• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 922 Views, 17 Comments

An Octav's Story - DashCamp(IDBrony)



A flashback story of Octavia's past life, about everything she has left behind

  • ...
1
 17
 922

Part 7 - The Final Symphony

Julian – CsCamper – DashCamp(IDBrony)

Part 7 – The Final Symphony


It was a five hour journey, but Octav didn’t really care about it, she missed Ponyville so much. Vinyl looked a bit worried at Octav, with Octav reaction like this, it must be a serious thing, that’s why she chose to be quite all the time. When the train arrived at Ponyville station, the first thing Octav tried to find was, her parents. She tried deep in her head, trying to remember where she lived, she walked around Ponyville, looked everywhere, but it was no use. They had a rest in the nearest cake shop, when she entered the cake shop, the first thing she saw was the pink pony from the gala. The pink pony jumped onto her, introduced herself, she explained long and wide and after five minutes, and finally told her her name. Pinkie Pie, known as the wielder of The Element of Laughter. They had a talk about things, but mostly it was Pinkie who was talking. Octav asked some question to her, but still no clue. She looked out of the window, she saw two ponies talking to each other, one of them had cream coat and round-straight mane, and the other was a unicorn mare with light greenish-blue colored coat.

Octav looked closer, she thought that she had ever seen that unicorn before. She rushed outside, and met her. That unicorn opened her eyes very wide, the ponies were in a long silence, until the unicorn opened her mouth, Octavia, she shouted. That unicorn asked her a lot of question, but mostly about her foalhood, she knew a lot about Octav. Octav told her to stop talking and asked her name. Lyra, Lyra Heartstring, she said, Octav remembered her foalhood, another memories, of her best friend, Lyra heartstrings. She used to play music with her when she was young, She played the cello while Lyra played her lyre, they have the same interest in music, that’s why they were close friends. Lyra still remembered about Octav a lot, she seemed very worried about her. Octav then asked about her parents, when Lyra heard her question, she stopped her talk, and looked Octavia in the eyes. Lyra then brought her to Ponyville cemetery, in front of a grave, Pitch’s grave next to Alto’s. Octav couldn’t believe her eyes, her tears came out, she apologized a lot to her mother’s grave, how she had left her, she really missed her.

Octav cried very loud, her fur around her face became wet. Vinyl tried to calm her, the more she tried the louder Octav cried, Octav couldn’t help herself, she passed out of sadness. She opened her eyes, her friends were surrounding here, Vinyl, and Lyra. She stood up, she was in the Hospital, they brought her here. Octav sat on the bed, she regretted everything. Vinyl tried to calm her again, and it worked. Octav asked Lyra about her old house, they then left the hospital, they trotted into an old part of Ponyville, she saw an old building, her old house, abandoned, seemed like nopony inside. They got in, the door was broken so they could get in. Octav searched around the house, she had lost her hope, she walked into her parents bedroom, she saw a piece of paper on the table. The paper was very old, the same paper Vinyl showed her, a photo of her as a foal. Lyra told her about how her mom had been searching for her, her Dad left her Mom alone in the house, and never came back. She searched everywhere but no sign of Octav, because she never wanted to rest, she got a flu, and died of it.

Octav felt a pain in her heart, she hugged Vinyl, cried every tears in her eyes. Vinyl looked sad about Octav, she hugged Octav back, calmed her down. They then headed to an old music shop, the old shop where Octav used to practice with Alto. Octav got inside, she looked at the things in the shop, the photos of her grandparents, and some instruments she broke when she was a foal. She laughed a bit when she remembered about it, she searched again, she found an old Cello case behind a pile of musical instruments. It was a big Cello case, it had almost the same size of a full grown pony. She opened the case, it was very dusty, with webs and papers. She read one of the papers, it was a familiar handwriting.

‘For my lovely daughter, Octavia.

Be the best Cellist ever! Mom and Grandpa will always support you, never be afraid of anything, because we are here. We hope you will be the best, share your joy of music to Equestria, because that’s your dream, isn’t it? Good luck Octav.

Love, Mom’

She also found another note, it got some blood on the paper.

‘For my Granddaughter, Octavia.

Have you learnt the pony pokey song yet? You are going to perform that song, right? Well.. I got a good music book for you, maybe yo-.. ‘ it was an unfinished note.

She had never noticed about these note before, the notes Pitch and Alto wrote to her. Before the night of her performance in school years ago, Pitch hadn’t told her about the note, because she had ran away from the house. Tears dripped out from her small eyes, Vinyl was looking around the music shop when she saw Octav at the back part. She approached her, Octav sobbed, Vinyl tried took her out from the house, it was too deep for her, she thought. Octav refused, she cleared her tears from her eyes, and then headed out from the house bye herself. She called a caravan and went away, Vinyl and Lyra didn’t know where she was after that. Months later, Vinyl saw lots of banners around Canterlot. Octav was going to have a play in Canterlot theater, she was curious that she came to the show.

In the big theater, she sat down at the third-front row. The show started in time, Octav stepped out from the backstage, she was holding the old Cellist case, she took out the Cello, and played a song. The song was really different, it wasn’t the same with the classical song Octav usually play. While Octav was playing, she showed a sad frown in her face, a deep sad frown about everything happened. But her face eventually turned to a happy face as the song went on. Octav have her old smile back, Vinyl also smiled from the audience seat, knowing her friend played a wonderful song, A song full of joy.

The End

*Last Author note: Hi everypony, I say thank you to all of you who read my story from the beginning until end, it was really kind of you that you would spent some of your time to read my story. I’m a new writer, so I think all of you found lots of grammar mistakes in my story. And I’m sorry if the words were really boring, I need to learn more English so I can choose a better proportion of word for the story.Finally thank you, good bye, and see you again in my next story.-DashCamp(IDBrony)

*The final song credited to makkon06 , not my song, put after gained permission.

Comments ( 3 )

Great story, a bit sad at the end. I really look forward to your next one, if you decide to write a new one that is. Keep writing and you will see that your fics will become better and better.

534376
thanks for your review bro :yay:, I have re-read everything, well I got small eyes:twilightsheepish:, perhaps that's why I slipped some ( or lots ), I also have edited some mistakes. and about new fic, I'm planning to post another one next week, let's see what happen next :pinkiehappy:
and I 'm very sorry for extremely late reply, my Internet was down, :fluttercry:

1063749
probably it was just somepony who wanted to stitch the holes in your heart, cause treating a wound also hurt :3
just being optimist

Login or register to comment