• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 14,156 Views, 248 Comments

Alone in Equestria - Kerberos



Anon ends up in Equestria and lives a happy life... until he realized that he wasn't really all that happy.

  • ...
103
 248
 14,156

Hope Restored

Pinkie POV

It was almost time for Anon's party. You noticed how he was feeling a bit down lately, so you decided to throw him a party to cheer him up. And of course you wanted to make sure he wasn't late.

He didn't leave his house much, so that is where you went to look for him. However, when you arrived at his house, his door was wide open. That was strange, he usually kept it shut. Walking over, you stepped on something. Looking down, you saw that you stepped on your invitation.

Oh good, he read it. You bounced up to the open door and looked inside.

"Oh Nooooonnnyyyyyy~" Silence was your only answer. "Nonny?" You walked in his house and looked around. Some cabinet doors were left opened, displaying their emptiness. The place looked overall, emptier. The last room you checked was his room.

"Anon?" He wasn't there. Once again, there were some open, empty drawers. Where could he be? He rarely left his house. You didn't see him anywhere in Ponyville. Then it hit you: the empty drawers, the open room, the lack of a human.

He's gone!

You ran as fast as Pinkiely possible back to Sugarcube corner. Slamming the doors open, you pretty much made everypony jump out of their coats. Twilight was the first one to recover.

"Pinkie what's wrong?" Your eyes darted around the room, still trying to cope with the situation.

"He's gone!" Large gasps filled the room.

"What do you mean gone?" Twilight was trying to get a grasp on your bad news.

"Gone! Absent! Not there!"

"Where did he go?" Tears were starting to fill your eyes.

"I d-don't know" You feel Cheese put his leg around you. Pulling yourself into his grasp, you melt into his shoulder. You can't believe he would just leave without saying goodbye. All the ponies put on somber faces. This was the worst party ever.

"Well I'm not about to stand by and let this happen! I'm going to look for him." Rainbow flew out of the store, followed by Soarin.

What did you do to drive him away? He may have lost his job, but he still had friends that cared about him.

So why did he leave?


The search for Anon went from hours, to days, to weeks. Rainbow ran herself ragged trying to find him. Being the Element of Loyalty, she took it harder than most. She kept beating herself up saying that she should have done something quicker or should have been there more for him. You were happy Soarin was there to help her.

The rest of you took it hard as well. Twilight became a bit more shut in. Applejack busied herself on the farm. Fluttershy was now taking care of more and more animals. Rarity consumed herself with fashion. And you were busy trying to make everypony smile again.

You knew it was a losing battle, but you knew you had to do it. Cheese made sure to help you by bringing a smile to your face. It was always nice to know you had a special somepony. In fact, all your friends were happy that they found one.

Well, almost all of your friends. Maybe that was why he left. Maybe he didn't feel loved.


It had been years since you last saw him. Starlight was starting her third year of school. But Twilight wasn't the only one to have a child. Rainbow and Soarin had one filly and one colt: Glider and Blitz. Applejack and Trenderhoof had a filly: Autumn Apple. Rarity and Fancy had a filly named Flawless. You even had a little colt yourself named Bubblegum.

Fluttershy had a rough time when it came to children. She and Big Mac tried to have kids on multiple occasions. When that didn't work, they went to see a doctor. You could still see the look on their faces when they came out.

It was cruel irony. The one out of your group that was most ready to be a mother, was the one that couldn't be one. You made sure to give them some hope by bringing them an adoption pamphlet. The smile on their faces assured you that you did the right thing.

They sent a letter to the agency in Fillydelphia asking for permission to adopt. So, the agency sent a representative to see if they would be suitable parents.

She gave your friends the green light to adopt. But that wasn't the only news you heard. The representative was inside Sugarcube Corner, talking with some pony about metal work.

"Yeah, I needed some repairs done to the bed frames for the little guys and you wouldn't believe who came over."

"Who?"

"It was- Oh thank you dear." You sat down a tray and refilled their drinks. Taking their empty plates, you walk back to the kitchen.

"It was some ape like creature named Anonymous." You dropped your tray, letting the plates smash on the ground. All the ponies jumped at the noise, and you ran back to the table.

"Who!?" The pony cowered a little.

"A-Anonymous."

"Where!?" You felt terrible about making a pony feel bad, but this was somthing you had to know.

"I-I'm sorry, but I need to know." When the pony recovered, she told you everything she knew. Apparently he ran away to Fillydelphia and works in a blacksmith's shop. Once she finished her tale, you thanked the pony and ran off to spread the news.

You found him.


When the other ponies heard the news, they were almost jumping with joy. Rainbow suggested to jump on the train and go kick his flank. All of you at least agreed to the train part.

Once you bought the tickets, your husbands opted to watch the kids while you were gone. This was an affair for just you six.

The train ride wasn't that long. Fillydelphia is only a few hours away. Once you got off the train, all of you looked around for a blacksmith shop. There was at least a whole section of the city dedicated to all the different kind of smiths. It was a bit intimidating seeing how large the section was, but you have come too far to quit now.

You asked many smiths if they have seen a human. At first, they had no clue what a human was. Once you explained what a human looked like, they directed you further and further down the streets.

All of you ended up towards the edge of the city, looking at a shop. Well, it looked more like a shack than a shop. Twilight was the one who walked up and pushed the door open. When you looked inside you saw your old friend.

