• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,304 Views, 48 Comments

The Summer Life of Spike: Book 3 - Dark Matter 101



They're back! Join Spike and others as they enjoy their last month of Summer Vacation. Thrilling new adventures, new friends, and a special horror chapter coming soon.So get ready for another adventure with Spike and his friends.

  • ...
4
 48
 3,304

Ch 4: World of Fun

Chapter 4
World of Fun

A train runs on the tracks slowing down. The sun rises behind it silhouette it. People came out of the train gathering equipment. They set up tents, rides, food stands out on an open field. It took over at least 4 hours to build the carnival. They set up bar fences around the park and an entrance. A big sign was put up above the entrance saying: Flim & Flam's World of Fun. After a while, a bunch of crowds were lining up. People shoved and pushed. Spike and his friends were also there. Spike, Pipsqueak, and Comet. Twilight, Flash, and her friends. And others from their home town were also present.

"I'm so excited!" Pinkie cried out. "The rides. The food stands. Where to begin?"

"I'm excited, too," Spike said, "I never been to a carnival before."

"Spike, you're missing out on the fun," Pipsqueak said.

"Yeah, dude, I mean, I went to a carnival once." Comet spoke.

"The Carnival is a bit of fun, Spike," Twilight said.

"Yeah, there's roller coasters, contests," Rainbow Dash added.

"And dresses, and shopping," Rarity also added.

"And a petting zoo!" Fluttershy points out.

"Don't know why you guys are so excited about," Applejack said, crossing her arms. She wasn't happy too be here, "Flim and Flam may have a carnival, but their business is still a fake."

"I forgot that Applejack and The Flim Flam Brothers are rivals," Twilight said.

"But that won't stop us from having a good time today," Flash said, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, a good time with you and my brothers," Twilight said happily, "Speaking of brothers, where's Shining Armor? He should've been here by now."

"Yeah, and Big Mac and Sunset Shimmers," Applejack said.

"There he is," Spike pointed at Shining Armor walking down the road with Sunset Shimmers, "With my date."

"Sorry we're late, we had a flat tire," Shining said.

"Shouldn't you have a spare tire?" Dash asked.

"Ye- No," Mac said looking over at Shining Armor, "Somebody forgot to put the spare tire in the car when they first got it."

"Spike, you ready for our date?" Sunset said squatting down to his height.

"Date? What date?" Twilight was curious of this.

"Well, this is day three of our date, Twilight," Sunset said, "As a couple, we're going to enjoy the carnival today just the two of us."

"Spike, do you drug girls just so they can be with you?" Flash asked.

"What kind of a question is that?" Spike asked.

"Well, obviously the girls have a thing with you for some reason, seems like as if they have a cru-"

Dash punched Flash in the face knocking him out. Seventeen minutes went by and Flash now has a black eye.

"Maybe you should keep that question to yourself," Shining suggested.

"No shit," Flash moaned.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Boy and girls!" A man spoke through the intercom, "The Carnival will be open in one minute. So get your tickets out and have the funniest day ever!"

"IT'S OPENING!" Pinkie cried out.

"This is going to be awesome," Spike said excited.

"Alright guys, make sure you have a buddy system," Twilight said.

"Prepare the countdown folks," the intercom continued, as they all began to count.

"FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE!"

The gate buzzed open while music was playing (Carnival Is Here by Ernestine Carballo)

"I! Love! This! Song!" Pinkie cred out, as she made a run for it along with her friends and crowds.

The crowd rushed in through the gates running over the coworkers handing them tickets. Everyone scattered the place heading to rides, food stands, and a music concert. Even entertainment with clowns and jugglers and a freakshow.

Spike, Pipsqueak, and Comet quickly got on the first roller coaster they saw. They got on as the bars raised down and off they went in an instance. They went through loops and tunnels. They got off and rushed to the bathrooms throwing up. Later they did it again.

Pinkie and Fluttershy went over to the cotton candy stand where Mr. Cake was selling. Fluttershy asked for one cotton candy. Mr. Cake nodded his head reaching for a cone. He notice that Pinkie had her head inside the cotton machine eating her way till it was empty. She lift her head back up licking every last bits of cotton stuck onto her face. Fluttershy laughed, but Mr. Cake wasn't amused. He only shook his head.

Twilight and Flash went onto a Ferris wheel having a relaxing time. They enjoyed the view. They came back down. They were about to kiss till suddenly, water struck them like a gun. Twilight and Flash was all soaked. The one who were responsible was Big Mac and Shining Armor playing a game in a stand. Their goal was to see who could fill the balloon and pop it first. But they were fighting causing them to shoot them. They looked at each other and walked away separately as fast as they could, pretending nothing happened.

