• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 787 Views, 4 Comments

Of Meetings and Dragons - Espileon707



A Side story for The Fall of the Dragons. The Matriarchs and Patriarchs of the Draconic Empire are arriving for a Trade Summit. Can Twilight surrvive Draconic Culture?

  • ...
1
 4
 787

The Meeting

The Meeting

Four months had passed since the Priestess Iis and Warlock Folla had visited Princess Twilight Sparkle and her younger Brother Spike. They had stayed for two and a half weeks before leaving. And while Twilight had initially been curious as to why they stayed so long, it had been quickly cleared up when she had received at least four more lectures from Warlock Folla and, later Priestess Iis when the young Alicorn allowed the Dragoness to commune with her mind, on many different Cultural aspects of the Draconic empire. Specifically the behavior of the Matriarchs and Patriarchs tend to have towards the younger members of the Empire, specifically those who do not live in the Empire. With the upcoming Trade summit with the Draconic Empire fast approaching, Twilight put two and two together, and allowed the two Dragons to stay until they felt they were done.

This led to a few interesting shenanigans with Spike’s Invocations misfiring as he tried to make his own. His attempts at levitation made the item being “lifted” to gain weight until they were heavy enough to break through the ground. Then there was the introduction of meat into Spike’s diet that first week and the slow removal of gems. Spike had taken to Bacon, chicken and surprisingly fish very quickly however he could not and would not touch Deer, Sheep, and, Cow since he knew some Deer, Sheep, and Cows that he was friendly with. Pork, other than bacon was iffy for the young Drake. Though he still favored gems more than meat, and grew upset when he learned he’d be cutting them entirely from his diet if he wanted to grow normally.

Then again When Twilight started calling Spike by the nickname the Priestess gave him he wasn’t too pleased either insisting they gave Twilight one as well.

She ended up with the nickname Calinaa which didn’t have a direct translation into Equestrian. The closest translation Twilight could get was Small Book. As the word for little changed depending upon what it was used for in the DPalraconic language, mostly because the Draconic language was different depending on the Dragon speaking as it was the language of their individual souls. Small and Little could be Hiit, to one dragon but to another it could be Ca. As Priestess Iis named Spike and Warlock Folla named Twilight the diminutive in their names were different. Apparently Dragons could understand one another because of their innate ability to connect to souls, so when one dragon spoke the language of their own soul the other Dragon’s soul would translate it by reading the other’s soul. It fascinated Twilight to no end, though she could not go into an intensive study on the subject as the only Dragon she had constant contact with was Spike, though Folla insisted she wrote to him. Either way they both had embarrassing nicknames, but they soon embraced them. Calling each other Little Spice and Small Book. Or just Book and Spice. It depended upon the time.

Then there was the matter of Spike’s need for touch. Some of Twilight’s friends had embraced this. Rainbow Dash was bursting in and challenging Spike to Wrestling matches at random times. Applejack was fine with Slapping him on the back occasionally, but much more was something the Mare was still wrapping her head around. Fluttershy took to the idea of cuddling with great ease, commonly volunteering to watch Spike when Twilight was busy and simply cuddling the young Drake, she even went to Warlock Folla and asked about Molting and how to tell if scales and spines were healthy. Pinkie, well. Pinkie was over the moon with excitement at the idea. Being the huggy and touchy mare she was, she loved simply surprising Spike with hugs, and cuddles. Her cheer up schemes for Spike soon came to include meat as well, her cupcakes slowly becoming Maple syrup and Bacon ones instead on sapphires. Then there was Rarity.

She took to the idea with the usual dramatics. Lamenting that her little Spikey-Wikey was growing up to fast. Though she happily gave him hugs and touches to keep her favorite little Dragon healthy. She did not take well to his need for meat at first and even now four months later, while she accepted this would not change, nor could she bribe Spike with gems to change, she still could not watch the young drake eat his meat. Rarity confessed she had considered bribing Spiek with gems to change his diet back, but luckily she had quickly removed the idea from her mind.

