• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 5,619 Views, 84 Comments

I'm Afraid I Haven't Told You Everything... - Teyeson Bee



Celestia tells the Mane Six about the true story behind her and Discord's mysterious past, and how they were once the best of friends.

  • ...
6
 84
 5,619

Princess. What Happened?

The next morning, the girls didn't waste anytime in catching the 9:00 train to Canterlot. The trip was a quiet one, as each one of them had too many thoughts on their mind. Even Pinkie Pie didn't talk, and THAT was something everypony was surprised about. Even though they didn't talk about it, they were all thinking the exact same thing; What was Celestia not telling them? They had all looked up to the Princess since the first day. They had always seen her as perfect. But she was still a pony. Princess or not, she still had her faults. There could well be something that she wasn't telling them about her past. None of them wanted to believe that she would lie to them, but it was possible that she didn't tell them something crucial. One thing was for sure, they were going to find out, one way or another.

The train ride seemed to go longer than normal, but they finally made it to Canterlot. The six made their way to the castle, a million different thoughts still racing through their heads. As soon as they arrived, they entered through the front doors and made their way down the long corridor. As they trotted, the silence was finally broken by Rainbow Dash. "Not gonna lie guys," she said, "I'm kinda hoping that Celestia ISN'T hiding anything." The others looked at her. "Hey, everypony was thinking it."

"I hope so too," Twilight said, "but I just can't get the feeling that there is a possibility that she is."

"What do we do if she is?" Applejack asked. "How are we supposed to react?"

"We listen," Twilight answered sternly, "and we make sure to hear every bit of information before reacting." Everypony nodded in agreement. When they finally reached the throne room doors, they stopped at the two guards outside.

"Halt!" one of the guards called out as the six approached, "Nopony sees the Princess without an-" He then stopped as soon as he saw that it was Twilight. The two guards hastily bowed their heads. "Princess Twilight Sparkle," the guard said with his head still bowed. "My apologies. I didn't mean to-"

"It's quite alright," Twilight interrupted. She then signaled for the guards to raise their heads. "I need to speak to the Princess please."

"Of course!" the other guard said. "I'll inform her that you are here." As the guard went through the door, Twilight turned to the others.

"Alright girls. Remember, we are here to ask," She turned to Rainbow with a stern expression, "NOT accuse."

"Alright alright!" Rainbow reassured.

Within a second, the guard opened the door the full way, allowing Twilight and the others to enter. The throne room was as big as ever, with a long red carpet leading to the throne, and stained glass windows on both sides of the room. As they made their way down the hall, they passed the special windows that told of all of their accomplishments. The defeat of Nightmare Moon, Discord's first rise to power, the girls defeating Discord, Shining Armor and Cadence saving Canterlot, Spike getting the Crystal Heart to Cadence, Princess Twilight, and, the most recently added, the defeat of Tirek. They finally made it to the throne, where Celestia sat, surrounded by advisers and guards. The girls stopped as they saw the guard in front stop to face the Princess.

"Your Highness!" the guard announced. Celestia looked up and smiled softly. "Her other Highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle, and friends." He then bowed and stepped out of the way for Twilight and the others to move forward.

"Hello Twilight," Celestia greeted in her usual soft, caring tone. "What a pleasant surprise."

"Hello Celestia," Twilight greeted back as she and the others bowed a bit.

"By the way, I am deeply sorry for the scare yesterday," Celestia said. "I must've worked too hard. I laid my head down for a second, and the next thing I know, Luna's waking me up and it's evening. I was so embarrassed. I hope I didn't scare you girls too much."

"Actually Princess," Twilight said as she raised her head, "that's kinda what we need to talk to you about." She looked around at the other ponies around the room. "Alone."

"Very well Twilight," Celestia nodded. She then signaled for the advisers and guards to leave the room, which they did hastily. As soon as the doors closed, Celestia looked to the six with a smile. "Now, what can I do for you?"

"Your Highness," Twilight started, "a bit of an incident happened yesterday, and it's kind of our fault." Celestia's smile faded a bit. "We DID freak out a bit, and we assumed that something terrible had happened to you."

"We thought that you were captured!" Pinkie Pie chimed in, "And well...we kinda...blamed it on Discord." Celestia frowned in concern, nodding as she followed along.

"We were so blind to what he did in the past," Rarity said, "that we didn't even ask him. We accused him."