Rarity, Sunset Shimmers, and Spike went into a photo booth. The first picture they took was them smiling regularly. The second was taking showing them making goofy faces. The third was Rarity and Sunset preparing to Kiss Spike on his cheeks each side. The next photo was took showing that Comet pushed Spike back and got a kiss from them. The girls were surprised. The last picture shows Rarity and Sunset Shimmers angrily punched on top of his head knocking him out. Spike awkwardly smiled.

Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Shining Armor went to the house of mirrors. They saw themselves in goofy shapes. Dash's head was huge and her body was slim and skinny. Applejack's head was normal, but her thighs were big and wide. Shining Armor saw himself in a squiggly line. He goes up and down seeing himself doing the worm in the mirror. Next to them was Derpy. The mirror she was looking made her look hot. Her eyes were lined up. Her eyelashes was shining, so was her eyes. Her hips were slim and her legs were perfectly long and sharp. Shining Armor blushed a bit. Derpy looked at them in her own real body. She walks out of the room and tripped.

Shining Armor looked at himself in the mirror where Derpy was looking. He was big and buffed out. He felt proud of himself and walked out. Applejack looked into the mirror. She was beautiful that her hair in the mirror was curled shining. She looked like Derpy in the mirror. She blew a kiss and winked herself and walked off. Rainbow Dash jump in front of the mirror wanted to see what she was like. Not surprised but disappointed that she looked the same in the mirror. There was no difference what so ever. She walked up to the mirror and punches it causing the glass to shatter.

The whole gang was together on the ground laughing and enjoying themselves. The crowd around them ignored them. They were too busy getting to ride on rides. Pinkie drew out silly strings and stringed her friends. Luckily Spike and his friends backed fired with silly string. Soon everyone around them including the folks joined in fighting off with silly strings, pies, and water guns. Twilight and Flash kissed during the fight. Rainbow and Applejack fought. And Spike had a lifetime here in World of Fun.

Later that day, the gang was sitting on a table eating their meals. They were already worn out.

"I want to come here again," Spike said.

"I want to come here every day," Pipsqueak said.

"Too… Much… Candy…" Pinkie was sick from the candy stand she devour.

"I told you that candy was bad for your health, Pinkie," Fluttershy said taking a sip of her drink through a straw.

"Well, the main thing is that we're having fun," Twilight said.

"And boy, are we having fun," Applejack said.

"That's music to our ears," a person said behind them. "Wouldn't you say, brother of mine?"

"The word 'Fun' just burst my heart beat," another man spoke. "Especially coming from this young lady."

Applejack turned to see her arch nemesis's in a flash. She gasped in shock dropping her jaw and eyes widen with fear. It was the Flim Flam brother's wearing white pants and blue and white stripe collar shirt with bowties. Flim has a pin button with a piece of apple a slice apple button on his shirt. Flam also has a pin button only it show a full apple missing a piece of a slice.

"Applejack," Flim said.

"It's good to see you again," Flam said, as they both teased her.

"I only came here because my friends insisted to go," Applejack back talked them.

"Honest as ever," Flim said.

"Too honest she can't lie," Flam said.

"Hey, wait a minute," Spike spoke. "Aren't you supposed to be salesmen?"

"Yeah, what's up with the theme park?" Dash asked.

"Just something to pull our lovely customers into our 'World of Fun' is all," Flim said.

"And you should try our new rides w installed here," Flam suggested.

"New rides?" Rarity asked.

"New rides!" Flim said.

"New rides?" Pipsqueak asked.

"New rides!" Flam said.

"New rides?" Fluttershy asked.

"TWO, new rides!" Flim and Flam cried out. They both held one finger up.

"Two new-"

"Can you just tell us what rides you're talkin' about?!" Applejack said, not wanting to hear them repeat again.

"Anxious are we?" Flim asekd, "Onto the main idea then."

"There are two new rides here at the carnival," Flam explained.

"One is a funhouse that the kids enjoy."

"And the other is a new rollercoaster that everyone wants to ride."

"What's the fun house?" Twilight asked.

"The fun house is a big house that every one of you could roam around," Flim said.

"But be aware that there will be surprises in every corner you take," Flam said.

"I'm curious about the rollercoaster, what exactly is so special about that ride?" Dash asked.

"You're wondering about… 'The Tunnels of Unknown'," Flam said.

"It's one of the fastest," Flim said.

"Thrilling."

"Unquestionable."

"Spectacular ride."

"That even you would think that you were somewhere else."

"The Tunnels of Unknown!" they both said naming the coaster.

"Sounds like fun," Shining Armor said.

"Yep," Mac said.

"I'll believe, when I experience it," Dash said, "Come on guys."

Dash, Shining, and Mac went off heading to the new roller coaster. The rest was thinking of going to the fun house. Except for Applejack.

"Okay, Flim Flam's, where's the fun house?" Comet spoke.

"If you follow us, we'll show you," Flim said.