“It wouldn’t be fair if I forced Dear Spike to change like that! I must apologise.” Rarity had apologized with her usual theatrics, insisting she make something for Spike and Twilight to make up for it. Twilight was just glad Rarity had come clean and never actually went through with the idea.

Within the first month Twilight had learned many amazing Dragon recipes and some Gryphon ones. She had begun to excel at the recipes by the fourth month and Fluttershy was more than happy to supply them with a steady stream of fish and helped them find a Gryphon run market where they could purchase chicken and other forms of meat.

Now four months later, Twilight and Spike were at the Canterlot Palace preparing for the arrival of the Matriarchs and Patriarchs of the Draconic Empire in amongst their numbers would be several assistants and the Grand Warlock himself with a few of his soldiers. Twilight hoped Folla would be among the number as she had enjoyed their conversations during his two and a half week stay. Spike on the other hand was a bit bummed knowing that Priestess Iis began her half a century Solitary Meditation and would be indisposed for fifty years. But when it was over she would be a full-fledged Priestess and able to talk once more instead of simply communicating through Invocation fueled Telepathy.

“Spice! Spice? SPIKE!” Twilight called at her little brother who was stubbornly lying in bed trying to ignore both the sun and his sister.

“Five more minutes!” Spike groaned, burying himself deeper into the blankets. Twilight rolled her eyes and flung back the covers revealing her little brother’s face to the glowing sun. Spike shied away from the light hissing a bit as the light stung his eyes.

“You said that ten minutes ago! Now come on! The Matriarchs and Patriarchs should be arriving soon and you need to get breakfast!” Twilight insisted dragging Spike out of bed.

“Ugh! Fine fine! But only if I get bacon and Pancakes!”

“Deal. Now come on!” Twilight ushered her little brother from their room within the castle, the young Drake muttering in Draconic. Twilight smiled as her brother spoke the language of his kin. Folla had taught them both a bit of the language, but it was increasingly difficult for Twilight as she was not Intune to her own soul as Dragons were. Spike only needed a few pointers and suddenly he had a whole language at his disposal. While Spike was fluent, his accent sucked. Twilight only could say a few words and sentences took a great deal of concentration, but her accent was spot on.

After a lovely breakfast of Pancakes and bacon for Spike, and simply Pancakes for Twilight, the two were awake and ready to start the meeting. Trotting out to a large landing Balcony, which was roughly the size of the Crystal Coliseum, Twilight stood beside Celestia, who was smiling serenely at the rising sun, and Luna who was nursing a large cup of coffee. Off to the side and back a bit were Cadence and Shining Armor, both poised and drinking their own cups of coffee. In the distance Twilight could make out the silhouetted forms of the Matriarchs and Patriarchs.

“Here they come.” Celestia whispered to both Twilight Spike and Luna. Luna downed her coffee and chucked the glass back over the balcony, where it smashed upon the ground. Luna winced at the sound of breaking ceramic, muttering sadly about her favorite mug.

Twilight stood firmly beside her little Brother eyes trained on the ever growing figures approaching them.

“They’re massive!” Spike hissed into Twilight’s ear. “Do you think I’ll ever be that big?”

“With the way you eat, most definitely.” Twilight responded as three Matriarchs and three Patriarchs swooped down before them. Twilight watched them come in to land, the lessons Folla gave her on the leaders of the Draconic Empire running madly through her head. The first thing she remembered was that a full grown Dragon was at most two times taller than Folla. At the least they were as tall as Folla.

The first to land was a large Female named Aina, standing at the tall end of the chart; she was about one and a half times taller than Folla. Her scales were a dull light tan and her Cobalt spines were rounded and nearly flush to her back. Her wings were massive and her deep steel eyes shone with joy as she landed.

Next came a Male named Aki he was small only a few heads taller than Folla. He had deep gray scales and shining and sharp obsidian spines. His spines even poked down beneath his muzzle like a beard. His bright almost eerie blue eyes looked very pleased to be upon the ground, and gave way a look of fatherhood.

