• Published 23rd Oct 2014
  • 1,342 Views, 36 Comments

Celestia is Asked to Dance at the Gala - kuma2564



Feeling loney at her own party, Celestia makes some poor decistions.

  • ...
11
 36
 1,342

It's all down hill from here

A big night, this Grand Galloping Gala, well, for others it is. For the Princess of Equestria? Not so much. Smile, greet, and send ponies on their way for the night of their lives. And what does she get? An hour of sitting at a table alone, watching all the other mingle and dance.

The music is nice, at least she can enjoy that, or at least she normally does. Tonight, the music comes off as… empty. It’s the same music as always, nice waltz, fox trots, and a tango or two. Nothing wrong with those, and the orchestra is the same. So… why?

Sighing, she chomps down on a flaky, sugary pastry, which her belly is certainly not happy about. This is the last time I decide to eat dinner at this thing… her thoughts grumbled like her upset stomach. The normal catering included diner-like food, but of course, the one year she decides to eat at the dance, they just had to have an accident which ruined most of normal food.

I think I shall despise cupcakes and éclairs for the rest of my life. Pushing away the remains of her third éclair, she decides to retire to her room at that moment, having enough of this sadness that would be gone by the morning. Standing up she- Gags.

Her belly would have none of this, movement thing, and had to sit back down before she was made to experience her food again.

This is not my night. A hot wet stream rolled on to her cheek. Why did her birthday have to be like this? Every year this party happens in celebration of it, yet the knowledge of what it originally stood for is lost to all but her. It was lost to even her sister! But that’s not Lunas fault… It’s hard to wish somepony a happy birthday from the moon.

Would she even remember after six hundred years? Not that it matters… I may neve- Her thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a stallion’s voice. Stunned, she looks around, and sees a very nervous looking, yet handsome silver unicorn. Though he wasn’t the normal equestrian handsome, more of a foreign handsome.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” trying, and failing, to regain some composure.

“I-… it was nothing... you… just looked sad.”

Among other things… “It is nothing.” wipes the tear away.

“Oh… that’s good, I think. Would… you care to dance?” His accent is strange, Saddle Arabian most likely.

A few moments tick by as she stares jaw-dropped, flabbergasted he just asked that. Sweat beads up on his face and neck awaiting her reply.

“Now… is not a very good time.” Cringing at another complaint from her gut, then more when his face twists with sadness, clearly crushed. Quickly he runs back to a table of his friends, which she noticed had been chuckling at his discomfort.

Throb, searing pain shot through her forehead. Throb, throb. Eyes watering, she tries to flag down a waiter. Throb, pulse, twitch. One arrives with great speed as she holds her head in her other shoeed hoof.

“Bring me some-“ Pulse “-champagne. Be quick.”

As he squires off, her head slips and bangs on the table. A few moments pass before his return.

“Your champagne, princess.” He stands the glass next to her hoof, “And I took the liberty to bring you an aspirin. If you prefer.”

Her eye pivoted to look at the shimmering glass. Light reflected off of the pristine crystal, and the golden, transparent liquid bubbled without concern for any except its own gaseous release. Then to the little white pill, who’s pressed powdery sight would be welcomed if her emotions weren’t driving her more towards the numbing embrace of alcohol.

Neck cracking, she lifted her head off the table, a mushed half-eaten éclair peeling off her white face. Grasping the thin stem of the glass, she lifts it to her mouth, and downs the liquid. It stings her throat, inflames her nostrils and sends its bubbles directly to her brain.

Soon the tension behind her eyes eases, Aaahh, Sweet relief. Grumble or maybe not…

After two more GLORIOUS glasses later, her belly finally shuts up! Although the last one wasn’t necessary, considering its spilling most of its left-over contents as it rolls across the table.

Ha! Who needs aspirin when this is much more fun! Giggling to herself. But her fun soon passes when the sight of a loving couple, dancing to a waltz, crosses her vision. Why can’t she have that? Locking eyes with a handsome stallion as they sweep the floor in fluid motion to the triple time rhythm of the music. Being held close and warm, with promises of never being let go. To be comforted on her birthday when she felt sick, and lonely, and missing her only eternal friend. Even if it is just for one, measly, night?

Why?

An idea floats to the top of her bubbly head. Or perhaps, why not? Looking around the ball, she searches for that pony who asked her to dance before. It wasn’t long ago, probably not even ten minutes before, surely he couldn’t have gotten too far.

Standing up, the room spins a little. Whoooaa! Managing to catch herself, then stay up right, she moves slowly in the direction she last saw him.