"Unless, of course, your friend Applejack would like to go," Flam said.

"Of course I have to go," Applejack said grabbing Pinkie by the hand, "They're my friends. Wherever they go, I go."

"Then follow us!" Flim shouted.

The two brothers walked off being followed by Applejack and her friends. As for Dash, Shining, and Mac, they arrived at the new Rollercoaster. The ride was huge. It has a demon above the main entrance where the ride began. Its nostrils blew fire out of his nose. The title of the name seemed a bit scary to them.

"So this is 'The Tunnels of Unknown', huh?" Shining said.

"Looks actually fun, if you ask me," Mac said.

"Yeah, too bad it's an hour wait," Dash pointed to a sign at the starting line reading: One hour waiting line.

"An hour?" Mac said.

"This ride must be awesome," Shining said.

"But is it really worth the wait?" Dash asked.

"Yeah, you're right," Mac said, "An hour seems a waste of time."

People came out of the entrance wearing T-shirts from the ride saying the title and the logo. The faces on them was in shocked. Even their hair was messy.

"Dude, the way the wind took me felt like my skin was on fire, as if I was a ghost rider," Golden Delicious said, while gazing out to the open without blinking.

"Felt like my skin was melting," Noteworthy said, "You could feel my bones."

"I saw the dead," Shoeshine spoke coming out, "Dancing around me like no other."

Shining, Mac, and Dash saw them walked by. The look on their face was saying that they want to go on now.

"I think it's worth the wait," Shining said.

"So worth the wait," Dash said.

Applejack and the others followed Flim and Flam to a mansion right outside of the carnival. It was nice and fancy. The mansion was a three story house. The gang all looked at each other thinking it was a joke.

"You're kiddin', right?" Applejack asked.

"This doesn't even look fun at all," Flash said.

"I think it's my type of fun house," Rarity said pleasing the house.

"It may be fancy on the outside," Flim said.

"But once inside, you'll experience your wildest imaginations," Flam finished.

"Sounds like fun," Spike said.

"Let's do this!" Pinkie cried out.

"But once inside, you cannot come out," Flim said.

"Not until you reach the end," Flam said.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Twilight asked, "Let's go on one more ride and head home."

"One more ride sounds fair, if I ride one more coaster I can't feel my face anymore," Comet said.

Fluttershy and Pipsqueak looked at him strangely.

"What I meant to say was one more ride should do. As in I'm done for the day. You get what I mean?" Comet asked, while slapping his forehead.

The gang walks into the house. Inside was also fancy. Fancy paintings, fancy decorations, it was like they were in a billionaire house. Applejack took a moment looking around the area. She puts her hands on her hips taking one more look around.

"…This is it?" Applejack asked.

"You've got to be joking," Sunset said looking at a vase.

"How is this supposed to be fun?" Pinkie asked.

Comet was staring at a painting with a boat sailing through the sea. He glanced at it, examining it. Twilight noticed him staring at it. She decided to join in with him.

"What are you looking at?" Twilight asked.

"Is it just me or is the painting moving?" Comet asked back at her.

"What kind of question is that?" Twilight questioned him.

"Look closely," Comet pointed at the sea, "I could've sworn the water was moving."

In a hallway, Spike and Rarity were walking down seeing pictures of the carnival back in the days. Old photos with Flim and Flam as teens in the 1980's.

"Like to hear their back stories," Spike said.

Flash and Applejack was heading upstairs to the second floor. They wanted to explore the upper floor.

"Somethin' is up and I don't like it," Applejack said.

"Me too, this is supposed to be a fun house, not a fancy one," Flash said.

"And so far, there's nothin' fun about this place."

Back at where Twilight and Comet was at. They stared at the painting for a while now. Twilight notice a drip of water coming out of the painting. It dripped down to the floor clicking it. Comet and Twilight looked at each other and back at the painting. Without warning, water burst through the painting pushing back the two. They were soaking wet. Spike and Rarity heard the bursting water.

"What was that?" Rarity said.

"I don't know but it didn't sound good, come on," Spike said walking back to the entrance.

He kept walking but it seems he wasn't going anywhere.

"Spike," Rarity said standing next to him as he kept walking. "The floor is moving."

Spike looks down and noticed that the floor 'was' moving. Spike tried running, but the floor he was running on made him run in place. Soon Rarity felt the floor moving too. She was heading to the opposite direction. She gasps and ran with Spike. The floor jerked to the other direction making Rarity fall. Spike almost fell as he ran the other direction.

Applejack and Flash heard the accident too. Without noticing, the stairs turned to a slid. The two slipped and slid down the slide screaming. They were back to the first floor ramming into a wall. They notice Pinkie, Fluttershy, Sunset, and Pipsqueak screaming. Flash and Applejack quickly went to see what was happening. As they went to another room, fireworks went flying.

