• Published 29th Nov 2014
  • 397 Views, 3 Comments

The Beginning - DeadlyPegasister



Penned Hearts is just a normal filly... or is she? Once all of Equestria goes missing, Peni and her best friends head to the castle of the two sisters to find some information.

  • ...
 3
 397

You're a WHAT?!

Once we all got to the once-broken-castle-turned-library, Shining Armor had calmed down quite a lot. His breathing had slowed to a normal rate and such. I was still way worried for him, but I knew he was better. He began asking about us.

"So you're an artist? How does that work for you?" Shining asked me.

"It's like how any other earth pony uses a writing utensil. But I use it to draw," I replied.

"I should have known, but I wasn't thinking, and... yeah. And finally, the only mare I have-" Shining stopped mid-sentence, staring at Spirals. "Eh-I... I-I don't... I don't u-understand... D-Don't you live in Canterlot, with the Princesses? W-With you're mom, Celestia?" I was terrified; Spirals' mom wasn't Celestia...

Spirals looked mortified, and whispered, "How... did you know that... Celestia...?" Her sentence died off, already quite. She sighed, and said, "I guess I can't hide this any longer. Yes, my... REAL... mother, is Princess Celestia. I am a pure-blood alicorn."

"You're a WHAT?! That-Th-that can't be... Y-you're magic isn't as strong..." I stammered profusely, still in complete confusion. I didn't know how this could have happened. I'd known Spirals all my life, except... "Kindergarten..." I whispered. That was the only time I hadn't known Spirals.

"Yeah, kindergarten. That was when mother decided it would be a good idea for me to grow up under different parents, in a different town, at a different school, even with a different name!" Spirals was just pouring out information like a bucket that was finally overturned after huge rains. "I haven't remembered my old name in years, so don't ask. I lost my memory once, when I was little. I tried to fly, but couldn't and ended up landing on my head. I got amnesia, but the only thing I forgot was my name." I still couldn't believe what I was hearing. even after that whole explanation, it was hard to understand.

"So, you've been an entirely different pony than the one we know now?" Josie asked, looking far-fetched.

"Yeah," Spirals replied, "pretty much. After this whole ordeal, and once we find everypony, I'll go to Celestia and see if she still remembers me. If she does, she should still know my name."

Shining looked pretty confused though. "But, even if your pure-blooded alicorn, why did you age like a normal pony?"

"Did Cadance never tell you?" Spirals asked, "Even pure-blood alicorns, like me or my mom, still age at a normal rate. We... we just live a lot longer than normal ponies. And that means..." Spirals began to sob, "...that means I'll outli-*hic* outlive my frie-friends..."

"Come on, don't feel that way," I said, trying to cheer her up. "You may live longer than us, but that doesn't mean you can't still be our friend! You'll become best friends with the next generation of elements, you'll see our foals grow, and you'll raise a beautiful family of your own as well! Spirals, you are always gonna be our friend, so don't ever doubt that." Spirals had stopped sobbing, but still had streams of tears running down her face.

"Thanks Peni. But I will be so devastated when I outlive you guys, and then outlive your foals." She still seemed sad, but wiped the tears away, and put on a confident smile. "But you're right. And right now, we need to find information on strange disappearances of the entire Equestrian population!"

Author's Note:

Dear Readers,
This chapter may be completely changed if the official owner of Spirals doesn't want to be the daughter of Celestia and a pure-blooded alicorn. That is her decision, not mine, and I need to ask her. But for now, this is going to be the chapter. Expect some new chapters very soon with major feedback.
Sincerely yours,
Penned 'Peni' Hearts