Then came the next matriarch a smaller dragoness named Agnes she was only slightly taller than Aki. Her scales were sky blue and her cloud white spines were rounded and wavy. Her eyes were a chocolate brown and seemed nervous.

Then came the Patriarch Andor, with deep brown and white scales. His spire like spines matched his scales in color, his eyes an emerald green. He was an even two times taller than Folla.

The final Matriarch landed. Dagny was the tallest of the Leaders. Her scales were a pristine Gold her curved sharp spines a dull bronze. Her eyes were a flashing amber, and she smiled like a filly in a candy store. She was two heads taller than Andor.

Finally came the Drake Alf, he was the same size as Aina but more muscular. His scales were battered and chipped, some were missing entirely, yet they still shown a proud silver. His Spines were shaven flat close to his back but still gave a dull copper sheen to his back. His hardened Green eyes surveyed the landing pad. Then widened in delight as they landed upon Twilight and Spike.

This large imposing Patriarch soon moved towards Twilight and quickly picked her up in one fell swoop without a word. Twilight did not struggle as Alf picked her up and Agnes took Spike.

Celestia and Luna however were stunned into inaction as the beings they only knew as Proud and diligent began to coo and coddle their youngest princess and her Dragon.

“Would you look at this one Andor? Large Strong wings! And I can almost taste the magic on her!” Alf’s booming voice echoed over Canterlot making many ponies stop in their daily work to stare at the palace in confusion, only to return to their jobs.

Twilight smiled as Alf, Andor, and Aki swarmed her, inspecting her wings for damaged feathers, and her fur for fleas and lice.

“Strong magic,” Aki’s gentle voice slid out from his maw as he sniffed around Twilight and beamed. “Ah but a stronger mind! Intelligent and curious! Great Prizes in one so young!”

“We have all heard of your deeds Calinaa.” Andor spoke, his voice heavy yet swift. Twilight blushed at the mention of her nickname but still felt incredibly humbled by their praise. “Alingot Nel Iktirim dal. Calinaa Inrigsemtol daal ulothnul. Talnen sull marktol ellenae daal Hiitchen sagdul.”

Twilight’s embarrassed smile quickly faded to a look of concentration as she quickly tried to translate the language of an unknown soul.

“We have, heard much of you. Ok that was simple then… Small Book, alright easy again. We do not mare? Oh no! Care! We do not care for these deeds. But for how well… you have mared? No! Cared and loved Little Spice since his birth.” Having mentally translated the Patriarch’s words Twilight began to try and respond.

“A-Aliinut… Solmaneh… Hignet antunil. Igmintah nat usil… Ganah Hiitchen malignek Talincal.” Twilight smiled to the Patriarchs who were beaming so hard, Twilight swore their faces would break in two. She could hear faint giggling coming from where Cadence and Shining Armor stood, she had told them something like this would happen, but they were still laughing.

“You do yourself well Calinaa! So humble and kind! You will make a fine Malikni!” Alf boomed smothering Twilight in a massive bear hug.

“Alf! Nati ik nun! Share our Malikni!” Aki protested snatching up Twilight to hug her himself. Alf pouted and dove for Aki as he held Twilight close. Yelping in surprise as she was tossed into the air, Twilight found herself caught by Andor who simply smirked as Alf and Aki wrestled one another on the Landing pad below. Twilight smiled as she turned her attention to her brother, who was being fawned over by the Matriarchs.

Currently Spike was being held by Dagny who was cooing and praising his fluency in their language. Aina was pouting and demanding that Dagny let her hold him and check to make sure his wings were beginning to grow correctly. Agnes was simply tuttering at the two of them, insisting that if they keep coddling the drake now she gets to keep him during the meeting.

Twilight giggled as she felt one of Andor’s claws gently run through her mane. She then turned her attention to the Princesses. Celestia was staring at the chaos, her right eye twitching subtly, confusion fresh and evident upon her muzzle. Luna was gaping at the scene, her expression split between wishing to join in the Wrestling and calling the guards. In the corner Cadence and Shining Armor were rolling upon the ground laughing, though Shining was gathering himself together as the attendants and secretaries began to land beside them.