Pinkie was holding a flower filled with flowers exploding. She ran around with it as Fluttershy, Sunset, and Pipsqueak were dodging the explosions.

"Pinkie! Drop the flower pot!" Sunset cried out.

"I can't hear you over the flower pot I'm holding!" Pinkie shouted.

"What in tarnation!" Applejack cried out dodging the firework.

Twilight and Comet were still getting wet from the painting. They tripped and fell until it finally stopped. Comet got up spitting water out of his mouth. As for Spike and Rarity, they were still trying to get out of their own mess. Spike kept running sweating and Rarity was on the floor going back and forth crying.

"I don't want a house like this!" she cried.

Finally the floor stops moving. Spike dashed uncontrollably. He smacked against a wall making him stop and fell back. Rarity quickly ran up to him shaking him.

"Spike! Say something!" Rarity said.

Spike regain consciousness but was still dizzy after that impact. He points up to the ceiling smiling.

"Look, Rarity. I see stars; ringing to me," Spike said.

Back where Fluttershy, Sunset, Pinkie, and Pipsqueak were at. Pipsqueak took the flower pot from Pinkie and chunked it to a wall. The fireworks stops.

"I have enough of this house already," Pipsqueak said taking off.

"Pipsqueak!" Fluttershy cried out to him.

"Where are you going?" Sunset asked.

"I'm going home," Pipsqueak answered heading to the front door. "I'm done with this house."

Pipsqueak ran to the door ready to book it. He reached for the handle ready to get out. When he did, he smashed against the door. He fell back. Pipsqueak got back up and tried to grab the knob normally. To his surprise, the door was pained to the wall. It looked like a real door for a second from the distance. Not only the door, but the whole entrance was just a plain wall now.

"What's going on?" Pipsqueak asked.

"Didn't we come from there?" Flash asked rushing to the painted wall.

"Of course we did," Applejack said, "It's the only way we could've came in."

"Is everyone alright?" Twilight and Comet rushed to the others still wet.

"What happen to you two?" Sunset asked.

For Twilight and Comet, it was a silly answer.

"The painting… got us wet," Comet said.

The gang questioned Comet as they all look at Twilight. She nodded her agreeing with Comet. Spike and Rarity came by. Spike was finally back to normal.

"Anything happen to you guys?" Fluttershy asked.

"The floor moved," Spike answered.

"Really? Weird," Applejack said. "Because when we went upstairs, it turned into a slide."

"You guys get all the fun courses," Pinkie said upset. "All I got was firewoks coming out of a flower pot."

"I see you're having fun already," Flim said through an intercom.

"But there are more surprises waiting for you," Flam said.

"What's going on?" Applejack cried out.

"Hold your horses, Applejack," Flim said, "If you're trying to get out, go deeper into the house."

"While you venture through, have fun," Flam said, "This is a fun house after all."

The intercom turned off. The gang sighed.

"I get the feeling we don't have a choice," Sunset spoke.

"I'm afraid not," Twilight said.

"Well, let's look around then," Flash said, "I'm sure there's another exit somewhere."

They all went together and started their misadventure in the fun house. Back at where Shining, Mac, and Dash was at, they were halfway to the line. Another fifteen minutes and they could go on the ride.

"I can't wait any longer," Shining said.

"I know, the suspense is killing me," Dash said.

"Guys, we have a bit of a problem," Mac said crossing his legs.

"What is it?" Shining asked.

"I have to go to the bathroom," he answered.

"Really?" Dash said. "We're almost to the front line. Can't you hold it?"

"Well, I could try if- NOPE! Nope! I can't!" Mac said squirming.

"Hurry up and go! The bathroom is right over there. We'll save your spot," Shining said.

"Thank you!" Mac quickly jump over the rope rushing to the bathroom.

"If he doesn't come back, we're still riding the ride, right?" Dash asked.

"If he's mauled by a bear, we're still riding the ride," Shining said.

Later, Big Mac got out of the bathroom of relief. He walks over back to the line with his friends.

"Hey! You can't cut in line like that!" a man shouted.

"Oh, I'm not cutting sir," Mac said explaining. "I was just-"

"Yeah you were!" a woman shouted. "I saw you cutting in line too."

"Shining, a little help please?" Mac said.

"Don't worry, he's with us people," Shining said pointing at himself and Dash.

"Oh, now we have two more cutters!" another man shouted.

"No, sir! You misunderstood me," Shining said as folks around him and his friends was attacked.

Mac, Shining, and Dash tried to fight off till the police patrols came by.

"What's going on!" one of them asked.

"These three clowns were cutting in line!" a woman shouted.

"You three, come with us," the patrol said to them.

The three got out of the line following their commands. They tried to tell them what really happened but they ignored them. The crowd cheered seeing them taking to the station.

