• Published 4th Dec 2014
  • 1,106 Views, 8 Comments

Manipulation - Crescent_Blues



Twilight, in her first fight, utterly destroys her opponents. For about five minutes. Then things take a turn for the worse. Spike gets burned and sent to the hospital, and Twilight goes into a rage for weeks on end.

  • ...
4
 8
 1,106

Burns

Twilight was losing. Badly.

It hadn't actually started that way.She had had up one ward she was shooting bolt after wave after bolt of spellfire towards her attackers.

It had all started crumbling down when Rowan had thrown a vial full of, of all things you could choose from, powdered raspberries into her face, which had caused the vial to shatter across her face and blind her.

How could she tell it was powered raspberries you say? Well she was screaming at the time in rage( but mostly pain) so some of it floated down into her mouth.

Back to the fight.

Twilight was fighting blind. She had one ward up because she'd never really read up on combat magic and her form was sloppy.

Comet Tail thrusted his hoof into Twilight's side and she screamed before smacking the cobblestones. But she slowly picked herself up and coughed blood. Then she flicked her ears in Comet's direction and sent a arching magenta wave of spellfire at him.

"AGHHH!" Comet tail grunted in annoyance as the wall of magic slammed into his side and her let out a long hiss, his fangs gleaming. Then his mouth smashed shut with an audible click. Two more clicks came from Bats and Rowan as they closed their mouths and a large swooshsound filled Twilight's ears.

The lavender unicorn cracked open her eyes and gasped as a huge wave of water slammed into her. Except the water was bright sickly green, like liquid gold. Twilight coughed and opened her eyes all the way, the powder washed from her eyes. She snarled as she saw Bats smirk at her smugly, the green glow of unicorn magic fading from her spiral horn.

Comet Tail cackled again and stomped his hooves. Once again long white fangs gleamed in his mouth.

Twilight's brain backed up to processes what she saw. Time seemed to slow down. Fangs. Comet Tail had gleaming white incisors in his mouth. Then time sped up again and the fangs disappeared, replaced by flat molars that actually belonged in the mouth of an equine. Twilight jutted her head(and horn) forward and it slashed across the muzzle of Bats.

"You brat!" Bats hissed. Bats pivoted and then bucked at twilight's chest.

Twilight let out a gasp as the air was knocked from her lungs and she slammed into a brick wall. She attempted to get up and then hacked a cough, feeling something go crack in her chest. She opened her mouth to scream but nothing came out.

"Pathetic!" Comet Tail snarled.

The colt slammed his hoof into Twilight's side.

"I can't believe the Queen sent us to test her..." Comet Tail's voice was a barely hearable grumble, Twilight only hearing one pronounced word: Queen.

The lavender unicorn clicked open her mouth and whispered, "...Qu...ee...n?"

Comet Tail spun around and snapped his hoof under twilight's chin."Yes." He hissed. "And when we are done, you won't be in the right mind to ta-- Oh, ohhhh, you almost got me. But I'm not spilling anymore to you." He dropped his hoof.

Twilight's head fell limply forward and she closed her eyes weakly.You're beat. You can't keep on going. It's over...
Then a roaring sound filled her ears. She looked up to see a wall of green flames that reflected clear in her eyes, which slowly shrank to pinpoints.

No.No no no nonononoNONONO.

Twilight's head snapped up as the wall of fire dimmed off. The three ponies that had attack her were no where to be seen, no ashes, just a dark piece of paper with white writing:
You will never be safe from us

But the lavender unicorn's attention was drawn only to the little steaming figure. She slowly and painfully dragged herself up and limped over.

"No....no, Spike...you weren't supposed to...no no no Spike..."

She slowly curled around him, his burning hot soft baby scales burning her skin. Smoke was slowly curling out of his mouth.
Twilight flattened her ears. Her world was slowly crumbling. First she was attacked and then Spike...

Tear's were flowing from her eyes and she laid her head next to Spike's and closed her eyes, tears still flowing out of her closed eyelids. Her sobs slowly went silent and she sat silently in the gardens while the sun slowly lowered into the cold night, her only company the slow and slightly weak beating of Spike's heart.

Author's Note:

I'm not very satisfied with this chapter, but I realize it doesn't have to be perfect and the chapters don't have to be super long. And those of you who stuck around, thank you! Sorry for the ridiculously long wait, I was traveling without a computer to write with. Seriously though, thanks for sticking around! Also what happened to Spike will be explained in the next chapter if you can't tell what it was.