• Published 29th Sep 2014
  • 464 Views, 0 Comments

Twist - pinklover12



What happens when Rainbow Dash fails at her first race? No sonic rainboom, and no Mane 6. It's up to one of Celestia's secret agents to set things right, or mess it all up.

  • ...
 0
 464

7. The Mission Begins


Agent 2-20 trotted down the metal and cement walled hallways of her institution with her chin held high and eyes politely closed.

Dear Celestia she hated this coat.

To be specific, she hated this heavy black trench coat she had just fetched from her locker in the Personal Storage room, along with the mandatory pair of sunglasses.

2-20 could only imagine the horror she would feel at having to pull the hood down when she emerged onto the streets of Canterlot, just to hide her identity. Why would her identity need hiding?

The young mare took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves. She was going to have to follow all the rules if she wanted to make Captain next year. And when that happened, she'd be straight on to CSA President, and then she could change the rules and not have to follow them! This put a smile on her face.

It was a few more minutes before the agent arrived at Silver Moon's desk, right next to the main exit.

To explain Silver Moon in one word: Nice. Silver was incredibly, horribly, miraculously nice to nearly everyone. Some ponies thought this was sweet, some thought it was creepy, and some thought it was suspicious. To Agent 2-20, it was downright annoying.

Silver Moon perked up as soon as she spotted 2-20, (as if she could perk up any more), and immediately squealed: "Hey there, T!"

This instantly put a damper on 2-20's mood. She hated being called T, and if this was reference to her original name, then Silver Moon had broken code on several occasions.

Silver began sifting around in the miscellaneous papers on her desk for... something, as 2-20 had not asked for any specific papers and there was no way Silver could have known in such a short time.

"I need the notes on case 2-88-12."

"I know."

This irked Agent 2-20 even further. She hated the way Silver Moon always knew what you were thinking, as if she could read minds, or the future or something. 2-20 also hated, like... her mane, and how it's so pale, and... her gray fur...

Okay, to cut to the chase, Silver Moon was a small grey unicorn mare with a pale white mane, tinted with blue and cream. Her eyes were quite large, silver, and sometimes appeared to glow in low light, like a cat.

Nopony really knew what Silver's job was. To many, she was a secretary, to the captain she was an assistant, to the agency president she was a model employee, and to Agent 2-20, she was (again) annoying.

"Here it is!" Silver Moon squealed in a way many foals would react to being given a candy bar.

A small manilla folder, scrawled with the numbers: 2-88-12 was plopped onto the desk. It wasn't particularly stuffed, but a lot of the papers were sticking out at odd angles.

"Great... thanks." Agent 2-20 said completely unenthusiastically. She grabbed the papers and trotted off towards the exit.

Silver Moon kept on grinning way too excitedly, only for a terrible scowl to contort her face the moment no pony was looking.


Agent 2-20 neared the exit now, with the case files safely tucked into a pocket of her horrible leather coat, the thought reminding her to pull her hood down as she magically punched in the code to open the interlocking steel doors.

Although she would never admit it, 2-20 felt a bit nervous, and more than a bit scared. It had been a long time since a mission in the field, and although the captain had made it clear it would be of no consequence, she would hate to fail.

I reeeeally want that promotion...

After a few seconds, the metal doors screeched open, and Agent 2-20 was trotting into the streets of Canterlot.

Here I go...