• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 713 Views, 7 Comments

One Shot Alley - Grey Faerie



A series of one shots. Some about Discord, some about Pinkie, most about nonsense but all about interesting thoughts that pop into my head. OCs welcome too.

  • ...
 7
 713

Home Horrors

"So, you know what Friday is! Movie night!" Twilight's new castle rang out with her cheers.

Spike rolled his eyes at her as he put away a book from on top a tall ladder. "Who's all coming? I need to know if I'm going to have a rocking party platter ready."

Twilight tapped her lips, "Hmm, I think all the girls, you and ugh, Discord."

"What's wrong with Discord?" he laughed.

"Nothing, I just don't know what kind of weird movie he might want to see." She pulled a face and walked around the ladder.

"Hey! You don't know that. The last time me, him and Big Mac had a guy's movie night he brought over this cool movie about an alien invasion. Most of his movies are weird but good." Spike posed and nodded his head very knowledgeably.

Twilight took her turn to roll her eyes, "I can only hope." She picked up more books and floated them up to Spike.

"I think Gummy liked the movie too. I couldn't really tell but Pinkie assured me he did." Spike picked up another book off the pile.

"It's still hard to wrap my head around you all hanging out like that." She looked over some papers stuck into one of the books.

He puffed out his chest, "We males have got to stick together. Especially in a town like Ponyville where the females out number us two to one."

Twilight couldn't help but snort. "Fine, fine, I'm going to the den. There's some built in shelves I need to fill up."


"What should we watch then?" Twilight asked.

The movie room had bookcases on the back wall next to the door. Tables lined the wall opposite the door. A couch was placed nearer to the wall on the far side of the room. A large TV took up most of that wall. Pillows and sleeping bags laid on the floor in between the couch and TV.

An assortment of movies were piled on the floor in front of them. Rainbow Dash and Applejack argued whether western movies counted as action or adventure while Rarity and Fluttershy talked about documentaries. Pinkie bounced in with Spike and all the food.

"I don't know," Pinkie shrugged. "Ooo, pudding."

"Let's choose a horror movie." Discord's face grew dark as he grinned from the couch. They all stopped and stared at him. "You have a few choices. The Return of the Night-mare, Sawhorse, Curse of the Cutie Mark, Foal's play, and my favorite, The Shining. Not to be confused with Twilight's dorky brother."

"Hey! He's not dorky."

"We play D&D in his war room." Discord gave her a dead stare.

"You... how many of my friends are you friends with around here?" Twilight scrunched her brows.

Discord stretched out on the couch and leaned on his hand, "Weellll, it's not like you are just jumping at the chance to hang out with me. Besides, he's a level sixty healer and you don't find those very often."

"Nightmare on Flank Street," Pinkie read. Rarity choked on her soda.

"Oh! How did that get in there? We'll save that for later." He winked and snapped up the case. "You're invited too Rarity."

She attempted to snort only to recoil in pain from the lingering soda bubbles. "No thanks," Rarity stated once she regained her composure.

"Is that popcorn?" Discord asked. He looked at the large bowl Pinkie was holding.

"Yeah, I've got some more in another bowl over on the table."

"Oh goody, cause this needs some spicing up. Or sweetening really." He snapped his fingers and marsh mellows melted over the popcorn. "That's better!"

"Aww, I'm going to get all sticky." Pinkie half complained. She put some in her mouth on the way to the couch.

"The Shining shows good. What's it about?" Applejack said.

"A haunted hotel and a guy going nuts from it."

"Ooo, sounds cool."


"Here's Jackie!"

The ponies sat frozen in position. The movie had turned out scarier than they expected. Fluttershy was resting peacefully behind the couch after knocking out cold right after the flood of blood in the hallway scene and no one had the heart to wake her up. They all agreed a nice short nature documentary would be good afterwards.

Twilight felt a breeze on her shoulder. She didn't want to be ridiculous and panic over a bit of AC turning on. Only, the breeze felt warm. She peeked over her shoulder. The door was slightly ajar.

Don't be silly Twilight. It was left ajar from when Spike went to get a refill of soda. Though we all know it was actually to take a break from the movie. She laughed to herself.

The warm breeze came again. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up. It was like that feeling of someone hovering their hoof over your skin. You could feel the static of them being so close.

Two hands skimmed down her shoulders.

"Here's Jackie," a voice crept out.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Twilight jumped a foot in the air and landed right in Discord's lap, clinging to him for dear life.

"So forward!" he said, under all the screaming.

Fluttershy jolted awake and screamed as well though she didn't know why. The girls all up in a knotted pile of petrified ponies and screaming voices.

"What in the hay is going on!!?" Applejack yelled.

They were still shaking and freaked out as maniacal laughter could be heard.

"Such a wuss." Spike shook his head.

"You! I can't believe you!" Twilight didn't even notice Discord attempting to pry her off.

"Ooo, Twilight's in love," he snickered. Twilight reddened in both embarrassment and anger. She slide back into her seat and huffed at him. "And you thought I was too young for the movie!"

"That wasn't cool," Rainbow spoke from under Applejack's arm.

"Hey, it was funny from where I was standing," he covered his mouth and laughed.

"Jerk, come sit down." Twilight won't admit it but it was a little funny. "You got me good."

Spike snuggled in next to her, "I got all of you good! Sooo, what are we going to watch afterwards? I don't think I can sleep tonight."

Author's Note:

Fixed up. I even took out my self insert cause it didn't work if you don't read some of my other stories.

103-B: Home Horrors

The talking heads here reach the point of distraction, and the writing is pretty consistently awkward in the dialogue, as well. In the second scene, there’s a barrage of pony puns on movie titles, and the only one that really works is “Sawhorse”. The rest all kinda fall flat. The spelling and grammar could use work throughout, and the random insertion of the author’s OC was pointless. You’re never going to endear your audience to a character who’s introduced with “Oh, that’s (author_name). You know (mane_six_name)’s best friend from (other_town)?” (1/5)