• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 429 Views, 3 Comments

Magnificent Malice‏ - ChaoticAce



There's a storm raging in all of Equestria. Two ponies get called upon to stop the raging storm. Will they succeed or will all of Ponyville get washed out of existance?

  • ...
0
 3
 429

Ch 2: Sun, Moon, and Rain

Princess Luna awoke from a nightmare. A chill ran down her spine as the princess of the night ran to her sister Celestia, who stood awake on the balcony. The white alicorn looked at the sky, eyes scanning the night sky as if she was already aware of the news Luna had to tell her. "Something is coming, Tia," Luna began. "A sinister storm is just around the corner. It is the same power that consumed the Crystal Empire."

"I am well aware, dear sister," Celestia said. She closed her eyes and allowed the wind to play with her multicolored mane. "We have been preparing for days. This is not something that you or I can beat." She then turned to her sister. "Nor can Princess Twilight or Cadence for that matter."

"The magic is not that strong. I do not understand why it is not something the two of us can defeat."

"Because we must remain here to aid our subjects. We must step in and fight only when needed." Celestia then smiled, still gazing at the stars. "It's such a beautiful clear night," she said unexpectedly. "The stars truly shine like diamonds and the moon is glowing so brightly that I can through see the densest of trees. You did a wonderful job tonight, dear sister."

"I wanted Ponyville to remember the best of nights while we are trapped in the darkness." As Luna spoke, a strange purple beam shot into the sky. Her eyes grew wide and she spread her dark wings but was stopped by her sister. "They are going to get away, Tia!"

"We could not catch them even if we wanted to," Celestia sighed. In seconds the beam of light cleared and the sky was filled with dark rain clouds. Lightning flashed. Celestia turned to Luna and smiled weakly. "They operate very quickly and if we were to do something drastic we might come out like Shining Armor."

Luna's ears drooped as she thought of the once proud stallion. Her eyes narrowed as she looked up at the sky, sensing the dark magic within the clouds. "I am not one to hide away, Tia. I will stand and fight for Ponyville and all of Equestria!" The angry alicorn turned back to her sister bitterly. "Shining Armor's fate does not scare me, for I am the night!"

"It might not scare you but it'd hurt like hell," a mare's husky voice suddenly said. Another alicorn, black and tall as Celestia though a bit more muscular, deep blue wings folded nobly, emerged onto the balcony. Aviator shades covered her eyes and she wore her blue and white mane in a mohawk. As she stood, the first raindrops began to fall. "I don't think you're prepared for that kind of pain, your highness," the alicorn continued, swishing her tail to swat rain off her flank. She turned to the two princesses. "That's why you have me. I won't fail you."

Luna looked relieved to see the captain of the guard before her, but she didn't look completely convinced. "Even the Wonderbolts haven't been able to conquer this storm," she said nervously and eyed the rainbow tornado on Dashing Knight's flank. "What can you do to help?"

"Get answers," the alicorn replied with a shrug. "Everypony needs you both here. Celestia, you've always promised them the dawn of a new day. Luna, you're their light in the darkness. I could never allow such you to put yourselves in harm's way. I left my vacation early hoping I'd make it back in time. The only thing that conquers darkness is light that's seen the darkness. That's why I'm gonna go and get answers… from Discord."

Celestia smiled sadly. "That seems to be your first solution to everything."

"Criminal minds think alike," said Dashing, turning and preparing to take off when a gray pegasus landed before her. She looked at him and blinked, taken aback. "Hey!" she said commandingly. "What brings you to the castle this hour? It's nearly midnight!"

"I was sent here by Princess Cadence," Brad said with a cocky smirk. "I have the scroll to prove it! I'm here to stop the storm!"

"So you stopped the rain in the Crystal Empire?" inquired Dashing.

"No, but I'm here to find a solution to the problem." Brad held out the scroll to Dashing. As she pried it open with her magic it glowed a dark blue. She read through it quietly as Brad continued, "I also have this!" and pulled out the ace of spades. "They said that it was some kind of clue. I was going to start with Twilight and her friends but I saw that you guys were awake," he said hopefully.

Dashing sighed and closed the scroll. "It's legit," she said, allowing it to float back into Brad's hooves. The situation had just gotten worse. She hadn't made it in time to stop the rain and now that lovestruck dimwit decided to send a mere pegasus to help. The alicorn captain debated on what to do, then finally looked to Brad. "The best plan of action for you would be to stop playing with cards and go home. I'll take care of this!"

"I figured we could work together," Brad replied promptly. He saw Luna's curious expression and tossed her the scroll. "After all, one pony on the case could complete it quickly but I'm sure it would be better to work double time! I'll talk to Twilight's friends and you can go to Twilight herself! You're an alicorn and all; you'd probably have easier access to her castle."

Dashing glared at him. "I am the captain of the royal guard. I am more capable of making strategic plans then some relative of Derpy Hooves." She then turned to the princesses to see what they thought.

Luna levitated the scroll back to Brad once more. "Brad the Browncoat Pony?" she asked.

"The one and only!" Brad exclaimed.

"Wait!" exclaimed Dashing. "This runt is Brad the Browncoat Pony?! The bounty hunter?!" She looked Brad over in disbelief.

"Eeyup!" Brad smiled. "So with your help I'm sure that we'll capture the perps in no time. We don't have a moment to lose!" He spread his gray wings and looked boldly at the sky.

Dashing's own massive wings spread, far wider than his Brads, downright dwarfing them in fact. "Seriously, you'll just slow me down," she berated. "Besides, I work alone." With that she leapt from the balcony and soared off into the night. Lightning revealed her body silhouetted massively against the clouds.

"That was so awesome!" Brad couldn't help exclaiming, grinning widely as he watched her fly. It was enough to give him chills.

"She grows on you," Luna admitted with a small smile.

"I have faith in you. I trust that between the two of you a solution will be found," Celestia said politely and smiled. Then her own magic passed the card to her sister. "What do you make of this, Luna?"

Luna's blue magic wrapped around the ace as she examined it. "I feel something very dark. There is similar energy in the clouds." She passed the card back to Brad and smiled as well before simply stating, "Be careful."

"That's no fun," Brad said simply and slipped the card back in his coat pocket. The raindrops began to grow thicker and heavier with each passing minute. The stallion had no more time to spare. He leapt upwards, caught a good thermal current, and began to fly. He was hoping not only to win the heart of the most beautiful pony in all of Equestria, but also hoping to gain the trust of Dashing Knight.