• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 12,569 Views, 481 Comments

My Lady, My Love, My Life - MysteriousStranger



Several months after Trixie and Rarity became a couple, they must now face new challenges to mantain their relationship and make their bond stronger.

  • ...
15
 481
 12,569

Early Arrival

The Next Day…

A train arrived to Ponyville at the morning. The doors opened and several ponies boarded the train while others disembarked and got received by their family and friends. However, a pony wasn’t greeted by anypony, nor got offered to carry their luggage. The pony had a purple magician hat with blue and yellow stars on it and an eye patch on her left eye. She raised her head to look at the town in front of her.

“I’m home.” Trixie said with a smile. The showmare walked towards downtown. “I’ll go see Rarity first. She'll surely be surprised for my early return.” Trixie was careful and watched her surroundings as she walked. Before turning in every corner, she peered first. However, she didn’t notice that somepony was following her. In one of the corners, when she was peering, she got covered by a shadow. “A cloud?” Trixie said to herself before slowly looking up. What she saw wasn’t a cloud. She saw Pinkie Pie looking at her with a grin.

“Hey there Trix!” The party Pony cheerfully said. “From whom are we hiding?”

“Pinkie!” Trixie exclaimed before turning her body to her friend. “I’m… I’m just… I was…” The blue Unicorn couldn’t formulate any word. Knowing Pinkie Pie, she would start speaking nonstop and in a high pitch voice.

“I was just walking around when I saw that you were back so I decided to say hi until I noticed that you were hiding so I decided to go with you! Then, I… mmmm!” Pinkie Pie found herself unable to speak anymore all of the sudden. She put her hooves on her face only to realize that her mouth was gone.

“I'm sorry, Pinkie, but I can’t risk to be seen by anypony. I want to surprise Rarity and everyone else. If you want to come with me, I’ll need silence.”

“Mm mm mmm?” Pinkie Pie ‘said‘ as she pointed the place where her mouth should be.

“I’ll return you your mouth when I’m at Rarity’s.”

“Mmmm…” The pink pony looked down.

Trixie felt bad for her friend and hugged her. “I’m happy to see you again, Pinkie.”

“Mm!” Pinkie Pie closed her eyes, unable to smile but Trixie knew that she was smiling on the inside. Then, Trixie peered over the corner again.

“None of our friends are around, let’s go!” Trixie trotted while Pinkie Pie skipped, watching their surroundings. “We’re close. I can see Carousel Boutique!”

“Mm!” Trixie looked at Pinkie Pie and saw that her friend was pointing to the sky. Trixie followed her hoof and found Rainbow Dash above them, flying around.

“Oh, no! Quick, on that bush!” Both mares galloped to a nearby bush and hid in it. They watched the sky, in silence. A rainbow moving fast could be seen. “Good, she didn’t see us. Let’s wait until she leaves.” They waited for minutes, but Rainbow Dash didn’t leave. “What is she doing? Practicing? She rarely practices above Ponyville, why now?” Trixie, then, gazed upon Rarity’s home. “And being so close…”

“Mm!” The party left the bush.

“Pinkie, what are you doing!?”

“Mm!” Pinkie Pie winked an eye to her friend and went to a place where Rainbow Dash could see her and started to jump to call the attention of the Pegasus. Seconds later, Rainbow Dash landed in front of the party pony.

“Pinkie Pie? What happened to your mouth?”

“Mmmm mmm mm mm. Mmmm mm mm mmm…!”

“Alright, bad idea.” The cyan Pegasus said as she facehoofed. “I’ll take you to Twilight’s to get you fixed up.” Rainbow Dash said as she grabbed Pinkie Pie. “Hang on!” She flew away with her, leaving Trixie’s path clear.

“Thank you, Pinkie!” Trixie said with a smile as she left her hiding spot. She made sure that none of her friends was around and galloped to Rarity’s door. She stopped in front of it and opened it, being careful to not make any noise.

