• Published 26th Oct 2014
  • 1,242 Views, 13 Comments

Nightmare at Canterlot High - SuperBlackdeth666



Based on The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode, "Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace;" after the events of Equestria girls, Sunset Shimmer and others experience terrifying, painful nightmares, only to wake up and find out that the punishment

  • ...
1
 13
 1,242

Epilogue

The force of the explosion literally sent Sunset, Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo up into space. What happened next could've most certainly otherwise happened only while high on mescaline: they orbited around the moon for one cycle, admiring its crater-covered surface, before settling down to a diner's table that just quite literally popped up from out of nowhere. A split-second later, before they could even order anything to drink, they woke up.

They were back in Sugarcube Corner. Every single one of them.

"Wow!" Pinkie blurted out. "What a rush! Let's do that again!"

"How about we don't?" Applejack replied flatly.

With that little irrelevant outburst out of the way, everyone then proceeded to reap huge amounts of praise on the individual who had just saved all of their flanks.

"You did it, Sweetie Belle!" exclaimed Sunset.

"Oh, I'm sooooooo proud of you!" beamed Rarity as she firmly hugged her little sister.

"Thanks, Rarity," giggled Sweetie Belle. Her cheeks burned up like mad.

"Man, I wish we had the whole thing on tape!" marveled Scootaloo.

"It would've been something to bring fer Show and Tell," agreed Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle blushed uncontrollably. "Please, girls! Enough with the extra attention!"

That was when Fluttershy realized something important. "Oh my... I guess Discord wasn't kidding when he said his balloons were tough on the outside."

"Yeah, but with all the hot air," Rainbow jabbed, "he never guessed how soft he was on the inside!"

The whole gang howled with laughter.


The next morning, the girls stepped out of the shop and onto the clear street sidewalk. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, birds were singing, and the roads were clear.

Applejack breathed a sigh of relief and contentment. "Looks like everythin's back to the way it should be."

"Yep," replied Rainbow. "No more undead Groundskeepers to give us any trouble."

Sunset, on the other hand, wasn't convinced. "I don't know, girls," she said. "Something tells me that we haven't seen the last of Discord."

"Huh?" The rest of the gang looked at her with disbelief.

"I know that it sounds crazy, but he could come back in any form, at any time, and at any place. Kill us in ways we can't even imagine!"

Just then, a bus pulled up on the other side of the street. A man wearing a long black overcoat and pork pie hat hopped off. Positioning himself it the middle of the road, he removed his hat, revealing a very familiar face with an all-too-familiar grin.

Groundskeeper Discord, while having supposedly being killed in the world of dreams, was still alive for real. "I'm baaaaaaaack," he proclaimed in a singsong voice. As he let out a high-pitched laugh, the bus started to leave. He looked in its direction, his face washed with apprehension.

"Hey! Hold on a moment! Stop!" He let out a long dismal moan. "For the love of Sapphire Shores, I left my Tommy gun on the back seat!" He started to run after the bus, then stopped abruptly and looked at the girls. "Wait here, ladies," he advised. "I'll be right back." Replacing his hat, he resumed the chase, losing his left dress shoe in the process. "Oh, jeez!"

The girls stared blankly as Discord and the bus disappeared from sight. They were utterly speechless.

"I like him!" Pinkie Pie giggled, breaking the awkward silence. "He's silly!"

Comments ( 4 )

Sweetie Belle, you're so cute when you're blushing!
Rarity: You are a hero now! Embrace it!
fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/061/a/c/sweetie_belle___it_wasn_t_me_by_firestorm_can-d5wqhxl.png

Looks like your instincts serve you well, Sunset.

Discord: Heeeeeeeere's Discord! *notices that he doesn't have a gun* D'OH!

Pinkie, why are you so funny all the time? :rainbowlaugh:

This has got to be your most popular M.L.P. fanfic ever!

5209624 I suppose it's worth noting that our local MyNetworkTV affiliate station actually aired Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace last night; I couldn't watch it without thinking of this! ;)

5209771 How very interesting. :raritywink:

Login or register to comment