"And after we got Luna's letter, Discord lashed out at us. We deserved it." Twilight continued. "But as he scolded us, he said that he was used to being called a monster his whole life and told us to ask you what REALLY happened all those years ago." Celestia's expression suddenly changed to a mixture of curiosity and concern. "He said he didn't start out at a villain, and that sparked our curiosity." A moment of silence rang out throughout the throne room as the ponies all stared at the Princess, who glanced from the curious ponies. Celestia got up from her throne and walked over to the closest window. She sighed deeply as she looked out the window at the city in front of her. The girls couldn't see her face, but they could tell that she had a serious expression. Finally, Celestia spoke.

"I always thought that the past would catch up to me sooner or later, even if I would try to deny it." The six perked up as they stared at the Princess. "I was foolish to think that I could just forget the past, no matter how hard it was. If I am to truly let go, I must tell somepony. And you six are definitely worthy to know the whole story." She then turned to face the six, their faces glued to her's. "When the Discord incident happened, I told you that he tried to take over Equestria before, and how my sister and I defeated him with the Elements of Harmony. That is true. But..." She sighed heavily as she continued, "I'm afraid I haven't told you EVERYTHING."

"What do you mean Princess?" Twilight asked.

"My dear Twilight," Celestia continued, "there WERE events that happened before the incident I told you about. Events that would indeed haunt me until I pass. Though not all the memories of the past were bad. There was a time when they were good." Celestia smiled a bit. "To be honest, a lot of those memories were thanks to, believe it or not, Discord."

The six ponies' faces changed to that of surprise. Pinkie and Rainbow's jaws even dropped. "You had good memories with Discord?" Applejack asked.

"Oh yes Applejack," Celestia nodded. "In fact, there was a time when Discord and I were...best friends."

At that point, all of the six's jaws dropped. They were expecting news that they haven't heard before, but nothing of THAT caliber. They just couldn't believe it! Discord and Celestia were friends? A moment of awkward silence passed as the Princess stared from each of shocked ponies in front of her. When the silence finally was broken, the only thing that came out of their mouths was,

"Say what?"

Celestia chuckled, "I know it seems hard to believe, considering all that you know about Discord, but it's true. I have known him for a long LONG time. I met him when I was a mere 12 years old. He was so scared. So...timid. I took a liking to him and we became friends. We were friends for so long after that. It seemed that we would be together forever. But..." Celestia's voice changed as the six broke out of their shock to see that her lip was trembling, and a tear was forming out of the corner of her eye. "...but then everything changed. Why did it have to change? Why did <sniff> things have to turn out that way? Why didn't I do anything?" At that point, the six saw something that they had never seen before; Celestia started to cry. Of all the years that they've known her, they always saw the Princess as strong-willed and able to keep a good composure. Now, she was crying softly, as if something was so powerfully heartbreaking, that it was just too much for her. The others looked at her with concern. What could've happened that would lead Celestia to cry at a mere memory?

Twilight slowly walked over and put a hoof over Celestia's shoulder for comfort. "Princess," she said softly. Celestia looked into Twilight's concerning eyes. "What happened? Whatever it was, we promise that we won't tell a soul. Nothing leaves this room. Right girls?" The others nodded with smiles. Celestia smiled back and straightened up as she wiped her eyes.

"Yes. You all deserve to know the FULL truth. Maybe telling somepony is just what I need to move on. You girls might want to get yourselves comfortable." The girls followed Celestia back to her throne as she sat down. She then tilted her head up as her horn began to glow, but nothing was happening. The six all sat in a semi-circle around her and got in a comfortable listening position. Just then, the doors to the back of the thrones creaked open and in trotted Princess Luna.

"Did you contact me sister?" Luna asked. The spell that Celestia cast must've been a telepathic contact spell.

"I did," Celestia answered calmly. "Could you please have all my appointments cancelled until further notice? This is too important. If the staff have any problems, I'm putting you in charge."

"Of course sister," Luna said as she bowed her head. As she left the room, she couldn't help but turn her head as she wondered what her sister was talking about. But, it wasn't her place, so she continued out the doors, which closed after her.

"Alright my little ponies," Celestia started as the others got comfortable, "I will tell you of the-"

CRUNCH!

Everypony snapped a look towards Pinkie, who was holding a large cup of popcorn, and eating it rather loudly. As soon as she saw that everypony was glaring at her. Pinkie blushed and said, "Sorry," as she popped another piece in her mouth and chewed it silently.

Celestia cleared her throat and started again. "I will now tell you of the FULL past between Discord and myself."