Or, what was left of him.

Standing over an anvil, hammer held high, was a one legged human. His face was covered in hair and his clothes were torn and worn down. Most importantly of all, he was missing a leg. In its place was a wooden prosthetic.

"I'm busy today. Come back tomorrow." His voice sounded deeper and... empty.

"A-Anon... It's us." He stopped his hammering and looked at your group. Maybe you could get him to come back and get his life back.

"Go home." He turned back to his work. You and your friend's jaws dropped to the floor. You came all this way to take him back... and he just told you to leave.

"W-what do you mean?" Twilight asked him what you were all thinking. He sighed and stuck the metal in some water.

"Exactly what I said. Go home." Rainbow stomped her hoof.

"Not without you we won't!" Anon's empty face turned into a frown.

"Yes you are." He turned around and tried to walk into a different “room”, only to be stopped by Twilight. She lit up her horn in case he tried to run… on his one leg.

"Please at least tell us why" Not seeing a way out, he slumped his shoulders.

"I couldn't stand it."

"Couldn't stand what?" You built up the courage to say something.

"Watching other people's happiness and failing in my own." Twilight's magic stopped and you lowered your gaze.

"What do you mean 'failed happiness'? Weren't we enough!?" All of you looked over to Rainbow. She was taking it as a personal attack. That is when Anon turned around and looked straight in her eyes.

"Tell me. How do you feel with Soarin?"

“What?” Rainbow, along with the rest of you, raised an eyebrow. Out of nowhere, Anon kicked over the anvil he was working on.

“TELL ME!” Anon shouted right into her face. Rainbow all but turned white at the outburst.

"I-I feel h-h-happy and l-loved." You could agree with her, feeling the same for Cheese.

"Now how do you feel around your friends." Anon eased off her.

"I feel happy and loved." Rainbow slowly gained some courage. She did make a good point though. Anon, however, brought a hand to his face.

"But it's different. Isn't it?" She couldn't come up with any more arguments, so she nodded. "Now imagine having to watch everyone you know find that love that you would never get in return. How would that feel?" Rainbow scuffed her hoof on the ground, not meeting his gaze. "How would it feel to watch others talk about finding their perfect match, raising a family, and living their lives to the fullest, while you are still stuck without anyone to hold you close and love you more than anything in the world?"

You couldn't meet him in the eyes either. Your whole life you have been making ponies smile, but you never once thought how showing happiness could be a bad thing.

"Didn't think so. So please, just go home." He walked into the other room, if you could call it that. The only separation was a thin curtain. You and your friends slowly turned around and headed for a hotel. It was too late to get a train back to Ponyville. Applejack found a nice place to stay near the tracks. The whole walk back was in silence. Never in your life would you have thought smiling could make people frown. It just wasn’t right, and you didn’t know what to do.

When you arrived at the hotel, Twilight paid for a room big enough to accommodate all of you. You walked to your room and sat down on the floor. Once you all found a spot, Fluttershy spoke up.

"Is it our fault?" All of you looked at her. "Is it our fault that he was driven away." Rarity gave her a supporting hug.

"It's nopony's fault dear. He just couldn't handle what he already had."

"Then why did he leave?" Your attention went to Twilight. "If friendship is supposed to be everything we need, why are we all married?" Rarity didn't have any argument. "I can't help but feel like we neglected him for so long. We all moved on with our lives, but he was stuck in his place. I heard he was shot down from multiple mares, but I didn't think they all would turn him down."

"Wait just a second. Ya KNEW he was goin through this?" Twilight nodded at Applejacks accusation. "Why didn't ya say anythin!?" Twilight recoiled a bit.

"I didn't think this would happen. I just got caught up with Flash and..."

"It's not your fault Twilight. We all should have seen the signs: the drinking, the lack of getting out, his face when we would tell him about our husbands. But we didn't, we ignored it and thought friendship would be enough. Now look at him. He is worse than ever: poor, lonely, and crippled." You gave your two cents. The rest of the mares lowered their heads. "I just want everypony to be happy." All of you fell silent until Dash spoke up.

"So what do we do now?" You looked to Twilight. She would know what to do. She always knew what to do.

"I... don't know girls. He won't go back on his own, or with us. I don't want to put him through any more pain, but he won't last long living in the condition he is."

"What if we found him a mare?" Twilight shook her head at Rarity.

"I don't know about any of you, but I don't know any single mares."

"I think I may know one." Rarity levitated a flier that was sitting on the nightstand over to Twilight. Once Twilight took it in her own magic, she slammed it down.

"No! Absolutely not! I wouldn't do that to anypony, let alone Anon."

"Twilight, what choice do we have? I don't want to see him living that way any more than you do." Twilight looked back down at the flier.

"But her? I don't think she would be a good match for him. She would probably push him away more than ever." Rarity walked over and sat by Twilight.

"Do you want to be the pony that does nothing and loses him or the pony that tried everything she could to save her friend?" Twilight gave a sigh of defeat.

"I guess not." Rarity hugged her close.

"Good, now lets get some sleep. We will have a busy day tomorrow." Rarity walked back to her bed. You, Rainbow, and Applejack walked up to see who they were talking about. The flier read 'Come and see, for one night only, The Great and Powerful Trixie!'

Suddenly, you weren't too sure about Rarity's decision.