Once in, she let out a sigh of relief and put her luggage aside. She heard a sewing machine being used so she sneaked to the workshop’s door, which was opened. She took a look inside and she felt like if her heart was about to leave through her mouth. Rarity, astonishing as always, was still wearing Trixie’s cape. She was focused on her work, but Trixie could see a small pout. The blue Unicorn carefully walked to Rarity’s back, she stood on her rear legs and embraced Rarity from behind. The fashionista gasped, but she didn’t fight. “Hello, sweetheart.”

“Tr-Trixie-boo…?” Rarity slowly turned her head and body to see Trixie’s face, inches away from hers. Trixie realized that her fiancée was wearing more make up than she usually did on her cheeks, her eyelashes and her lips had lipstick.

“Yes, it’s me, beautiful.”Rarity put a hoof on one of Trixie’s cheeks and stroked it, smiling in the process. “I missed you so… mphm!” Rarity suddenly jumped on Trixie, kissing her with passion on her lips and falling to the floor on top on her. Trixie’s hat fell from her head but she didn’t care. All she did was embrace her love and kiss her back. Truth to be told, she had been looking forward for this moment since she left Canterlot. Several moments later, Rarity pulled away and began kissing Trixie all over her face. “I suppose that you missed me too.” Was all what Trixie managed to say between giggles.

“I’m so glad… to see you again…” Rarity said between kisses. When she stopped, she gazed at Trixie’s only visible eye. None of them said anything for a while; they just gazed upon each other’s eyes while Trixie stoked Rarity’s hair and smiled.

“I have so much to tell you, including some great news.”

“First tell me why have you returned early, my darling. Not that I’m complaining, of course.”

“Twilight.” Trixie simply said. “She wrote to Princess Celestia yesterday. She told her about your state and I knew that I had to return.”

“She did what…?” Trixie nodded. However, her smile faded when Rarity stood up abruptly, pushing Trixie away. “Oh no… no, no, no, no…” The fashionista said as she covered her face with one of her forelegs and shook her head. “This is bad…”

“What’s wrong, Rarity?” Trixie was confused and still on the floor.

“I know that Twilight had the best intentions, but now Princess Celestia will now think that I’m too needy and I can’t spend two weeks without you. This is outrageous!” Rarity used her magic to make a coach appear next to her and let her fall on it. “From all the bad things that would happen, this is the worst… possible… thing!” She finished by taking a hoof to her forehead.

“I think that you’re exaggerating, sweetheart…” Trixie said, frowning. “Princess Celestia herself admitted that inviting me for two weeks was too much.” The blue Unicorn said as she stood up and noticing that Rarity’s mood didn’t change. “Rarity…” She said as she approached to her. “Everything’s fine. She doesn’t think that you’re needy.”

“How do you know…?”

“Because I asked her.”

Rarity quickly glared at her fiancée. “Y-You asked her…?” Trixie nodded. “Then, do you think that I’m needy?”

“No. You just love me. I can’t blame you, my beauty precedes me.” The magician pony said with pride as she put one of her forelegs to her chest.

Rarity giggled and stood up. “I can’t argue you that.” The fancy Unicorn said before kissing one of Trixie’s cheeks. “You ARE beautiful.” Trixie smiled, glad that Rarity recovered her mood. “Now, what great news have you brought me?” Just as Trixie opened her mouth, there was a weak knock on the door. “Ignore it so they think that nopony’s here.”

“It’s not polite to ignore anypony, especially Fluttershy.” Trixie said.

“How do you know that it’s Fluttershy?”

“Who else knocks weakly? Besides, your home is also a shop and it’s opened for business and she’s still knocking even when she could just come in.”

“Oh, right…” Rarity said, slightly amazed by Trixie’s deduction. “I’ll get the door, but you’ll tell me the news later!”

“I promise.” Rarity walked to the front door, followed by Trixie, and opened it. Fluttershy was, indeed, on the other side.

“Fluttershy, darling! How many times do I have to tell you to enter when my shop is opened?”