Back at the fun house. The gang entered a room. It was a room filled with simple six items: A robot, a comfy chair, a lamp, a picture, a generator, and a TV. There were three doors all the way at the back of the room. They all became curious at the items. Twilight walks up to the robot. Its eyes were blinking red. She notice a panel on its chest. She opens it seeing the robot was still working with gears and a gerbil running the machine. In his wheel.

"Cool," was all she could say.

Fluttershy went over to the comfy chair. But Comet beat her to it. He jumps in the air ready to sit in it, but he fell though the chair hitting hit butt hard on the floor board.

"Ow!" he cried out.

"Phantom chair! Phantom Chair!" Fluttershy cried out scared.

"It's okay, Fluttershy. Look," Twilight said swaying her hand through the chair. "It's a hologram."

"I don't care what it was, it hurt Comet," Fluttershy said helping Comet up.

"Hey, guys, check it out! There are doors over here," Spike cried out.

Three doors at the end of the room. But it didn't have any knobs on them.

"Well, guess we won't know what's behind the doors," Sunset said.

The room grew dark around them. The lights dimmed the room showing a bit of light. The gang notice Flim and Flam in the room with them laughing. Flim sat down on the holographic chair while Flam lean onto it resting his arm.

"My guess is they aren't really there," Pinkie said.

"Have you figured out yet?" Flim asked.

"You can't go through there until you answer this question," Flam said.

"Never push or never pull," Flim said.

"You're finish when your plate is full," Flam said.

"Exercise your force of will."

"You'll proceed by standing still."

"Good luck!" Flim and Flam said happily as they disappear.

The gang looked at each other clueless.

"Never push or never pull?" Applejack said.

"You're finish when your plate is full?" Rarity laughed, "How ridiculous, you're finished when your plate is EMPTY. And you always start with a salad fork."

"I don't know about you guys, but I've been opening doors my whole life," Pipsqueak said as he walks up to the door on the right.

He pounded on the door two times. Suddenly a trapdoor appeared below him and fell grabbing the edge hanging.

"Pipsqueak!" Twilight rushes over to him pulling him out. But as pulled in with him.

The trapdoor shut on them. The gang gasped as Spike and Flash hurried to the trapdoor.

"Twilight! Pipsqueak!" Flash cried out.

"What happened to them?" Spike said.

"Relax you guys," Applejack spoke calming them down, "If there's one thing I know about the Flim Flam Brothers, is that they don't hurt their customers."

"So now what?" Comet asked.

"It's a riddle!" Pinkie cried out, "What those two said was a riddle for us to figure out."

"Maybe our only way out of here?" Sunset asked.

"Over here!" Fluttershy cried out. In front of her was a giant plate, spoon, knife, and fork. "You're finished when your plate is full."

"I get it. Everyone! On the giant plate that we somehow miss," Flash said.

Everyone did what he said. They stood on the plate and waited.

"Now what?" Rarity asked.

"You proceed by standing still," Pinkie said continued.

"I get it!" Fluttershy said. "That's what it means by 'Force of will'. Now be still."

The gang stood absolutely still waiting for something to happen. The door in the middle made clicking sounds getting their attention. It open slowly heading upstairs.

"It worked," Sunset said happily.

"Great, now who's going to be the one to try it?" Applejack said.

"I'll go first, everyone get behind me," Flash said as they made their way up the stairs.

Back at the carnival. Shining, Mac, and Dash was sent back to the end of the line. They were upset.

"Great, now we have to wait another hour," Dash complained.

"I guess this ride is serious," Shining said.

"Yeah, the next person t cut in line will have to face me," Mac said.

Bulk cut in front of the three. He wore a white T-shirt with dumbbell on it seeming like it ripped through his shirt and black jeans. He was bigger than Shining and Mac.

"Hey! No cutting!" Mac shouted at him.

Bulk looks over at him glaring with his red eyes as blood veins popped out of his neck and forehead.

"She said it," Mac squeaked pointing at Dash blaming her.

Bulk looks back at the line popping his neck. Mac let out a sigh. Soon a kid showed up with his mother dressing up like a pirate. He pokes his sword at Shining's leg. He notice the boy.

"I'm a pirate!" the boy shouted.

"Yeah, you are," Shining played along, "A cool looking pirate too, now I appreciate it if you don't poke me or anyone else with that sword, okay?"

"I'm a pirate!" the boy kept poking him with the plastic sword.

Shining was getting annoyed by the child. He looked at the boy's mother talking on the phone.

"Excuse me, ma'am," Shining said to her getting her attention. "Is this your son?"

"Yes," she answered.

"Aren't you going to say something?"

"Yeah, he's just playing pirate, pal!" the woman talked back to him.

"Look, lady! I-"

"Shining, shut up!" Mac said to him, "You're going to send us back to the end of the line again."

