• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 303 Views, 2 Comments

Fireflying - Meziph



It was another time someone did something stupid, in this case the changelings.They bited more than they could chew, and I'm left here to try and clean their mess...

  • ...
 2
 303

Meeting

Firefly held back her grin, preferring to let out a small smile instead.It was an insteresting accomplishment to her, of sorts, seeing both Princesses and the actual Bearers live and in colors.The nine of them, including her, were now sitting on a modest sized dining room, a table with enough palces for all of them to sit down and already two kettles of tea and nine cups awaited them.

She sat down first, letting the ponies choose where they would be staying.The two Princesses sat directly in front of her.Twilight, Pinkie and Fluttershy sat to her left, besides Celestia.Rainbow, Applejack and Rarity sat to her right, besides Luna.They all were still eyeing her warily, the reason wasn’t lost to her.

She did say she was helping Equestria’s new biggest ‘threat’.

A unicorn maid trotted over to the table, and slowly filled each’s pony cup with tea, she took her time eyeing her, but it wasn’t one of suspicion or fear, just mild curiosity.If this was the maid that tended to Ambassadors and Dignitaries of other nations her reaction wouldn’t be unexpected.After filling everyone’s cups, she bowed and left the room through a small door to her far left.

“Well then, shall we start? to my right is Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.To my left, Princess Luna, my sister, Applejack and Rarity.” each one of them nodded when their name was spoken, “and your name is Firefly, am I correct?”

“Yes.” Firefly looked at the cup in front of her, the sweet aroma of the tea tickling her nose.A sip, jasmine, and the cup floated down to rest on the table again.

“You’ve come here, requesting an audience with Me, my sister and the Bearers.I know a little of what you’re planning, but most of them do not.Can you explain to them?”

“With pleasure,” the cup landed on the table again, clinking softly, “A month and a half ago the changelings decided it would be a good idea to try and nab Equestria.They failed, as we all know it, and then their Queen went to changeling heaven,” the cup floated to her lips, another sip, “since then Equestria’s in high alarm.Instead of letting the changelings fade into non-existence again, I’ll be trying to make them live instead of survive.First step to that is to get them a home,” she stopped when she noticed that the cup was empty, scowling, she levitated the cup back to the table, “the city I’ve built oh so long ago is going to be used now, finally, and since it’s technically inside Equestria’s territory I had to come here and tell you that.”

The kettle of tea lazily floated towards her, dipping downwards to fill her cup.That was when Twilight decided to shriek.

“How are you doing that!?”

Firefly looked at the unicorn, cocking her head slightly to the side, “Doing what, exactly?”

“Telekinesis! How are you doing that?” she was quite certain she heard a few snickers, deciding to play a bit she answered quite simply.

“Magic.”

Hoof, meet face.Face, meet hoof.Play nice you two.

“That doesn’t answer anything! You’re not even a unicorn!”

“So aren’t the Princesses, and they can still levitate stuff can’t they?” she grinned slightly,she was quite certain that steam was rising from Twilight’s head now.

“But they have horns! you don’t, or at least I think those things on top of your head aren’t.”

“Well, I have hooves!” With a small flourish she showed them her hooves, who were coated in the same whitewashed red aura that covered the tea kettle, “Say, have you ever conjured a lightning bolt, wind, or rain?”

The sudden change made Twilight stutter for a moment, before she answered, “Well, yeah, but what does that have to do with you?”

She grinned, it was like that time in Alto Mare all over again, “Well, that’s Pegasus magic isn’t it? control over weather.Magic is magic, no matter what form it takes it is still made of the same base blocks, if you can reverse engineer a pegasus made lightning bolt and ‘invent’ Crackhorn’s Bright Lightning spell you can reverse engineer the common telekinesis spell and use them with your hooves instead, although it’s not as effective.”

The two alicorns and unicorns were looking at her like she had grown a second head, yep, exactly like that time in Alto Mare minus the Royalty of course, she couldn’t help but let out a giggle.”Well, we didn’t come here to talk about magic nuances and things that you overlooked because reasons did we?”

Celestia shook her head, before glancing at her, the look she gave Firefly was like saying ‘we will be speaking about this later’.”Well, your letter also mentioned that you would be giving the location of said city to us.”

Firefly nodded and reached inside her neck’s mane, from there she procured a small topaz, and put it down in the table in front of her. “This here will have the informations about where to find it.Just use a simple scrying spell or memory reading and you’ll see what’s inside.”

A dark blue aura covered the gem and Celestia simply nodded, “Well then, I suppose this finishes our official meeting.Now, we would like to keep company to all of you, but duty calls.This was, in the end, an unscheduled meeting, and I still have court to run and Luna has not slept yet,” there she looked at her sister, who simply smiled and nodded as if saying ‘thank you’, “we will be leaving you with the Bearers for now.”

She nodded, and bowed slightly as the Princesses stood up and left.After they both went away, she looked at Twilight and smiled lightly.

“Any questions?”