• Published 1st Nov 2011
  • 1,170 Views, 5 Comments

The Amnimorphic Spell - Jrakob



The history of it's use and why this spell is so important to Equestian history.

  • ...
 5
 1,170

Chapter 1

The Amnimophic spell is a complex spell that (in the simplest of terms)allows the user to keep track of multiple experiments at one time via self writing scrolls and by sending those reports to the caster during predetermined "activators" created when the spell was cast.
Invented by Starswirl the bearded nearly three hundred years ago during the end of the Griffin wars and was not fully integrated as a standard spell into the scientific pursuits until the signing of the Alicorn peace agreement of 763 thirty five years later.

During the height of it's use in 814, and the time leading up to that; many ponies lost jobs, many well trained scientist who had spent most of there livelihood studying and training to work in labs had found that the jobs they thought would be waiting for them when they finished there schooling had disappeared, still others who would have otherwise worked as laborers for those scholars lost there jobs as well, with no need for sample handlers or even writers the Equestrian market took a nose dive.
This inevitably led up to labor disputes between Scientist who used the spell and the workers that claimed it was unfair to use.

It is ironic that the same spell that caused millions of ponies to lose there jobs and still others to work in fields far below there schooling would inevitably create many more jobs just twelve years later than before it's creation nearly fifty years before.
Starswirl was once asked if he regretted creating the amnimophic spell, he was quoted as saying "technological and magical advancements can not and should not be stopped on the basis of money and the pursuit of work, but rather used to create a better world to work in".

Starswirl's words would ring true when through the use of his spell a new compound was discovered that cured Cushing's Disease(a).
Now millions of jobs for workers and scholars alike where created practically over night.
Thousands of work hooves where needed to pack and ship the new vaccine as well as scientist to work in labs to create the vaccine, which inevitably meant that more labs had to be built, which created even more jobs for builders and craftquines.


Before the invention of the amnimophic spell Many experiments could only be theorized as to what the results would be, there was no accurate way (for example) to take test of how rapidly the morphing proses of flesh to stone from the stare of a cockatrice without seriously endangering any scientist or workers in the vicinity, scientist could only make observations from safety, even then the data gathered differed greatly from pony to pony depending on the pony observing.
Still other experiments required the organization of thousands to calculate the migration of birds, but because one pony may have a diferant perception of how fast the migration was, or even what the precise direction flocks of birds where flying data could only be "ball parked" at best and completely wrong at it's worse.

It was in 767 when Starswirl realized the full implications of the amnimophic spell, he realized that a scientist in Stalliongrad could measure sunspots and receive data that could later be compared to results received by a scientist in the Fillypines and find that they where exactly the same.
Because of Starswirl's invention Data gathered by one scientist need not differ from another doing the same experiment, Starswirl was once quoted as saying "it may be possible to to lie using magic but spells never guess".

Comments ( 5 )

Huh... interesting spell I guess :derpytongue2:

Sounds like a history book to me. Quite interesting history book, but still a history book.

Thank you. I was going for that kind of a feel when I wrote it.:twistnerd:

Cushings disease?

228565 A horrible sickness that effects a few diferant animals but Equines mostly.
Just google it if you want the specifics.

Login or register to comment