• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 1,568 Views, 37 Comments

Silly Man, Trix are for Kids - CaptainAlbanos



After a barfight a man named James Moore, befriends a retired showmare. Convincing her to bury the hatchet in Ponyville, which lands the two on a wild ride for forgivness, and romance.

  • ...
15
 37
 1,568

Chapter 2: Car (carriage) chase scene.


Chapter 2

Trixie shut her door behind her, once inside the small-ish wagon, she peeled off her warm jacket and replaced it with a quilt, covered in a checkered pattern. A bit of magic, and a cup of tea powder later, the unicorn was sipping away at warm tea. With a sigh her thoughs turned back to the bar, or rather the human from the bar. He was a bit of a looker, if a little rough around the edges. His gray/black hair, and warm green eyes, gave him a welcoming feeling. And though she hated to admit it, when he had removed his shirt, he revealed a toned, even muscular, body.

She violently shook her head, cheeks tinted red. "No! Bad Trixie! Don't think about the handsome human."

It took her a moment to realise what she said, to which she flopped back into her small chair with a groan.

'Be careful Trix, men like that can break hearts.' She mused.

Opening the book left on the chairside table. She began reading silently from where the little bookmark left off. An hour passed, before a sharp yawn made Trixie lose her place in the book.

"Damn." She muttered, deciding it was time for bed. Slipping out of her jeans, and top, she laid down on her built in bunk, on the wall. Wrapping a the still-warm quilt around herself she almost drifted off to sleep.

Almost.

A heavy banging on her wagon door, caused her to jolt up, consequently snaking her head on the wooden roof.

"Girly!" More banging. "I know you're in there! I followed you, and your little boyfriend." The banging started again.

Trixie almost paniced, but stopped herslef short. Panicing would only make things worse.

The wagon began shakeing back and forth, rocking violently. "Hey c'mon, open up!"

Now she could panic, and she did panic. Grabbing her jacket she tried to think of what to do, but the stallions yelling, and the wagon's rocking just made it imposible to focus. Stressed, and scared, her horn shined a bright blue light, and with a pop,

She was gone.

~x~x~

Tapper, had just finished putting his bar back in order, with tables, and chairs back in thier proper places. With a happy, but tired, sigh he went back over, and sat in one of the sturdier chairs.

"That damned boy, he just can't mins his own damned buisness." He groaned.

Then he helped loudly, when a scantily clad unicorn mare flashed into his bar in a bright light.

She looked around frantically, before seeing Tapper. "Oh thank Celestia you're here." She quickly crossed the room, and grabbed rappers wrist.

"I need you to take me to James."

~x~x~

James was awoken by a loud banging on his appartment door, followed by two hushed voices. Groaning, James rolled out of bed, and flopped onto the floor. Pushing himslef up, he yelled out to the incessant door knockers.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up, I'm up." Glancing at his clock as he walked to the door.

'Six in the fucking morning?'

Annoyed, James yanked open the door, and was suprised to find Tapper, and Trixie standing in the decrepid hall.

"Tapper? And Trixie? What are you guys doing here?"

Tapper simply held up a hand. "Inside, we got things to talk bout'."

James sighed, a wonderful skill of his, and stepped aside to let them in. On a whim he closed, and locked the door behind them. Tapper, and Trixie sat down on his old couch, and James finaly got a good look at them.

Tapper looked like he was having a bad day in general, and Trixie, other than her jacket, she was wearing just her underwear, which she was trying to hide, with a blush painted on her muzzle. Being the gentleman he was, games tossed her a pair of sweats, he had grown out of. She quietly thanked him, as he sat down backwords in on a wooden chair.

The trio sat in silence for a moment before Tapper spoke up. "Boy, next time I tell you not to start a fight you should listen." He held up a hand when James tried to protest. "That damned stallion followed Ms. Lulamoon home. He tired to break down her door James, and he nearly did."

James looked at Trixie who was staring at the floor, unspilt tears in her eyes.

"Now what are you gonna do?" Tapper asked.

"Wait what!?" James sputtered. "Why do I have to deal with him, shouldn't you go to the guards or something?"

Trixie violently shook her head. "NO!" Realising her mistake she spoke softer this time. "No... Let's not go to the guards, I have a bad history with them." The two males just stared at her.

"Like really bad."

No one argued.

"Alright, so what do you two suppose, huh?" James featured at himself. "Ug I go start a fight, and he goes to the guards, I end up in prison." Then he pointed at Trixie. "And if you can't go to the guards, what does that leave us?"

Both said nothing, unripe Trixie suddenly had an idea. "What if we just move my wagon!"

Again blank stares.

She huffed. "Okay, so it won't be easy, but I can move it with my magic if someone distracts him, and once it's moveing, I'll just leave town!"

"And you'de just up an' move like that?" Tapper asked. "Cause' that seemed like more work than neccisary."

Trixie shruged. "I've been looking to move anyway, I just never had the motivation to do It."

James stood, pushing the chair back when he did. "Okay, then let's get this over with. I missing out on valuable sleep hours."

James isn't the nicest morning person is he?

With a plan in mind the three got ready, Tapper was already dressed to he waited by the door. James tried to put on a shirt but ended up yelping when he pulled at the cut on his shoulder, to which Trixie, to his embarrassment, had to pull the shirt over his head. Dressed, and ready the trio made to leave, only for James to shush them when he heard voices behind the door.

"It should right down this hall, Twitch told Fleetfoot, he saw that bitch going in here." The first voice said.