"Yeah, we wouldn't want to be sent back, right over there," Dash said being sarcasm. She pointed to the end of the line 10 inches away.

"Look, let's just keep calm and get this ride over with," Mac said.

They proceed waiting, but Shining couldn't help himself but has the urge to beat the little kid as he continued to stab him with the sword.

Back at the fun house. The gang enter a long corridor filled with other doors leading to rooms. Flash walked up to a door grabbing the knob. Suddenly the door broke off and flew away.

"That's, uh… That's bizarre," Flash said pretending none of that happened.

Pinkie rushed to a door ready to open it.

"Ooo! What's in here?" Pinkie opened the door only revealing a huge semi-truck heading her way honking.

She quickly shut the door against her back in shock. She later gigged thought it was funny. Sunset, Rarity, and Applejack entered a room with only a chair and a phone booth.

"Kinda big for a phone booth," Applejack said.

The door behind them slammed shut. Sunset tried to open the door but was locked.

"We're trapped," she said.

They heard the chair squeaked. They turned to see that the wall was coming closer making the room smaller.

"Correction, Dearie, we'll be crushed," Rarity corrected her as her and the other two screamed.

Spike walked down the hall. The door broke straight down in front of him almost crushing him. Applejack fell out of the room along with Sunset and Rarity. They moaned in pain.

"What happened to you there?" Spike asked.

"Don't ask," Applejack said.

Comet walked up to a door and opens it. For some reason, Chrysalis was in front of him crossing her arms and tapping her foot giving him an evil glare. He quickly shuts the door and took off running. Later, Fluttershy tried a door that lead to a library. She and the group went in. In the room was filled with bookcases and a fireplace at the end of the hall. Flash and Pinkie went over to the bookcase looking through books.

"Twilight would've love this room," Flash said.

"Check this place out," Comet said looking around. He then notice a lever. "Hey, look. A lever."

Comet grabs the handle and pulls it.

"Comet!" Applejack cried out to him thinking it was a stupid move – which it was.

The lever activate a bookcase where Flash and Pinkie was at. It span around taking Flash and Pinkie to another room. The gang all glanced at Comet giving him the dirty look. Comet got his poker face on.

"Nobody touch anything," Applejack said, "Not till we find an exit or a clue."

"Is there a clue that says: Go home?" Fluttershy asked.

"Maybe I'll just put the lever back," Comet pulled the again back where it was.

He this time activated something else. Mirrors came out of the floor tiles smoothly. When the mirrors reached to the ceiling, they could see their own reflections all around.

"Which part of 'Don't touch anything' didn't you understand?" Sunset asked Comet crossing her arms.

"Is this a maze?" Spike asked.

"It's a hall of mirrors," Rarity said.

Flim and Flam appeared in the mirrors in every corner laughing. Fluttershy was spooked and hid behind Applejack.

"Alrighty, Flim and Flam, what's all this then?" Applejack asked.

"Just another game to play," Flim said.

"And here's your next riddle to solve," Flam said.

"It's not hard to understand," Flim began the riddle.

"Find the door with your left hand," Flam said as they disappeared.

"They couldn't made it easier to understand?" Sunset asked.

"It's not hard to understand guys," Comet said, "I remember that I went to a hedge maze with a friend, and there's a trick of getting out."

"Let me guess; hedge clippers?" Spike said.

"You just start walking with your left hand touching the wall to the left," Comet explained.

"What good would that do?" Applejack asked.

"Well, it may take us through the whole maze, but if you don't lift your hand off the wall, eventually we'll find a way out."

"Well, worth a shot," Rarity said, "This house can't be that big."

They walked into through the hall of mirrors putting their left hand on the left wall. Back at Shining, Mac, and Dash, they were halfway there in the line.

"Almost there, you guys," Dash said.

"I can feel my heart racing," Shining said.

A man in a beaver suit came by greeting the kids. The kids cheered for him. He wore a helmet and a blue vest and a utility belt around his waist with a hammer, a screwdriver, and a wrench.

"Check it out, it's Bucky the Safety Beaver," Big Mac points out.

"I know Bucky, he's in a kids show talking about safety," Shining said.

"What gave that away?" Dash asked.

Bucky came closer to the line from behind. The boy behind Shining grabs ahold of his tail and pulls it off. Bucky felt a jerk behind him and felt he was missing a tail. Shining notice the boy with the tail.

"Hey, kid, you can't do that to Bucky!" Shining said to the boy taking the tail from him.

"Hey, pal! You think taking my tail is funny?" Bucky said to Shining seeing his tail in his hand.

"What? No, I was just-"

"What I took your tail, how funny would that be for you?" Bucky messed around with Shining from behind.

"Hey, man! What's your problem?" Shining punched Bucky in the face.

The two began to fight. They scrapped on the dirt floor punching and kicking each other.

"Mommy! That man is beating Bucky!" the boy cried out. The one who pulled his tail.