“Well if I had known the Palotins would be this excited to meet you I’d have sent a warning beforehand!” Twilight’s ears tensed as she heard the flitting humor filled voice she had come to enjoy, call to her from below. Head snapping towards the voice Twilight beamed as she saw Folla standing upon the ground, his usual wide smile gracing his face, and his teeth cackling with the residual power of an invocation. The sounds of the scuffle between the Patriarchs stopped as all three turned to find Folla standing before them. Twilight couldn’t help but snort at the sight of two full grown dragons tangled together, Alf was holding Aki’s tail between his front talons and Aki held Alf’s back leg in his maw.

“Folla! It’s great to see you Titiniki! I take it your last mission was a busy one, considering your mouth reeks of confusion.” Alf stated releasing Aki’s tail.

“Oh, yes. Very busy. Though I doubt those Tainted will try to attack again, considering how much of their own number they took out.” Folla’s smile stayed its same joyful beam as he spoke, though the energy of invocation was fading. “But that’s enough about my duties. Shouldn’t you be doing yours?”

Folla’s voice was loud and clear, easy for the Matriarchs to hear him to. Andor landed adjusting to stand upon his back legs as Aki raced up and snatched Twilight from him.

“But of course! Come come! We have a meeting no?” Aki called to the Matriarchs as Agnes scooped up Spike from Aina’s grasp.

“Of course. Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, lead the way.” Princess Luna was the first to snap out of her stupor and nodded though she did not speak. Turning to her sister Luna nudged Celestia until she shook her head and quickly she spoke.

“Of course! Right this way.” Celestia then led the party through the castle; many a guard stopped and stared as Twilight and Spike were brought through the castle halls by dragons. Spike was soaking up the attention prattling away about just about anything. Twilight would answer the Patriarchs questions as Aki’s eyes moved over her, almost like he was inspecting her. Just before they entered the meeting room Twilight swore she heard Aki mutter something in Draconic about either checking her muscles for tears, or Taking the Brothel for bears. Twilight assumed it was the former.

It was funny as the meeting began the Secretaries and attendants began to move in closer to Twilight and Spike. As Celestia and Luna began the bargaining with Twilight joining in, the Attendants would take use of the lull in negotiations to teach Twilight some more Draconic, or help check Spike for loose scales or spines. A few simply curled up with them, so soon Twilight was covered in a blanket of Dragons whilst Spike was surrounded by them. Folla stood on the outside with a few other, each of them cackling with readied invocations. Folla stood to the side of the group, he was shorter than the rest, being rather young. He was Twilight’s age, at least maturity wise.

Occasionally the Trade Negotiations would halt as the Matriarchs and Patriarchs passed along Twilight and Spike. Soon Twilight found herself in Dagny’s embrace, being groomed by the Dragoness. Celestia barely kept herself from stuttering as her eyes constantly fell upon her student in the grips of a dragon. Being groomed of all things. Luna simply gaped.

Spike had found his way to Alf who was happily conversing with the little Drake about Invocations and the power of dragon fire. It was during this time that Negotiations suddenly picked up, and for nearly an hour they went uninterrupted until…

“If you are willing to trade Bark for coal then surely you’re in a losing battle!” Aina exclaimed to Celestia. Dagny was now nuzzling Twilight, trying to lull the tired Princess to sleep; having been in in the meeting for nearly 5 hours had tired the mare out.

“Bark can be turned to paper, but we have more than enough coal, where as our Forests are nowhere near as dense as yours.” Celestia refuted.

“Right. Seeing how you five have this handled. I’m going to take Hiitchiin for some Invocation training.” Alf exclaimed as Agnes moved to speak. Suddenly all draconic eyes and some pony ones were on Alf.

“Abrusniktel!” Andor shouted rising as well.

“Language Andor!” Aina shouted back.

