• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 2,537 Views, 60 Comments

A Dazzling Day Out - ShadeJak



Pre-RR. The Dazzlings split up for a day to tackle a few things they put off all week. Nothing they can't handle!

  • ...
2
 60
 2,537

The Day Begins

“Blech, plain pancakes again?” Aria Blaze complained loudly as she stood over her plate, arms folded and a look of disgust prevalent on her face.

“Get over it, we haven’t been able to leave the house in a week, Aria,” Adagio Dazzle grumbled as she sat herself down and began to eat her own serving.

“I think they taste fine!” Sonata Dusk remarked, her sunny disposition a stark contrast with the other two banished sirens.

“You can think, Sonata?!” Aria replied in astonishment. “Wonders really never cease.”

“Hey, just because you’re not a morning person doesn’t mean I can’t be!” Sonata protested indignantly.

“Keep it up and you won’t see another morning!” Aria growled back.

“Girls, enough!” Adagio snapped; a sullen look on her face as she slammed her first on the table. Immediately the other two sirens looked over at her. “I don’t want to hear another word out of both of you until I say so, got it?”

“…She started it,” Sonata said, pointing at Aria.

SHE started it!” Aria yelled, pointing back at the other siren.

“No, obviously your parents started it when they had you two idiots!” Adagio remarked snidely. “And if you don’t shut up, I’ll be the one to end it in a very appropriate fashion!” she added, teeth grit. Thankfully for her, this seemed to silence them for the time being.

Satisfied, the siren leader resumed eating, recalling all the times she found herself stuck in the role of mediator when the other two would get into arguments. Sonata would say something stupid, Aria would tease her for it. Aria would act up, Sonata would try to cheer her up. It never mattered how it began, as far as Adagio was concerned, it always ended up the same way with the two arguing until she stepped in. She really needed a break from this. The mix of cabin fever and living with the two of them had brought her towards her last nerve.

Sliding the paper over to her plate and looking it over, Adagio noticed an ad for the Lotus Sisters’ Spa.

Hmmm… haven’t been there in awhile… wish I could go, she thought to herself. It had been a week since that incident involving the trip to the zoo they put up with for Sonata’s birthday, and it was fortunate the three of them had snuck out before the authorities had arrived to the rampant chaos from her fellow siren’s stupidity that resulted in every pen somehow getting opened.

Huh. Still looking for the tiger, she read, nudging the paper away. Being a creature of Equestria gifted with a hypnotic song, she was not threatened by any wildlife, and thankfully it seemed the authorities had dismissed it as a system error and not someone’s actions at long last.

A smile formed on Adagio’s face as she realized the implications. “Girls, I have good news,” she said suddenly, once more gaining the attention of Sonata, who now seemed to be doing her best impression of a hamster as she had her cheeks stuffed with food to the point her lips were barely closed, and Aria, who now just leaned back in her chair and regarded Adagio with mild interest.

“Well?” the purple girl asked.

“The police deemed the zoo incident a system malfunction. We’re off the hook, which means we can go out!” Adagio declared, standing up with a bigger grin then she’d normally have that Aria suspected was caused by the opportunity to escape the week-long cabin fever.

“Fmff rrmmzmff?” Sonata asked, pancake crumbs spilling from her mouth as she tried to speak and prompting facepalms from the other two sirens.

“Don't talk with your mouth full, Sonata," Adagio grumbled. "Anyway, yes. We can go out, now. We’ve got plenty of money, and I have an idea,” she explained. “They’re having a special on full treatments at the Lotus Sisters’ spa, and personally I could use it after spending a week cooped up in this place with you two. How’s that sound?” she asked, hoping the offer and the full treatment would quell any future arguments she’d otherwise be trapped in the middle of.

“Boring,” Aria deadpanned as Sonata swallowed her food and started on Aria’s plate, earning a grimace from the purple girl before she shoved her plate over to the other, hungrier siren. “I haven’t fed off any energy all week, and it’s been putting me in a bad mood.”

“I’d have never noticed,” Adagio said with an eyeroll. “Fine, what would you rather do?”

“The arcades are full of kids competing with eachother. I say we hit that place and feed off everyone there,” Aria said, stroking the red gem that hung around her neck.

“We can do that later, Aria. I need a full treatment at the spa or I’m going to be extremely off my game,” Adagio retorted. A week of stress had left her neck and shoulders hurting and her headaches still present, and she was more then eager to rid herself from said problems as soon as possible.

“Well I want to go to the arcades now! They even got a new karaoke game there I can use!” Aria snapped.

Sonata, meanwhile, had remained silent the entire time, having managed to finish Aria’s plate completely and now just staring at the other two girls. Her stoicism finally was noticed as Adagio turned and looked down at her.

“Let me guess, Sonata… you have something you’d rather do, as well?” Adagio asked sarcastically, ready for the next argument.

“Ummm…” Sonata pinched her chin and looked up at the ceiling, trying to come up with an answer.

“Don’t give yourself an aneurism, Sonata,” Aria said with a laugh.

“I’m thinking! I’m thinking!” Sonata protested.

“That’s what I was afraid of,” Aria responded.

“GIRLS!” Adagio screamed out, slamming her fist on the table once more. Taking a deep breath, she managed a smile and looked at Sonata again. “Wellllllll…?” she asked, trying to keep her eye from twitching.

“...I got nothing,” Sonata said sheepishly, earning a facepalm from Aria.

“Same can be said about the inside of your head, Sonata,” Aria remarked.

Ignoring Aria's comment, Adagio walked over to the counter and tore off a slip of paper from a notepad, grabbed a pen, and began writing down a list. “Well, I have something for you, Sonata. As Aria so vocally pointed out before breakfast this morning, we’re rather low on food. I’d like you to take this list and go to Barnyard Bargains right down the street, and get everything I have written down here, got it?” she asked, handing the list to the blue girl.

A big smile formed on Sonata’s face. “Ooh! Sure! I can handle that! Anything you say, ‘Dagi!” she said, hopping up out of her seat.

“You sure about this?” Aria asked, raising an eyebrow. “The thing with the zoo and all…”

“It’s right down the street, a toddler could handle this,” Adagio replied, now more eager then ever to get to the spa with her headache returning from the arguing. The more she thought about it, the more getting both of them out of her hair for awhile seemed desirable to her.

“Well, if you’re gonna trust her with going off to do a grocery run, I’m heading to the arcades,” Aria said, grabbing her wallet and heading to the door. “Have fun getting pampered, ‘Dagi,” she added, closing the door behind her before the other siren could respond.

With a shrug, Adagio grabbed up her own purse and handed Sonata hers. “Stay out of trouble. I don’t want another incident that gets us stuck at home for a week!” she warned, heading to the door.

“You can count on me!” Sonata said with a small salute as she pocketed the list while Adagio made her way outside and closed the door behind her.

“I deserve this. I seriously deserve this after a week stuck indoors with those two,” Adagio assured herself, running her hands through her thick, bushy hair. “This is going to be the best day I’ve had in ages!” she mused, heading off in the opposite direction that Aria was walking and to her destination, thrilled to enjoy the first relief she’d had in since their days in Equestria.

Author's Note:

And thus begins my EG-based, Dazzling-focused experiment. Each upcoming chapter will focus around one's impending adventure.

Hope you enjoy!