• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 1,967 Views, 22 Comments

Missing Piece - FuzzytheWhatzit

  • ...
8
 22
 1,967

1 - The Dazzlings

Sunset was standing by the portal, her back pressed firmly against it. The students had her surrounded. They were all screaming at her. Insulting her, telling her she is nothing but a monster. She cried out, "No, that's not who I am anymore!" But the students wouldn't listen. They started coming closer. She caught a glimpse of her friends faces and she called out to them. "Please, help me!"

Rarity pushed through the crowd. "You are a monster. I knew it all along."

"What? No!"

"We'd never want to be friends with a freak like you," Rainbow dash said darkly.

"Please, stop!" Sunset pleaded. She felt a weight on her head and reached up- then felt the crown. She screamed in terror and tried to force it off, but she felt the dark magic pour out if it and coarse into her. She screamed loudly, tears running down her face. She lost control of her body, and had no choice but to watch in horror as that thing shot down the students, cackling madly. Finally, it flew through the portal right into Twilight's room. Twilight saw her and her face filled with horror.

"Sunset...?"

"Twilight, RUN!" Sunset screamed, but Twilight couldn't hear her.

"Sunset, I know this isn't the real you. I know you would never hurt me. You need to fight it!"

"No, I can't! I'm not in control! Please... Don't..."

The demon fired, the blast filling the room with a bright light.

Sunset jumped out of bed, completely soaked in sweat and breathing heavily. She looked around then at herself, realizing it was all just a dream then slunk back against the wall letting out one large sigh of relief. "Man, that was one heck of a nightmare," she groaned.

She looked at the clock, it was only a couple hours before she was meant to get up for school. She knew she wasn't getting back to sleep, expecially after a dream like that, so she chose to get up and take a quick walk before getting ready for school.

Sunset walked down the streets, the sun was just coming up so it was still a bit dark. She decided to walk to the park nearby, maybe she could kill some time there for a bit. When she got there, she heard a few familiar voices shouting at each other.

"Look, it wasn't my fault! I did everything I could-"

"Well it doesn't matter because we're STILL stuck here, and now we're completely powerless!" Aria crossed her arms and glared at Adagio.

Sunset immediately hid behind a tree and started to listen.

"I can still figure something ou-" Adagio started.

"No. I'll figure something out. I'm tired of following your lead."

"Look, just be patien-"

"I've been patient, Adagio! For 1,000 years, I've been following your orders and look where it's got me! We'd better off without you and your dumb orders."

Adagio sighed. "Fine, I won't lead anymore. But can I at least say something?"

"No, I don't care about anything you have to say. I'm on my own. Sonata?"

Sonata Dusk, who had been standing a few feet away holding her hands behind her back looked up. "Yeah...?"

"You coming with me or staying with this loser?"

Sonata let out a soft whimper, "But what if I don't want to choose? We only gots each other here..."

"Sonata! Her, or me?" Aria barked, causing Sonata to jump.

Adagio watched Sonata carefully. "Sonata's right, we shou-"

"Shut UP! What part of 'I don't want to see your disgusting ugly mug ever again' did you not understand?! I'm leaving, Sonata, come with me if you want. I don't care." Aria stormed off.

Sonata looked at Aria, back at Adagio then over to Aria again and shook her fists in indecision. "Wait! Wait up!" Sonata yelled, chasing after Aria.

Adagio stared off in the direction Aria went for a bit before muttering, "Well, who needs them anyway. I'll do fine on my own." She turned and saw Sunset before Sunset could hide behind the tree.

"You!" she growled. "What are you doing here?! Why are you spying on us?"

Sunset sheepishly stepped out. "I... I was just passing through."

Adagio scowled at her, "Then pass. I can't stop you."

Sunset hesitated for a second. "I can't believe your friends just left you like that."

Adagio tilted her head a bit. "Friends? Hardly. And they'll be back. Weren't you going to pass?"

Sunset sighed. "Yeah." Sunset turned around and walked away. 'I wonder what that was all about' Sunset thought to herself while walking away. 'And that look... When her friends- er, comrades took off. She looked really upset. Oh what am I doing, I shouldn't be worrying about them! Those girls brainwashed everyone in the school and tried to get them to do their bidding.'

'But then again, I did too...'

Author's Note:

This story is probably gonna get a bit complicated but don't worry this is all relevant.