"Shining, come on now!" Mac tried to stop the fight.

Bucky threw a punch at him which cause Mac to join in. Police came stopping the fight. Shining and Mac struggled crying out for help.

"Dash! Rainbow Dash!" Shining Armor cried out.

"Do something! Tell them we didn't start it!" Mac pleaded.

"You know these two?" the police asked Dash.

"…Never seen them in my life," Rainbow Dash took a moment to think.

"Rainbow Dash!" Shining and Mac both shouted at her.

They were pulled away from the line heading to the back again. They moaned when they saw the sign again. One hour wait it said. They cried as they first saw it.

"Now we have to wait for another hour," Mac said.

"Don't worry, Big Mac," Shining Armor said to him. "Rainbow Dash just texted me, saying she'll wait for us at the beginning of the line."

"Let's just wait it out, don't get into trouble, wait for another hour, and then enjoy the ride," Mac said.

Soon, five kids rushed over to the line behind them fighting and shouting while the parents tried to calm them down. Shining and Mac looked at each other and focus on not losing it. Back in the fun house, the remaining friends finally found a way out of the maze leading them to another room. The room was empty. All there is left was another door.

"Told ya we find a way out," Comet said.

"Nice going, Comet," Spike said.

"Now can we please get out of here and rescue our friends," Applejack said.

"That room has to lead somewhere," Sunset points to the door across from them.

They walked over to the door. Applejack was about to grab the doorknob, but suddenly it shift over to the other wall. Their eyes were glued to the door surprised. Fluttershy rubs her eyes seeing if she imagined it. They all ran to the door and again it shifted to another wall. They could hear Flim and Flam laughing echoing the room.

"At least someone is enjoying this," Rarity said not happy.

"Now what are we going to do?" Spike asked.

"The walls will keep moving every time we reach to the door," Sunset said.

"I got an idea," Fluttershy said, "We could stop the walls from moving if we spread out in a circle."

"That could actually work," Applejack said.

They got into a circle and backed away slowly. Rarity was already hallway to the door.

"I think it's working," Rarity said.

"This almost reminds me of an episode in The Twilight Zone," Applejack said.

"What?" Comet questioned her.

Rarity touch the doorknob. When she did, the room went dark. Flim and Flam appeared in a spotlight in the middle of the room.

"Congratulations!" Flim shook Applejack's hand.

"You made it to the final round!" Flam said throwing confetti in the air.

"You are the first ones who ever beating our little game," Flim said.

"No one had ever made it this far, but it's not over yet," Flam said.

"Okay, wise guys, what's going on?" Applejack asked.

"A simple game when someone gave up the game, they knew that we were champions from the start," Flim said.

"So this is like a cheesy game then, huh?" Spike asked.

"The riddles you have answered so far may have helped you," Flim said.

"But that never help you beat us yet," Flam said.

"So how do we beat you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Play your brains against ours," Flim said.

"Well, that does it, game over," Comet said worried.

"Easy, Comet, I'm sure we'll figure their riddles," Applejack comfort him.

"What do we get if we win?" Spike asked.

"You get a victory," Flim said.

"And your friends backs," Flam said.

"So who's up for to the challenge!" they both cried out as color spotlights came on running around the place.

A game show music came on and crowd from a recorder cheered for the team.

"Get one answer right, and you'll earn your victory," Flam said.

"How about you, Sunset Shimmers?" Flim pushed her in the middle of the room.

"We'll start with an easy one," Flam said.

"What is it that the more you take away from it, the bigger it gets?" Flim asked as the game show timer music came on.

"I know this one!" Comet said.

"No helping!" Flam shouted at him pushing him out of the picture.

"We need an answer," Flim pressured Sunset.

"I got it! A restaurant," Sunset answered. "The more you take out."

"Way too complicated and wrong," Flim said as a buzzer gone off.

"The answer is… A hole!" Flam cried out the answer.

A trapdoor appeared below Sunset. She fell through it screaming. It shut closed, they could still hear here scream.

"Oh man, I read that one from the bottom of a gum wrapper," Spike said.

Comet walked slowly back knowing he was next. Flim stopped him and pushed him in the middle of the room.

"How about you, young man?" Flim asked, "You look like the type of guy who would do anything to help your friends."

"Yeah, but I'm in no rush," Comet tried to get out of this mess.

"But we are," Flim and Flam said.

"We'll even let Rarity help you on this one," Flam said.

"Come on, Comet, we've gotten this far together," Rarity said standing next to him.

"Thanks, Rarity," Comet said relieved, "We're ready."

"Here's your next riddle," Flam began, "What is it you can feel outside, hear inside, but only see when it's filled with dust?"

"Feel outside and hear inside," Comet repeated the question trying to figure out what the answer is.

"And never see it unless it's dusty," Rarity thought about it.

