• Published 28th Nov 2014
  • 669 Views, 1 Comments

Origins of Equestria: Star Swirl - Trixie Heartstrings



You've heard about him many times, but never in huge detail. Here's his story.

  • ...
 1
 669

Chapter 1: Birth and Death

We open up in a house, where a stallion is talking to a mare. The name of the stallion is Charming Swirl, and the mare's name is Dream Swirl. "Charming, I'm scared," Dream said nervously.

"Don't worry Dream," Charming said. "It'll be over sooner than you think."

Then, Dream Swirl gave birth to a baby male unicorn. He was crying after birth. "What should we call him?" Dream asked.

"Star Swirl," Charming said. "I told you not to worry," Charming said.

"That's not what I'm worried about," Dream said, "I'm worried about how Lord Demon Shadow will do to him." They went outside, and there were some bad things happening. A pony was being whipped by a bunch of guards. Another one had his stuff stolen by other guards.

A guard came up to them and asked, "so I see you have a new baby? Has it been checked yet?" He then checked the bottom of his back left hoof. "No mark. Get him checked over there," he said. He pointed to a facility with a sign that read, "Census: Check Your Newborn". Charming and Dream proceeded to the facility. They saw a clerk at the counter that asked for the infant.
"Name," the clerk said.
"Star Swirl," Dream replied. The clerk wrote information down, including name, race, sex, and date of birth. A second copy of the paper was made, and the clerk gave it to Charming. The clerk also marked the bottom of Star's back left hoof. The clerk finished, and the other ponies walked out, with Dream carrying Star.

Then, Charming and Dream saw something they couldn't believe. There was a poster that had a picture of one of Charming's friends. The poster read, "Public execution: 3:00. Crime: Speaking against our Lord."

"Damn it," Charming said. He found his other friends, and they all talked about the execution of their friend. The way a pony was executed was by beheading. An hour later, they went, and everypony said their goodbyes to the pony that was about to be executed. The last pony to say goodbye was this pony's wife. Charming's friend was beheaded, and Charming said to Dream, "I don't want our son to grow up in this future."