• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 510 Views, 6 Comments

Keen Observation In:A hunt for the cutiemark crusaders - Toxic Charm



Keen Observation the detective for the P.V.P.D. Is givin the task by three of the mane so to find the cutie mark crusaders

  • ...
 6
 510

Chapter 1: The life of a detective

If your working for the ponyville police department (Or P.V.P.D for short) you run into a lot of heartache and pain, Sure there are chances to help people and you see the smile on there face if you find a missing foal, Or seeing someone put to justice for their crimes. But the the part no one thinks about when starting this job is the victims or the crime scene...

That feeling of having to tell a family that their little filly of theirs was found dead in a gutter, Or when you know that the colt at the stand did rape and kill a filly but was let go due to not having enough evidence, And the pain you feel hearing the family cry in the court room as the monster walks free. And the crime scenes are no better, My last case I saw two young mares cut open and gutted. These are the pains I 'Keen Observation' must face with being the detective for the P.V.P.D.


I awaken slightly with my head on a cold wooden table in a dimly lit room,the world around me hazy.

I hear faintly the bartender 'Hard Cider.' "Hey! Keen wake up! It's almost closing time and you should probably get home and get some sleep." I look up and I forgot I was doing some drinking hoping to forget my previous cases at the 'Knife and Apple Tavern.'

I rub the haze out of my eyes a hangover from hell already forming, I grumble. "Ah damn, how long was I down for?"

Cider shrugs "I dunno about a two hours. You kinda went a little hard on the drinks tonight, You doing okay man?" He asked concerned.

I look down at my half empty glass."Yeah...I'm fine, Just another bullshit case of some monster that I know raped and killed a mare got away with it because of a Technicality."I drink the last of the strong liquor hoping to forget the memories of what laid at the crime scene.I feel it burn the back of my throat and then the numbing as I set the glass back down.

Cider takes the glass off the counter. "Hey Keen,look. You are a great customer here,What with you finding this place a while back with that butcher case," I look down knowing what he's going to say. I've heard this lecture many times before.

"But you're also my friend I think you should stop taking so many cases, I mean this is going to give you major depression! Plus keen, You can't just drink your problems away." He pointed out as he cleaned the glass and puts it back.

He slowly sighed. "now go home,rest,and lay off taking so many cases for a while."

"Cider,I'm grateful you care and I'm happy and all but I can't just stop. I swore to protect everypony, And that's what I'll do till the day I die." I put a few bits on the counter and get up to walk out.

He shrugs. "Alright it's your funeral. Just know this much stress isn't good for one colt."

I walk out of the dimly lit tavern and into the bright sunlight. I slightly hiss a bit and squint my eyes as I head back to the station.I trotted though town to the station and all was quite that early morning.

I get into my office and put on my 'hangover sunglasses', sit in my comfy chair, And I start my daily routine of filling my gut with burgers while I read through my horror stories.

A few hours pass and it remains quite, My day took a bad turn when one of the officers 'Dusty Prints' opens my door and slowly peeks in. "Hey Keen um...three mares want to speak with you, Shall I send them in?"

I nod and the door opens more as he calls for them, the three mares who enter. Their heads are down but I can recognize the manes and cutie marks anywhere they were none other than 'Apple Jack','Rarity' and 'Rainbow dash'.

I sat up concerned as the mane six hardly need the police's help,let alone mine. " Hello, is everything ok with you mares?"

Applejack puts her hoof over her Stetson and looks down hiding her face, As Rainbow dash looks further down covering her eyes with her mane, I see a small drop of a tear fall behind her mane. "this can't be good if she's crying..." Was all I could think to myself.

Rarity looks up. Her eyeliner smudged from tears. " S-sweetie belle hasn't come home since yesterday and no one can find her..."

"And normally scootaloo is around for practice with me and I haven't seen her since yesterday" Rainbow Dash added

"Add ma' sister hasn't been home since yesterday after her chores " Apple Jack said softly.

The three little fillies were connected as everyone in ponyville knew them as the 'cutie mark crusaders' so I figured they were taken at the same time by the same perp.

"I will take the case.Do you guys recall their whereabouts when last you saw them? Or if they said anything to any of you all? I'll also need to know who they have spoken to the last while." I inquired.

They inform me the last locations briefly before they started sobbing,the only info they knew was that they talked to a few ponies around town. They did see them talk to 'Sly Clop' the owner of the porn shop on 'Sore Saddle Street.' The only places they remember seeing the young fillies was in their 'headquarters' (AKA: their tree fort) and 'Sugar Cube Corner.'

I look to Dusty "You're coming with me to the tree house,before we go,tell the other officers that we'll have to set a curfew,and make sure nopony leaves ponyville. Anyone leaving will be apprehended and questioned."

He nods and dashes out of the room to inform the other officers.I walk around my desk to the three gently sobbing mares.

"don't worry we will find them, You three just head home,stay next to your phones In case they reach any of you. We will of course let you know when we find them" I assure them as they wipe their eyes.

"Thank You Keen..." all three of them replied as they slowly walk out the door.

I sigh hoping I can find these little fillies before it's to late...

Author's Note:

Keen Obseration has returned! Will he be able to find the lovable cutie mark crusaders?or will it all end I'm tradgedy? STAY TUNED FOR CHAPTER 2!