• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 802 Views, 17 Comments

Silver and Foals - dracone



Silver Fall is a dragon who happens to be unusual in more ways than one

  • ...
7
 17
 802

Silver and Foals (Teaser Tale)

Silver Fall was an oddity among dragons, aside from being a member of clan of dying winged drakes she had scales that could literally be confused for silver from afar or closeup, and instead of breathing fire like most other dragons she breathed ice (or at least a cold burst of air that caused ice to form on whatever it struck). When she was a newly hatched chick she attended the great dragon migration, but once she was old enough to learn how to fly herself she was barred from ever attending another one, and to add to the dejection she was never told why. She assumed it had something to do with her ancestry and distinct personality. Her mother, Sky Blaze, was a bright orange winged drake with impressive crimson fire breath and fire green eyes, but her father was a serpentine dragon from a land far to the east, he was metallic white and metallic green with a mist like breath weapon that seemed to have curative properties and a set of sea blue eyes; in addition he had no wing yet was able to fly with some measure of ease. Silver Fall was serpent-like in her form while still maintaining some of the cat-like torso of her mother, she was born with lustrous treasure-like scales (her name's inspiration), she had a pair of platinum green eyes, and her set of backward sweeping horns were metallic sea blue; all in addition to her ice breath made her an exotic beauty that most dragons had never seen before, and was considered the kind of beauty that they wanted nothing to do with.

Silver Fall's mother's clan banished her when she had reached the minimum age for a dragons to look after themselves with little to no assistance. Her father, Guiding Guardian, was killed in a challenge she had begged him to not accept because the challenger was well-known for cheating and getting away with his illegal moves. The words he said that day became the guiding voice of every decision she would make from that point to honor his memory in addition to changing her name when the fight had ended and his words were, “while a challenge can ignored what the one who issues the challenge does not, we must always meet the challenge of those who reflect or represent what we are unwilling to continue in the world. I will meet him for he stands for dishonor, something I can not abide by and will show him how far one can go in an honorable duel. I will fight only according to the rules and will never exploit holes in the rules for any reason, remember my little winter breath that even if he defeats me I will be the true victor of the match because I was the one of stronger character. I have known the madness of greed, as has your mother and we have managed to come back from the brink. You however have been placed in a predicament that would make a dragon centuries old fall into greed and felt its opposite, you desired to share with a generosity that I have only heard of in tales to teach lessons to hatchlings, you must keep that rare spirit that does not succumb to the weakness of our kind. Even if you are denied a place when I am gone keep that incorruptible soul, while the winter may be harsh as it is beautiful it can also be as gentle as it unforgiving. When you told your place is longer within one clan you must seek a new clan and see how accepting they are of you. Let this not shatter you, but instead temper you as one would temper a metal tool and let every test and challenge to who you are do the same. Remember little winter breath; genuine love, honest honor and true friendship are the three pillars of true faith and true faith is an armor that only weakens when you let that which challenges it make you doubt what you have put your faith in. Even if I fall this day I shall be the genuine victor regardless of what is said by others, always remember what I told you this day when you asked me remain out a fear that comes from genuine love, so I ask this of you put your faith in me and even if I take the eternal fall I will always remain with you in your memory and your heart. When you have offspring tell them of this day and how their brave grandfather stood up against what he felt needed to be felled.”

***********************************************************************************************************

Almost three centuries later she still remembered those words and that fight, even when the rest of that day seemed to fade into the mists of the forgotten. It was her lair, which was practically bare compared to other dragons, that she met a worn out pegasus stallion named Storm Runner. Silver Fall let him remain with her until he was back on his hooves, she even let him take as much of her meager treasure he wanted. He was surprised that a dragon would not only have such a small hoard, but also just give away what little it had. She told him she was outcast among dragons because of her seeming immunity to greed. Over the next year and a half he would return, often with friends to meet the strange dragoness. It was during this time that she romantically connected with a pegasus stallion named Thunder Twist.

She shared with Thunder Twist before anypony else she had the ability to alter her form, she managed make herself just a little taller than black stallion with a lightning yellow mane, storm blue eyes and white thunderhead cutie mark. It was the following year he had convinced her to come with him the pegasus town of Cirrus; she was reluctant to agree, shortly after arriving the town was mesmerized by the kind dragon that walked with them among the clouds of their home, none even showed surprised when Thunder Twist and Silver Fall married. They were when only five months after the marriage she dropped a pair of eggs which four months later hatched into a pair twins that looked highly dragon like with pony properties. The entire town was in agreement to never speak of the children or Silver Fall with anypony that was not from the town for fear of what other ponies would think or do.

The twins were a steel blue colt-like dragon with his father's mane, pegasus-like draconic wings almost half his size and mother's eyes; and dragon-like filly with a forest green coat, icy storm blue mane and equine tail the same color as her mane, and brilliant snowy lavender eyes, and dragon like-wings almost half her size. The 'colt' was named Steel Wing and the filly was named Forest Snowfall. Regardless of what anypony else would say Silver Fall would always tell her children they were some the most beautiful in the world.

It was shortly after their children were born that Thunder Twist was called to Cloudsdale, when he arrived he was told by the the head of Weather Control he was being moved to Ponyville at the end of the year, since they seemed to be shorthoofed. When he returned home he informed his family, which now had the twins around four years old. The twins were already showing strong personality quirks, Steel Wing kept boasting about he would be as good a weather pony as his father while Forest Snowfall kept on saying how she would like to become a noted scholar of Equestria in gentle voice whenever asked. The two worried for their little half-dragons, for the reason of believing that they would be mistreated out outside of Cirrus. On one of the few days he had off Thunder Twist made a trip to Canterlot in order to procure some reading material for his children when they got older. One book in the store caught his attention, "The Complete Guide to Rare and Mythical Creatures: Revision 12" which he bought after noticing it had a section on pony/dragon hybrids. When he arrived back home Silver Fall was telling them the story of her father's final battle, a tale that both heard dozens of time and never seemed tired of.

A few weeks before the twins turned five the family moved to Ponyville, Silver Fall elected make herself appear like silver coated pegasus mare with forest green mane and soft snow blue eyes for the trip, the twins were carefully hidden for the trip (while quite capable in self transformations she still had trouble with some of the finer details of form shifting) and after they had been given directions to their new house, and keys to said house, and soon began settling in.

Little did they know what the following day would have in store for any of them, because a certain pink party pony felt their arrival and seemed to know about the two children before anypony else in town in addition to making preparations to throw the party to welcome them all to Ponyville. The event would be something that would life changing for the whole family, but mostly the twins. Silver Fall and Thunder Twist would soon see why their new home was special in more ways than one, and the twins would soon experience something they never knew could be possible.

Author's Note:

I have plans for expanding for expanding on this story, in relation to which season this could take place in I have no idea. The story will be expanded on, but for now this little teaser tale is what you'll get. Please leave comments, I can't improve my stories if all I get is thumbs up and thumbs down. If you like say why, if you don't say why. But for the love of the great Faust tell me your opinions of the story, because contrary to the popular internet belief Fanfic writers are not capable of reading your intent if you just visit and give an up vote or down vote.