconds, GLADIS spoke up through the earpiece. "Oh, I thought you were allowed to look, you're being-"

The car was rear-ended by another car, which made the two women jolt back against their chairs.

"Well, isn't that great!?" The instructor bellowed.

The car hit them again as Sunset slowed down.

"Drive!"

Sunset listened to GLADIS, and floored it in the busy major street, swerving around cars, each one honking in anger.

"What are you doing, young lady!? This is hit and r-"

A few gun shots firing in the distance stopped the woman, who instead of lecturing she was yelling.

"Oh god, they are trying to kill us! No! No! No!"

The gunfire continued. The sounds of the bullets hitting the car were heard.

"Looks like you are taking gunfire, would you like to-"

"Yes! Chase music!"

So far, it was only one car shooting at through the busy Baltimare streets. She took a sharp left on a red light, hoping that would shake them off. They took the left on the red light as well, nearly being sideswiped by a commercial van. Sunset continued to drive erratically, narrowly avoiding cars of all kinds, while her assassins were struggling in their own right. Sunset was running out of luck, and options. The only thing she hadn't tried was city hall… And their trap spring car barriers.

"GLADIS, can you delay the crash barrier at city hall?!"

"Of course!"

"Alright, let's do that!" Sunset said as she took a hard right and raced to City Hall. There was a road that was paved in brick and used for people to travel from the building to the square across the street. It also had sensors If someone was speeding to the street at a high speed, it would trigger crash barriers before the vehicle would arrive. Sunset sped past the empty brick street with no issue. She stopped and looked in her mirror to see the attackers catching up

"Drive! Drive!" The instructor cried.

Sunset stayed. She watched as the SUV arrive at the street and….

"Now!"

The guard barrier sprung up from the ground instantly, giving no chance to swerve or stop. The SUV hit the barrier and the car became crushed, right up to the dashboard.

Sunset smiled and drove off.

* * *

Sunset's bullet-ridden car hobbled to the part of the parking lot where the people applying for their license parked. waiting for them was Thunder Breeze.

"You're not shot, are you?!" Thunder frantically asked, hugging his daughter.

"I'm fine dad, I don't know about her, though."

They both watched as the instructor got out of the car, shaking and would most likely be taken away in the ambulance that had just arrived, its sirens piercing the mid-fall afternoon.

"S-Sunset shimmer…. I w-want to thank you… I-I can't offer much but y-you p-ass the t-test," She stuttered before handing Sunset the long piece of paper that showed she pass.

"All's well that ends well?" Sunset asked her father.

"Well, first I'm probably going to get murdered by your mother over having to lose the security deposit… As well as find out who tried to kill you,"

Sunset had an idea, she just had to look. Sure enough, across the street was a black limo, and she was anticipating 'him' to be sitting in the limo, giving the death stare through his white masquerade mask before rolling up the window. Instead, he was leaning next to the door, eating a hotdog and slurping down a soda from the convenience store . As soon as he locked eyes with his target, he panicked, threw his full soda and half his hot dog on the floor and into the limo. It was there he gave Sunset the death stare as he rolled up the window. The limo drove off, as an armada of police cars were arriving at the DMV.

Author's Note:

I have a skype group for fans, writers, and editors. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://join.skype.com/MkJbzfI1D8o2