“You are terrible with Invocations Alf. Why not let me?” Agnes asked smirking as Alf huffed.

“Oh like you’re any better.”

“Palotins, Martrinas! Please all of you settle!” Twilight’s head snapped from the building chaos and straight to Folla who was calmly walking towards Alf, having switched to his bipedal walk. Calmly he walked up to Alf and plucked Spike from his hands. “None of you are any good at invocations. Besides, you all have a job to do here. You six stay, I’ll take Hiitchen and give him a few lessons.”

With that Folla walked out leaving the room silent. The standing Dragons all turned to the door, each one slowly getting a huge smirk.

“Aye well, The Boss is heading out.”

“And we can’t leave him be!”

“No sir! Not at all!”

“It does go against our code. We can’t abandon the Grand Warlock at any time…” The five standing Dragons then bolted out the door leaving a trail of dust in their wake. In the pile of dragons a single sentence was heard.

“Damnit! I was going to do that!” There was a silence mixed with both confusion, awkwardness and pouting before the negotiations took up again, but now with only Twilight to be passed between the Dragons. However the negotiations lasted only ten minutes before Twilight interrupted.

“HE’S THE GRAND WARLOCK!?”

“Ah yes! Folla didn’t tell you? Hmm. My son tends to be forgetful.” It was Andor who responded leaving Twilight gaping even more.

“HE’S YOUR SON?!”

“And my own as well.” Dagny’s voice whistled above her. “Did he not mention that either?”

“No! Nor did Iis!”

“Oh well Iisi does tend to be a bit more secretive of her parentage. Folla the dear has never hidden it before. Never saw a point in it.” Twilight was shocked as Dagny spoke. Andor chuckled.

“Must be because he likes her. He never tells anyone he likes we’re his parents. Always thought it would cause trouble.”

“If I recall Twilight is like that, but she never tells who her mentor is if she likes the stallion. It can cause some confusion when it comes out but that’s about it.” Cadence spoke up, smirking as Twilight turned a darker Purple and the Dragons all looked confused. “Oh I take it she never mentioned Celestia is her mentor then?”

This made Dagny beam and Alf let loose a booming laugh.

“Oh! So should we be expecting Haalos’ sometime in the future?” Came Dagny’s question making Twilight suddenly squeak and bury her face in her hooves, hoping to help one of the Attendants happily shifted position to let Twilight hide her face under them. Which Twilight gladly did.

“Pardon my ignorance, but what does Haalos mean?” Luna asked confused, her attempt to speak Draconic making the word sound like it was spoke through a mouthful of gravel. It was Agnes who spoke, Aki chiming in at the exact same time.

“Grandkids of course!” As the laughter of Shining Armor and Cadence grew Twilight could feel her entire body heat up. This was going to be a long Meeting.

Author's Note:

Hey there all!!! So I am continuing on this one. And it's going to be a ride of embarrassment and Draconic Culture norms and strangeness! As usual comments are embraced and accepted! Please share this among your friends! I also suggest taking a quick peek at The Fall of the Dragons to get an idea on what led up to this! Also welcome to the Dragon Fall Verse!

Translation for Twilight: Your thanks is not necessary. I only need the joy of raising Little Spice, and being his Sister.

Other Translations: Malikni: Daughter/female kin
Palotins: Great Fathers, Patriarchs
Titiniki: Son/Male Kin
Abrusniktel: Effectively, Fuck no!
Martrinas: Great Mothers, Matriarchs

Comments ( 4 )
Comment posted by Hillbe deleted Oct 3rd, 2014

This is awesome! Please keep writing stories like this.

I can't believe I have to make a note of this. But. Please do not make sexual comments relating to Spike in this. He is a Baby dragon. That is creepy. I apologize, but if I see any sexual comments on this page I will delete them. I'm sorry but this is where I draw the line. Talks of cuddling and grooming are fine. Again I apologize But I've already had to delete one comment because of this and I hate doing that.

More super fluffy Spike fiction with affectionate pat/maternal dragons? Yes, please.

Login or register to comment