• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 1,247 Views, 9 Comments

Celestia's Sacrifice - Thunder Seethe

  • ...
2
 9
 1,247

Ch.3

Celestia's Sacrifice

Thunder Seethe


Ch.3 - Truth

The filly spread the word, and at first nopony believed her, but I confirmed that it was the truth. So you won't need to worry about it. Hopefully they hate me more than you, but by now... we should both be long forgotten. Upon your return, you'll be known as the only true princess by bloodline.


Princess Celestia finally made her way back to her castle while receiving many thanks from her fellow ponies. Everyday it got worse. Everyday, she was praised as a hero. A book had already been written about the story of how it all supposedly happened.

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together, and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn; the younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies. But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon.

She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: the Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister, and banished her permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon...

This had been written another a few years after the princess told the filly the real story, and the princess was still oblivious to what she had actually done. Her guilt has not only made her feel guilty, but also made her avert contact from her servants and people. She secluded herself from the public at all costs, but still went up to the highest mountain in Canterlot to visit her sister.

On days when she wasn't busy, she studied her book of failed spells, and was still missing that important detail. She still constantly thought of the filly who she had revealed the truth to. She constantly thought, "Has she told anypony yet?" as she was still receiving praise from her act of heroism on days of public speaking.

As it turns out, the filly did try to tell every pony that she could, like the princess asked. However, nopony believed her... or at least, not many. Most addressed as crazy or liar, but the few who did believe her had formed an extremist group who's vow was to rid of Celestia's leadership. They named themselves the New Lunar Republic.

"One day, this will all be over..." She thought to herself looking around in Luna's room. In the middle of the room, on a large dark purple carpet, she found the little ornament that had shattered and made Luna yelp.

She stared at it for some time now, but did nothing. She thought of how silly it was for her to overreact to such a simple inanimate object. She facehoofed multiple times before throwing the ornament into the trash. It may have been a sentimental thing to both of the sisters, but it was no use putting it back together anyway.

She laid on her sisters bed and started fiddling with the fragments of the ornament; the gift from her parents. It was a clay ornament in shape of an archangel. The archangel was not of a pony, but of some humanoid structure. It's wings were spread wide and had a full set of iron armor, he wielded a shield and sword. On both the sword and shield, they had words. The sword read; Sacrifice, and the shield read; Forgiveness.

The princess had fully reassembled the many fragments of the ornament, and now left with only a few chips missing here and there, she placed the fixed ornament on Luna's bed.

"Luna, the day you come back will be the day that I ask of your forgiveness, and maybe before... there will be a sacrifice made." She left the room and closed the door behind her which was also purple like Luna's wallpaper, and had a crescent moon; like her Cutie Mark, on the door knob.

Princess Celestia went back to her room where she now kept her studies. Her failed spells, the effects, and everything else related to Luna. She read the books over and over again, and always missed the same details. Never really discovering anything new, she hired some prodigies in magic to double check on her work.


You see Luna... at first I thought the sacrifice would be of some object, or taking time away from what I'd rather be doing, but then... this happened. I still hope that you can forgive me.