"Well, if Fleet wants her so bad why didn't he come get her!"

James tuned out the insuing argument, while he cursed under his breath.

"That dumbass from the bar sent his freinds here after you, which means we can't come back here either." He slammed a fist into the wall. "DAMN IT!"

Tapper shushed the man. "Get yer rears in gear!" He flung open the window, which led to a fire escape. "Move it or lose it kids."

Glancing at each other James, and Trixie both climbed out the window. Trixie when first, followed by James, then Tapper. The three could hear James door being busted down, as they climbed down onto the asphalt of the alleyway.

With silent agreement, the three made off for Trixie's trailer, hoping Fleetfoot, and his goons would be gone.

~x~x~

Ponies all over Manehattan, even some outside it knew two things. Manehatten is a noisy place, and steam from the sewers fills the air at night.

James made use of both.

When they arrived at Trixies wagon, this time with a solid plan. Trixie, and James would sneak past the, arguably, easily.destracted guards Fleetfoot had standing in the lot, while Tapper distracted them, by acting like a drunk old man.

Sneaking over behind a few of the boxes behind Trixies wagon, the two watched Tapper stagger around while the punks luaghed at him. Unfortunatly they were in the street, which was the same way the door to the wagon faced. To get caught, all they needed was a guard to look over his shoulder. But they waited, and when one of them was liaghing so hard he almost fell over, they snuk around the wagon, and Trixie quietly opens the door, thankful for the oiling she had given it a few days prior.

"Hurry up Trixie, we don't have time to be this sneaky." James commented while he moved plants, and pots away from the wagon's wheels.

Trixie just shushed him, and went inside. When the last of the pots were gone, James patted the side of the wagon, and waved at Tapper. Who started staggering off into the night. In truth he was just going back to the bar, where Trixie, and James would meet him later.

When the wagon started creeping foreword, James flim ed onto the portch-like extension infront of the door. It was about this time the guards noticed the noises, and tie ed around.

"Trixie! Let's move it!" He yelled.

The mare inside reacted, and the wagon suddenly shot foreward, both stallions jumping out of its path. James on the other hand, noticed the rapidly approaching buildings ahead of them, and yelled out.

"Turn right!"

Turning sharply the wagon lurched over, its two right wheels almost leaving the ground, as it rushed down the street. Again James was alarmed by the oncoming intersection.

"Left!" He yelled again.

Trixie obliged, and turned left on the intersection, and narrowly missed hitting a street lamp. The sound of a rapidly approaching carriage, made James sweat just a bit.

He groaned, in hi dsight this probably wasn't a good idea.

"Faster Trixie, they're following us!"

The wagon sped up once more, this time he had to direct them across the town, trying to avoide the following gang members.

"Left!"

They screached around another intersection, a d James had to shout again, when they almost hit a parked carriage. "Doge right!"

"Now left!" The gangs carriage made a horibble crunching noise as they rounded the corner. Most likley crashing into the parked carriage.

James laughed, and told trixie to slow down a bit. When the cart, or wagon, was back on its intednded route to Tapper's bar, Trixie stepped out onto the portch, her horn glowing faintly.

She smiled at James. "I usually steer from out here, but you made a pretty good navigator."

He just grunted, glad the hellish ride was over.

It wasn't five minutes later, when. Fire carriage sped past, and James recognised the direction it was heading in.

Tword his alpartment co
mplex.

Trixie noticed to and looked to James. "He didn't."

"I think he did..."


~x~x~[sb]

They didn't have to meet Tapper at the bar, he was already standing outside the burning appartment complex, when Trixie's wagon rolled up.

James climbed down off the wagon, and looked at the ball of fire that had been his home for nearly six years.

"If I ever see that little shit again, I swear I'm gonna feed him his own cock!" James yelled, to which Tapper slaped the back of his bead.

"There's a lady here."

James just huffed, and sat on the concrete. Watching the flames eat away his life. "I'm fucked." He paused. "And homeless."

Trixies felt awful about it all, he had saved her twice now, once at the bar, and then with her wagon. And now he was being repaid with a burning home. It made her feel awful, and guilty. Tapper mearly shook his head, and muttered something about 'Fucking punks' before walking away. Presumably back to his own life.

Trixie Nast watched James, she had an idea, a way to help him. It was risqué, and not exactly the best idea, but it was all she had.

"James,... Why don't you stay with me?"

The human looked over his shoulder at her lime she had offered him a severed hand.

Trixie blushed and looked away. "Don't look at me like that! You helped me so I'm returning the favor."

"I thought you were leaving the city?" James asked.

Trixie stared at him. "And you wanna stay in this city?"

Touche.

"Fine, but at least tell me were your going, before I decide."

Trixie looked back at her wagon, and the old, faded sign painted on it.

It read: "The Great, and Powerful Trixie!"

"I think I'll go back to doing traveling shows." She said. "I used to be a magician."

James though about it, he though for a long time. Then a smoke crept onto his face.

"Shure, why not?" He stood up. "If you'll wait, I can get the last of my money out of the bank, and we can leave in the morning. Sound good?"

Trixie smiled a bit. "Yeah, sounds good."

That night she made sure to park the wagon on the safer side of town.

Next to a police station.

Under a streetlamp.


Author's Note:

AN: The length, and format of this chapter will tbe the norm, for the rest of this fic. Please if you see a continuity error, point it out in a comment.

Gove me some feedback on how the story's going, comments fuel inspiration.

Thanks for reading!

INKthefallen.