Across the large room, the ashamed Stallion sits in mock of his friends. He should have never taken that stupid dare! What was he even doing there, going to this even in stag, a long way from home. Ashamed at every rejection of the night, he feels unworthy of being an Arabian pony. Maybe he should just go back to the hotel room and wait for the others to finish enjoying their night. Which he was about to do when his heart skipped a beat.

“Are you that pony from before?” He turns to see the Princess of Equestria looking at him squint eyed.

“What is it that you need?”

“Yes”

“Yes? Yes to what exactly?

“Your question form earlier. The answer is yes. Make me feel like her.” Pointing to a dancing pair, of stallions.

“I… don’t not think I know what you mean.”

“I want, to dance. Now.” Pulling him up, she drags him out to the dance floor. Positioning him, she leads the first dance.

“I… feel like I should say something… romantic.”

Laughs, “I’m not going to stop you.”

Scanning her, he gathers information about her appearance and what he knows of her, processes his thoughts, and then those thoughts into words, then blurts out, “Your hair is sparkly!”

It starts as a giggle as his remark, then a hiccup, which causes her to giggle more. The more she giggles the more she has those pesky bubbles of air come up, and they’re just so funny!

And what he said, was just so… dumb. Or maybe cute. She can’t tell, at this point, all she knows is something is hilarious, and is making her laugh like an insane mare on the floor.

It takes a few minutes, but she spends her breath, eventually wheezing all the giggles away. Composing herself, the stallion lifts her to her hoofs.

“Are you alright, ma’am?” he asks, holding her in his arms and looking in to her eyes.

Throb. This time it wasn’t her head, “yes, I am quite alright. Just, what you said sent me into a… giggle fit. What is your name young one?”

“Silver Hoof”

“Well, Silver Hoof, care to lead the next dance? I think it to be a foxtrot.”

Nodding, he takes her hoof in to his, then starts the movements. It seems to Celestia that he’s awaking a need somewhere in her. She knows it all to well as any grown pony does.

This isn’t about that! Mentally scolding herself, this is just a dance to cheer yourself up, get your mind off of it! Resting her head on him, she relaxes. Still, this is a nice change of pace from sitting at that table. Noticing something on his thin fur, she looks closer to find her mascara is bleeding. Feeling at it, she realizes it’s been running for a while. Oh, how terrible she must look!

Sighs, and flows with the motions of her dance partner. At least he’s nice.

“Princess?”

“Hm?”

“I… think I should rephrase what I said earlier.” Clearing his throat, “I think your flowing hair looks amazing under the light of the chandler.”

And he’s cheesy.

“And your dress is positively lovely”

Very cheesy. ”Thank you, your compliments are nice.”

Finding that she is chewing her lip, wanting to reply, she just can’t. What would she say to him? He seems quite ordinary, and nothing really stands out to complement him on. Come on, you raise the sun every morning, you can manage to find it in yourself to find something nice to say about this gentle-colt.

“Your very kind, Silver Hoof.” Really? That was your big idea? Your very kind! Arrrg! What where you thin-

“Thank you very much.”

Ha! He didn’t laugh! Or make fun of it.

He lifts her from his shoulder, and looks at her. “I really think I like you.”

“Uhhhh….” Oh, my gosh what do I say? I just wanted to feel better, not have him say he likes me! Crap, this is getting out of hoof, why am I even doing this!

Before she can come up with a way to let him down, his lips touch hers. Throb. Her heart skips a beat. Throb. Her loins inflame into a burning need. Lurch. And her belly is about to treat her to her junk food diner a second time.

Ripping away, she scans for the lavatory as it rises. Spotting something closer, she rushes to a waste can, and empties the contents of her stomach into its welcoming void. Over, and over. I was wrong. The aspirin would have been better…

“Are you alright Princess?” panting, she looks up at the silver stallion, noticing a long black streak of mascara on his shoulder with a little bit of éclair mixed in.

“Don’t... Take what I just did as a comment on the kiss.” Sits down on the floor, “I think I’m going to go to my room now.”

“I’ll walk you to it.”

Shakes head, “No, I’ve embarrassed myself enough. I’d rather leave on… a better note than this…” Stands, and slowly exits the ballroom. Ascending the stairs towards her wing of the castle, ashamed at how she’s acted at her own royal party.

An ear is raised to the sound of trotting, and turns to see him on the lowest step.

“I almost forgot,” She raises a brow, wondering what in the wide world of Equestria it could possibly be. “Happy birthday, Celestia.”