“I’m sorry…” The Pegasus said, ashamed, as she walked in. She noticed Trixie once she was in. “Trixie!” Fluttershy said as she jumped on Trixie, making both of them fall to the floor.

“Fluttershy?” Trixie was surprised by her friend’s reaction. “Yes, it’s me. I’m back.” The showmare could sense Rarity glaring at her, scared but she didn’t know exactly why. She also noticed that Fluttershy was blushing madly and she stood up, hidding her face with her hair. “What’s wrong?” Rarity, who was also blushing. She took her pocket mirror and put it in front of Trixie. The blue Unicorn saw that she had lipstick lips all over her face from when Rarity kissed her. Trixie’s face turned red. “Oh… I’ll wash my face.” Trixie said as she galloped to the bathroom.

“Fluttershy…” Rarity said after recovering. “What brings you here?”

“I only came to ask you if you’re going to come to our weekly Spa meeting today. But, I guess that you and Trixie will…”

“Oh, don’t worry, darling. I won’t put my best friend below my fiancée. I’ll be there.”

“If that’s fine with you…”

“Yes it is.” In that moment, Trixie returned.

“Rarity. I’ll go with Fluttershy to take my luggage and get settled again. Are you free for lunch tomorrow?”

“Oh, absolutely.” Rarity said “I’ll be waiting for you.”

Trixie gave her fiancée a peck on her lips. “I’ll tell you about the great news tomorrow.”

“Oh, but Trixie-boo, you won’t let me sleep!”

Trixie chuckled and returned to Fluttershy, taking her luggage and hat. She opened the door and let Fluttershy leave the boutique first. “I’ll see you later, Rarity.”

“Goodbye, darlings!”

Trixie closed the door, not before muttering I love you to Rarity. “So… how have you been?” Trixie was the first to speak.

“I have been fine. Thank you for writing to us, Trixie. I was happy to hear that Princess Celestia wasn’t harsh with you.”

“She’s really nice. I must admit that I was really nervous at first. But after talking to her, I gained confidence.”

“I had the same problem, but Twilight helped me. Oh!” Trixie got scared a bit by Fluttershy’s sudden exclamation. “There’s something I really want to talk to you about, it’s very important.”

“What is it?”

“I-I'm sorry, but I want to wait until we’re home.”

“Oh, alright. How are the forest critters?”

“They are fine. Mrs. Squirrel had cute little pups two days ago and I’m giving her more food than usual. They are so cute!”

“Really? I would love to see them! I have never seen baby squirrels before.”

“We can. But they are probably sleeping now, we’ll go later.”

“Of course” They walked hardly talking until they arrived. Trixie put her luggage and hat back in her room and walked back to the living room, where Fluttershy was already sitting on the couch.

“P-Please, sit.”

Trixie noticed that her friend was nervous again. She slowly walked to the coach and sat beside Fluttershy. “I’m all ears.”

“I… umm, well, I’m thinking o-on…”

“Take your time.”

“I… I want to p-pr…”

“Yes…?”

Fluttershy took a deep breath and she spoke loud and quickly. “I want to propose to Twilight!” The Pegasus closed her eyes and didn’t say anything else. She was blushing madly.

Trixie took a moment to register what Fluttershy just said. She grinned and hugged her friend tightly. “Wow, Fluttershy! I’m so proud of you!”

“Why?” The shy pony said, still blushing and not returning the hug.

“Because I know how hard this is for you.” Trixie moved her body but kept her hooves on Fluttershy’s withers. “This is a big step and you’re ready to take it, which makes me happy!”

“Thanks… umm, but I don’t know how to do it.”

“Listen to your heart. You know her very well so you know what she likes the most. Do you have a ring?”

“Yes. I got one a few days ago. I have been thinking how to propose ever since.”

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy. You have time. She’s not going anywhere.”

***

The next morning…

“You’re leaving?!”

