• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 654 Views, 9 Comments

Trapped in the Crystals - Blueheartpegasus



Danger lurks, but where are the Mane six? Trapped in crystal mazes!

  • ...
 9
 654

Chapter 2

Twilight was running, but she didn't know where. Chasing after her was something, but she didn't know what. She needed to find her friends, but she didn't know where they were.

She was in the dark and the ground was slippery beneath her hooves. she heard the clopping of whatever was chasing her coming closer and closer. Up ahead she saw something that looked like a crystal. She jumped over it and hid behind it, and the clopping of her enemies faded.

As she was gasping for breath, she gazed into the crystal. It began to glow, and she saw her own surprised eyes looking back at her in the reflection. Then the glow became brighter and brighter, blinding even, and she shielded her eyes.

Now she appeared to be in a city, overrun by Parasprites. The cute little flying bugs ate everything, ponies ran in panic, and screeches of fear were heard. Then she was in a smaller village full of rampaging Changelings, then she was in a town filled with Manticores.

Then she was in darkness again. She was now surrounded by crystals and gems, all showing her face, drawn in fear. She kept calling, but her friends weren't near. Then the Twilights in the crystals all called, "The box, Twilight, the box! You must find the box! Parasprites, Changelings, Manticores, Hydras, and so many more evils will be set free! The box, the box..." their voices faded to be replaced an evil cackling.

"Help!" Twilight shouted, then she felt herself being tugged away from the nightmare.

----

Twilight blinked her eyes open. She was in a dark place with the fainest glow of white. She closed her eyes again. She didn't want to drop back off to sleep- she had been having the absolute worst dream- but she didn't want to be stuck in darkness. Wait, maybe she was still in the dream. That was it! She was still in that terrible dream.

She waited for more cackling and more panic, but all seemed quiet except for her own heartbeat. Where was she?

She heard a dripping of water in the distance. So quiet that she could barely hear it. She counted the seconds.... one....two......three.... four..... five....drip....one...two...three...four...five...drip.

Finally, she couldn't take it any longer. This couldn't be a dream, it was far too real. She opened her eyes and struggled to her feet. She observed her surroundings. she appeared to be in a dark place, but there were faint glows everywhere. On closer observation, the floor was glassy with only a few puddles of collected water. She looked about, trying to find where the water had come from, but couldn't see anything of importance in the faint glow.

She gathered her magic and her horn glowed with a ball of light. It illuminated where she was, and it appeared that she was in a cave. But not made from stone, oh, no, but made from crystal. Rarity would love this place. she thought. Then she remembered. In her dream, she couldn't find her friends. Did that mean her friends were missing in real life too?

"Pinkie Pie?" She called, "Rainbow Dash? Fluttershy? Applejack? Rarity?" Nopony answered. She was alone. Figures.

Her best hope was to head for the sound of dripping. If water was getting through, she could get through. Maybe. She hopped up on a long, jagged crystal that poked out from the wall and trotted along it, careful not to slip. This place was beautiful, but she needed to get to the elements. And the box... she had a feeling that her dream was trying to tell her something. She had to find 'the box', whatever that was.

Suddenly, she heard something from the shadows. She moved her head so the light from her horn would lit up the area in which had heard the noise.

It was a small badger-like creature. It looked up at her with huge eyes. Twilight had read about how some animals changed with their habitat. In pitch black caves, some animals lost their vision because it was unneeded. Since the glow was faint in this cave, this creature had probably grown bigger eyes to help it see.

"I make my home in here you see," the creature said in a mysterious voice, "It helps me solve the mysteries."

"What mysteries?" Twilight asked, jumping off her awkward perch on the crystal and trotted to the creature.

"Mysteries of the world, of course." he turned his huge eyes up to focus on the unicorn. "Now, who are you, horse?"

"Pony." Twilight corrected. "My name's Twilight Sparkle, and I just woke up here, and I don't remember how I got here."

"From this cave you wish to be free? Come on, pony, tell me."

"I need to find my friends and save Equestria from an unknown enemy." Twilight explained. "there have been attacks, but we don't know for sure by who. I need to get my friends and find the Elements of Harmony to defeat whoever it is."

The creature just blinked. "Your friends are not near, nor is a way to leave here."

"Can you help me find a way out?" Twilight stamped a hoof.

The creature shook his head. "But I can tell you this. Earlier suspicions you must dismiss." Then he turned and scurried away.

"Wait!" Twilight called, "What do you mean?" She chased after him until the clink of his claws on stone disappeared. She sighed and continued following the sound of dripping water.