• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 2,700 Views, 107 Comments

The Pony of the Jacket - MaskofLimbo



Has a new pony in Ponyville, a pony who always wears the same brown varsity jacket and is very quiet, and Pinkie will try to be his friend.

  • ...
9
 107
 2,700

Involved

5th June, 12:42 Equestria - Ponyville

"And that's what happened with Pinkie" Twilight finishes explaining to Cadance and a grey mare with dark mane, who was reading a newspaper, what happened this last days, as they were on a tea house "After this, she won't come out of her room, doesn't matter what" She proceeds to take a sip of her tea.

"I see" Her sister-in-law said and sigh "Poor girl"

"Agreed" The grey mare said with frown "I'm sorry, Twilight"

"Me and the others are doing what we can to cheer her up, but it’s not east" Twilight makes a pause to sigh "Now, changing the subject, it's very nice that you two could come to visit" She said with a small smile.

"Well, the idea visiting you wasn't mine, actually” Cadance says “I still fear a Rucheling attack, but Shiny insisted that I came here to relax from this stress" She takes a sip from her tea before continuing "And since I was coming, I decided to invite Chrysy too"

"Shh, don't spoil my disguised!" The grey mare loud whispers, playfully with a small smile and starts reading the newspaper on the table.

"Ops" Cadance chuckles and then looks at Twilight "In any case, it's good to pass time in such peaceful place"

"Not so peaceful, actually" Chrysalis suddenly said with disgusted look.

"What's the problem?" Twilight asks and Chrysalis puts the newspaper on the center of the table, so that she and Cadance could see, and points to where she was looking. A picture of a fat dead Pony, that was covered with a blanket “Oh my… wait” By the side was the picture of the dead Pony, drinking by the side of other Ponies, and Twilight recognized him “He was one in that Anti-Changeling March. The one that made all the protestants start beating up those poor Changelings.

“Oh my” Cadance said and start reading from a random point ""... and not just Ruchelings were dead at the spa yesterday, but also a Pony that happens to be part of the Killer Beasts""

“I admit, I’m not surprised that he is aprt of them” Twilight commented before continuing the reading ""The stallion's name is Snake Eyes and the prove of his connection with the Killer Beast are the security camera footage from the spa, showing him entering the establishment using a snake mask (that wasn’t found anywhere) and killing some Ruchelings present. He was killed after being incapacitated and dragged to a room, where he received shot in the head..." Godnesses" Cadance finishes reading and closes the newspaper "Karma is a terrible mistress. "And to think we also have to deal with that problem with Lebe..."

"Cadance!" Chrysalis suddenly said, stopping her mid-sentence.

"A problem with Lebedev?" Twilight asks worry "What happened? Did he do something?" The queen and the princess look at each other, with a worry look in their faces.

"Maybe we should tell her" Cadance suggested to Chrysalis.

"Celestia told us to not involve her in the middle of this!" Chrysalis answered back serious.

"In the middle of what?" Twilight ask "Seriously, you two are worrying me"

After receiving a look from Cadance, Chrysalis sigh and start talking "Celestia told us some days ago that she received a letter from someone" She said

"Ivan Lebedev" Twilight said.

"Correct" Chrysalis answer.

"And what did he wanted? What was the letter about?" She ask "A warning about a attack? A threat?"

"Actually, it was the very opposite" Cadance said, making Twilight confuse "It was a request of a peace treat"

"And what this have to do with not involving me?" Twilight asks.

"Celestia is seriously considering accepting his request and to make the peace treaty official

is necessary a signature of all the Princesses" Cadance explained "She actually just need 2 more Princess, and they would be her sister and me. But, since I’m having problems with Ruchelings back in the Crystal Empire, she is considering asking you if I aren’t available”

"And why she didn't said anything to me? This is important!" Twilight said in disbelieve.

"It's because she don't want to involve you into this madness!" Chrysalis answered "Look, you can be the one who confronted Nightmare Moon and transformed her back in princess Luna. You can be the one who confronted the God of Chaos itself..."

"Who is now a good guy" Discord said as he suddenly appeared, but quickly disappeared in a small explosion of popcorn, leaving three confused mares

"Riiight" Chrysalis said, returning to the matter in hoof "Anyway, you can be the one who did all of this and more, but this is a whole new level, Twilight. She is afraid of making you a target to the Ruchelings, or even this Killer Beasts!"

"None of us want to see you in danger, Twi" Cadance said worry.

Twilight thinks of everything she just heard. Quickly processing everything and making her decision "Thanks for worrying about me, but this is a decision that I need to make myself" She answered "And since Celestia helped me a lot in the past, I will help her now!"

"Twilight, please..."

"Cadance" Twilight stop her step-sister "I know the danger of this, and I know the kind of risk I’m running with this decision, but personally, I don’t care” She smile “I will stand by her side, just like she stand by mine all this years”

Cadance didn't like this, but knowing Twilight, she won't be able to change her mind She never change She think to herself with a smile "Ok then, I let her now you will take my please. But, please, be careful”

"I will" Twilight said and look at a clock on the wall "Oh, I need to go. I ordered a spell book from Canterlot and they said it would arrive around 12:50 and 13:00”

"Ok, we are going to stay here a little more" Cadance said "Until next time, Twily"

"Later, Sparkle" Chrysalis said with a wave as Twilight leaved.

As she troat home, she pass by Sugarcube Corner and look at the place worry Pinkie She thinks about her friend in sadness, and so returns to make her way home "Please, recover soon"

Author's Note:

Another one rewritted. Yaaay \( 'w' )/