“Pinkie Pie, please, I’m right in front of you. You don’t need to yell!” Twilight scolded her friend. They were all at the train station. The bookworm pony had luggage with her and Spike was beside her. “I told you yesterday that Princess Celestia asked me to oversee Unicorn Hills’ reconstruction since my brother was called by Princess Cadence.”

“Can’t you take anypony with you?” Rarity worriedly asked.

“I’m afraid not. This is a serious business, not vacations. I can only take Spike. Golden Oak will remain closed until my return.”

“But we don’t know when you will return.” Rainbow Dash spoke. “Do you really have to stay until it’s completely rebuilt?”

“Yes, but don’t worry. Princess Celestia sent the best workers in Equestria, it shouldn’t take long.” Twilight looked over at Fluttershy, whose face was down. She approached to her. “Shy…” The Pegasus didn’t say anything. “Fluttershy, you didn’t say anything since I told you that I’m leaving… I would really love to hear your voice before I leave. ” Fluttershy was still silent. She didn’t even look up.

“Twilight…” Trixie said as she walked next to Fluttershy. “Do you want us to give you some privacy?”

“Ah’m afraid we can’t, sugarcube. The train is arrivin’.” Everyone turned their heads and saw how the train stopped and opened its doors. Like Trixie and Rarity’s trip, it was empty and the train was in a bad shape.

“Well, that’s our ride…” Twilight said after a sigh. She turned to see Fluttershy again. She used a hoof to lift Fluttershy’s head and kissed her on one of her cheeks. “I promise to write. I love you…” There were still no reactions from the shy Pegasus. Sad, Twilight boarded the train with Spike and turned to see her friends one last time. “Goodbye…”

“Goodbye, Twilight and Spike” Everypony but Fluttershy said. The doors closed and the train started to move. Nopony was prepared for what happened next. When the wagons were about to leave the station, Fluttershy galloped towards the last one.

“Fluttershy!” The Pegasus in question didn’t react to Rarity’s call. She kept galloping and jumped towards the wagon, opening the back door and boarding it. Fluttershy walked towards the wagon before the one Twilight and Spike were and hid from any window. She could hear their voices on the other side.

“Twilight, can I check the rest of the wagons to see if they are all empty?”

“Huh…? Oh, sure, Spike.” Fluttershy heard Spike’s footsteps as he opened the opposite wagon the Pegasus was at and a door opening and closing shortly after. What she heard next made her heart sink. She heard a sob. Fluttershy, feeling guilty, opened the door and took a few steps forward. Twilight quickly saw her. “Shy…?” The Unicorn said before clearing her tears. “What are you doing here How did you board the train...?”

“I…” The timid pony walked a few more steps towards Twilight but she tripped. She closed her eyes and squeaked before being caught by Twilight’s hooves just as she was about to hit the floor. The sound of something hitting the floor was heard. “Thank you...”

“What did you drop?” Twilight said as she began looking for whatever just fell as Fluttershy checked her wings. Her heart stopped when she realized what she has dropped. “Oh, I think I found it!” The librarian said as she magically lifted a small box. “Huh, what’s this?” Fluttershy gulped as her marefriend opened the box. Inside, she found a golden ring with a lavender jewel. “Is this… what I think it is?” Twilight asked, slowly looking at Fluttershy whose face was hidden by her hair.

“Y-Yes…” Fluttershy said in a barely audible voice. Several seconds passed where the only sounds heard were the wheels of the train on the rails. After some time, Twilight put one of her hooves on Fluttershy’s chin and lifted her head to make their eyes meet. She was smiling widely and she finally said one simple word but it was enough to bring joy.

“Yes.”

Author's Note:

I couldn’t come up with a better title. It was either this one or “Surprises, surprises” :ajbemused:
Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! The next one will take longer to be updated, why you may ask? Because it’s the final chapter! And you know what will happen! :pinkiehappy:
I need to investigate more to make the final chapter as good as possible, so, be patient! :twilightsmile:
SonicTheEchidna didn’t revise this chapter yet.