• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 1,674 Views, 44 Comments

Rainbow's Adventure on Earth - TheRealShadowFoot



RD finds herself an unfortunate victim of herself and Twilight's willingness to help her.

  • ...
10
 44
 1,674

Meanwhile, back in Equestria...

Twilight was absolutely beside herself with grief and worry. All she had wanted to do was help Rainbow, not teleport her to Celestia knows where, if that’s what happened. All she remembered was enchanting Dash to double her already base speed and agility, which was probably a bad idea. She was chasing dash through the sky, making sure she didn’t get hurt, then there was a faint pop and Rainbow was gone. Vanished without a trace, not even a Rainbow streak remained. Usually teleporting involved magic, so there had to be some kind of scientific explanation. A dimensional rift, time warp, something like that.

As Twilight was bolting around her library home, books of all manner of scientific and magical subjects strewn about, she came to a screeching halt when she almost ran into spike’s tiny form. A dragon he was, but she was at full gallop inside the tree house. Not a good ending for spike if she didn’t stop. Spike simply inquired:

“What’s goin’ on, Twilight? You lose a letter to the princess or something?” he said with a snicker. She shot him down immediately.

“Spike, this is no time for jokes. I’ve lost Rainbow dash and I don’t know where she went” She said, before she could stop herself.

Spike simply said “oh.” A look of revelation slowly crept over his face, and then it clicked.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST RAINBOW DASH! HOW DO YOU LOSE A FULL GROWN PEGASUS?!” Spike started yammering incoherently.

Realizing Spike was effectively broken, Twilight resumed her research allowing him to chatter to himself. Then, like a slap in the face, she found what she was looking for. She flipped immediately to the page with the information she needed. She read aloud:

“As with any particularly powerful magic spell, speed spells, especially when used on creatures with already amazing land or flight speeds, have been known to spontaneously cause dimensional rifts with little to no warning. Very few cases of such an occurrence have been documented, and resulting from this, there is little to no information on how to reverse or return the rifted subject. Oftentimes, a nearly-divine power must interfere and return the subject to its original plane of existence. It has been rumored that there are particularly powerful magic objects in Equestria that can return a rifted subject, especially if it’s tied to their soul or spirit. An example of such an item would be the Elements of Harmony, noted in days of yore as having the power to dispel chaos, and even mostly purify tainted souls.”

An idea popped up in Twilight’s head just then. If she could assemble the other elements and trigger them without needing a near-cataclysmic event to occur, then it might simply just pull Rainbow back. How she was going to trigger this was an altogether foreign concept to her at the moment.

As Twilight began pondering this, she only wished that wherever Dash was, she was safe and warm. She would be absolutely mortified if she caused Dash to be injured or worse, especially when she knew she shouldn’t have done this. But Dash was persistent, much to Twilight’s dismay and constant advice against it. Hopefully Dash learned her lesson this time, if there was still a Rainbow Dash. Twilight then verbally berated herself for thinking this.

“There always was and always will be a Rainbow Dash, she thought to herself, giving her renewed vigor and purpose.”

Twilight gathered her saddlebags and prepared to face the worst thing she could imagine: Earning the distrust and scorn of all her friends. They probably would not take too kindly to her losing Rainbow Dash, especially Pinkie and Fluttershy, who seemed to be most attached to her. Since it was closest, she resigned to stop at Rarity’s first.

Rarity answered to a quiet, almost shameful knock at her door. Wondering who it could be, she placed her spectacles on the table in front of her. She hadn’t any clients scheduled today. Matter of fact, she hadn’t had anything scheduled today. She had been feeling rather overwhelmed as of late, and decided to give herself a personal day. The only thing she would break that vow for was her friends. And sure enough, at her door, there was Twilight, looking rather harried and twitchy. That was awfully unusual of her. She was always well put together, even for someone of less expensive taste. “Twilight, are you alright, darling?” Rarity asked. Twilight swallowed hard. “No, I’m not, Rarity, I have some bad bews.” Rarity gasped loudly and began yammering about teas, while escorting Twilight to the nearest chair, which Twilight respectfully refused.

Twilight gave Rarity the whole situation from top to bottom, and Rarity couldn’t believe it. But she did know that Rainbow was in trouble, and needed all of her friends to help her. Putting on her best game face, Rarity gathered her saddlebags, which were always ready for an adventure, especially after meeting Twilight and becoming an Element of Harmony. As they set out together, they discussed Twilight’s plan. After Rarity’s boutique, they proceeded along to Sugarcube corner, Fluttershy’s Cottage, and eventually Sweet Apple Acres.

With more or less satisfying explanations to each of her friends, Twilight had one last thing to do. She would probably need one of the Princesses’ help if she was going to activate the Elements without a near-cataclysmic event. She would also have to explain her foal-like stupidity to the Princesses themselves, which scared her more than anything. The twins had been the original bearers of the elements, and even Celestia herself had bore them all at once to lock away an irate Nightmare Moon. If anyone knew how to activate them, it was those two.

(a/n)Sorry guys, I kinda fizzled on this chapter. I tried making at least some remote sense of logic, but I don’t think it worked. Also I lost my original draft.