• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 653 Views, 24 Comments

The Shopping List - Vanilla Mocha



When Celestia can't find the right pony to go shopping for her, she finds a different pony for the job. That different pony is me.

  • ...
5
 24
 653

"Ugh..."

I was arriving back at the Lemonade Stand. Or I would've if there wasn't so much distractions. And when I say distractions, I mean distractions. Like when you run into old 'friends', Gummy, and a frog. Don't ask. Just read.


I walked down the cobblestone roads of Canterlot. Big city, it is. Real big city. I was taking the bananas and lemons from Tirek to Iron Will, when somepony familiar ran up to me.

"Heeey, Vanilla Mocha! Remember me, ya'know, old pal ole' buddy?" A certain pink earth pony said.

"Yeah, Veronica. I remember you." I sighed, not wanting to bring back the memories.

The pink earth pony with short, blonde hair, both mane and tail, stood before me. Her blue eyes gazed into my soul. I began to worry.

"Sooo, how's it been going? You and your coltfriend get'n 'long fine, ya'know?" The pony asked.

"Yeah, our relatio-"

"That's good, that's good. Hey, sooo, me and my new coltfriend, you've never met him, he's real hott, ya'know. He's a pegasus, ya'know."

I began to tune her out. Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up! I thought, wishing I could just yell it in her face. I started walking.

"Heeey, Mocha! Where ya' going? I was telling 'ya 'bout mah coltfriend!" Veronica yelled, now following me.

"Ugh..." I mumbled.

"Oooh! Is that lemons? I love mah lemons, now! Heeey, remember back in middle school when you'd try to answer the questions to that one teacher, and then I'd but in? I got so many warnings, and red slips, and demerits, and detentions, and suspensions, and finally they just kicked me out? But then I was let back in the next year. Back to that teacher, oh, whatever his name is. He was yellow, ya'know? And we used to make fun of him and call him a lemon? Wasn't that just the best time of your life?"

Better than right here, right now, I thought. Instead, I said, "Yeah... that was... great?"

"See! Somepony agrees with me!" She said.

I continued walking. Then I stepped on something. What the... I look down to find Gummy, Pinkie Pie's pet alligator.

DING! A brilliant idea popped into my head. I picked up Gummy and threw him and Veronica.

"Eew! Eew! Slimy green thing!" She yelled, noticing Gummy on her mane and forehead. Thankfully not realizing I threw it, I ran. Sorry, Gummy. But if you can handle Pinkie Pie, you can handle her. At least for a few seconds, until she becomes overly annoying.

I continue running until I literally bump into somepony else's butt. That stupid frog, Prince Blueblood, turned his 'majestic' head around like an owl, and stares at me.

Finally he brakes the silence. "Why did you run into my big, fat, royal, tush?" He asked me.

"Maybe because it was in the way of where I was going. Seriously, your royal heinous, your rear end doesn't have to be all over Canterlot."

"Did you say, did you call me..." He sounded sad.

"Yeah, I called you heinous." I plainly confessed.

Blueblood whistled, and at once about ten royal police-ponies come out of nowhere.

"Arrest her! She verbally abused me!" Blueblood demanded.

"Wh-what?" I became frightened.

"That's right. First you run into my royal behind, and then you insult me!" Blueblood explained.

"Can I still make my lemonade first?" I ask.

"That's not even legit!" Blueblood finds humor in my statement.

Then, out of all panicky-things to do in circumstances like this, I hoof-faced myself.

Author's Note:

I am legit going off improv. ;)