"Time is running out," Flim said.

Comet and Rarity mumbled to each other trying to figure out the riddle. They whispered and talked for a while till time ran out.

"TIME!" Flam said. "Tell us your answer."

Comet and Rarity both gulp, hoping that one of their answer was right.

"Mothballs?" Comet answered.

"A dust mop?" Rarity guesses.

"Oh, those are very good answers, but wrong," Flim said. "The answer is… The wind!"

And just by saying the word, a gust of wind blew around the room. Rarity and Comet was pulled against the wind and flew off up into the ceiling. Another trapdoor appeared on the ceiling sending them straight into it. Spike, Applejack, and Fluttershy were all that''s left. The wind continued to blow around them. The walls in the room came apart by the force of wind. Lights above them shattered falling on top of them.

"Let me go! I don't want to be left alone!" Fluttershy cried out scared.

"Wait! I think the answers are also the traps," Spike said.

"That's comfortin', Spike. That is real comfortin'," Applejack said, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, Flim and Flam, it's my turn," Spike said proudly.

"Spike, you sure?" Fluttershy said hoping he wouldn't go next.

"Come on, Fluttershy, I skipped three grades. I'm pretty sure I can figure this out," Spike said with confidence.

"Oh, well in that case, here's a tough one!" Flim said as the wind grew louder, "What cost nothing, but is worth everything."

"Weighs nothing, but last a lifetime!" Flam cried out.

"That one person can't own!"

"But two people can share!"

"That is a tough one," Spike said as he began to think repeating the riddle. "Cost nothing, but is worth everything."

"Ten seconds!" Flim shouted.

"Weighs Nothing! But last a lifetime!" Spike shouted back trying to focus on the riddle.

Lightning strikes as the wind grew even more loudly.

"Five seconds!" Flam shouted at him.

"That one person can't own! But two can share!" Spike tried to think of an answer as fast as he can.

"Times up!" Flim and Flam shouted.

"Spike, please don't leave me!" Fluttershy begged crying.

Fluttershy hugged him hoping they wouldn't take him. But that gave him the answer he was looking for.

"Fluttershy! That's it! I know the answer!" Spike said happily.

"Say it now!" Flim said.

"Or say goodbye!" Flam said.

"The answer is… Friendship!" Spike shout out loud.

The wind suddenly stopped around them. The room went quiet and black. Flim and Flam stood there with their jaws dropped. Spike, Applejack, and Fluttershy stayed quiet, waiting for what happens next.

"…Lucky guess," Flim finally spoke.

"What?!" Applejack cried out.

"It wasn't luck," Spike spoke. "It was Fluttershy who-"

"This isn't fun anymore," Flam disrupted him.

"You were supposed to get the wrong answer," Flim said.

"Now hold on! You tellin' me that this doesn't count," Applejack said.

"We didn't realize that this kid would get the right answer," Flim said.

"Sore-losers," Spike said.

"Anyways, I guess you did fair and square," Flam said.

"We'll show you the way out and bring your friends," Flim said.

"Thank you, Applejack was wrong about you two," Fluttershy said as the brothers got curious, "You aren't rude or mean like she said, you just wanted someone to play with is all. It does get a little lonely when you two are busy with the business."

"Fluttershy, I don't think that-," Applejack was about to say something, but it was too late.

"That's sounds about right," Flim said.

"You're the only one who cares," Flam said to her.

"Why do I even bother," Applejack said walking off.

Later that day when the sun was going down, the gang was back together again. They were now waiting for Shining, Mac, and Dash.

"That's the last time I enter a funhouse," Pipsqueak said.

"You and me both," Flash said.

"Well, at least we had fun today," Rarity said.

"Where's Shining?" Spike asked.

"Yeah, and Big Mac and Rainbow Dash," Applejack said.

Shining, Mac, and Dash walked up to them wearing their 'Tunnels of Unknown' T-shirts. Their face was in shocked. Their jaws were dropped and spacing out.

"Oh," Shining said.

"My," Mac said.

"God," Dash finished the sentence.

"We've just experience the unknown to mankind," Shining said.

"We've journeyed through time and space," Mac said.

"Like riding a tiger on its back through a tornado," Dash said.

"Sounds like you three had fun with your time," Twilight said.

"It was worth the wait," Mac said.

"So did you guys day? Was the funhouse fun?" Dash asked.

The group mumbled trying to put in a way that wasn't fun at all.

"Well, at least everyone had fun – for the most of us anyway," Twilight said.

"Hey, Shining, I just realized something though when we first got here," Sunset spoke. "Where's Cadence? I thought she was coming."

"Oh my God!" Shining cried out.

Back at Twilight's house, Cadence was in the living room sitting on the couch furiously. She was waiting for Shining to pick her up.

"We're going to have a long talk when he gets back home," she said to herself.