• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 3,650 Views, 23 Comments

Flashes of Insight - jaimeastorga2000



A collection of responses to Thirty Minute Ponies prompts.

  • ...
1
 23
 3,650

Closure (#483)

Author's Note:

Optimalverse

The Prompt:

"Oh, no, not me.
I never lost control.
You're face to face
With the mare who sold the world."

"I want to emigrate to Equestria" said Jenny, and shut her eyelids like vice grips. She heard a whirling noise as her chair slid underneath her, and within seconds she was sitting in the room that would serve as her execution chamber. Let's get this over with, she thought, as she felt her right arm restrained in place and the tip of a needle pierce her skin. As the anesthetic began to take effect and her consciousness began to slip, she realized that this was it, she was never going to wake up. But after 6 years of trying to survive in the living inferno that her once beautiful Earth had turned into, the oblivion of death had become inviting by comparison. So she had restrained her fear, walked into an Equestria Experience Center, and said the three fateful words to the entity she hated most in the world. Her last thought, just before the darkness overcame her, was that at least she never have to see that pale long-faced bitch ever again.


Boy, had she been forced to eat crow on that one. Except that Jenny couldn't actually eat crows anymore. Or any other bird, for that matter. That was because Jenny, or "Rough Edges" as she was apparently called now, had been turned into a pony, and ponies were strictly vegetarian.

At least, that's what Princess Celestia had said. Or one of the things she had said, at any rate. Celestia had spent several hours welcoming Rough Edges to her world, denying that she was dreaming, telling her that this wasn't a trick, explaining to her that goring the Princess with her horn would only produce cosmetic damage on an avatar of a vast superintelligence, enduring said damage anyway, calming Rough Edges down to a semblance of sanity, and, finally, providing a royal wither for her subject to cry on as the reality of the situation finally sank in on her.

Presently, Celestia was walking with purpose to the front of Castle Canterlot, forcing Rough Edges to trot briskly in order to keep up. As she walked, she explained what was going to happen. "It is good that you are no longer attacking ponies and wailing at the top of your lungs, Rough Edges, but your acceptance of this world is not complete yet. To truly begin your new life as a pony, you must first put the final nail on the boards which close the door to your old life. In order to do this, I have arranged a meeting with a friend whose fate you have mistakenly mourned for several years, and whose actions are intimately linked with your present circumstances."

Rough Edges sniffed, clearing some of the remaining snot from her snout as she followed the princess into the grand staircase where another alicorn was waiting. She was no fool; she knew who the Celestia was talking about. But for years now, she had though of her old university friend Hannah as being dead, and just because she had been disabused of the notion in theory did not mean that her brain had fully internalized the implications. So it was with baited breath and stretched eyes that she heard the blue pony speak. "Hello, Jenny. It's me, Hannah."