• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 10,323 Views, 438 Comments

Luffy in Equestria - SparkStone



Luffy of the notorious Straw Hat Pirates, is thrown to Ponyville after a chain of events.

  • ...
22
 438
 10,323

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47 - The Great Break In of Talon's Hold!

Day 1 of 3

Down the insanely fast river, through its complex and deadly turns and curves, the boat finally reaches its destination, and crashes and totally breaks apart. Luffy and Flare drown in the water before Twilight and Gilda pull them out of the threatening currents. Barely making it, they flop onto shore and gasp for air.

"Ugh… Thank you…" Luffy and Flare barfed gratefully.

"No problem." Gilda and Twilight breathed.

After a while, the four exit the cave to take in the view of the tall tower before them. The claw up above looms threateningly as chains dangle, giving haunting clinking noises all around. From behind the bushes, they saw the entrance heavily guarded by a squadron of griffons. Gilda, Twilight, and Flare huddle, coming up with a strategy.

"Hmm… there's a lot of griffons posted up on front guard." Gilda pointed out.

"The security should be tight. We need to be stealthy in order to retrieve Shining Armor safely." Flare told Twilight.

"As long as we can get him out alive, that's fine by me." Twilight told them before turning around. "Right Luffy?"

They paused as they noticed Twilight was looking at nothing but thin air. Looking around, they get up from the bushes and saw him running up to the griffons while biting his hoof.

Gear Third

The hoof inflates and becomes augmented in Busoshoku Haki. The griffons scream as Luffy launches his hoof at them.

Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gun!

The door busts wide open and Luffy rushes in. As the griffons flood in to restrain him, he easily takes them on as he furiously mows them down with his punching.

Gomu Gomu no Gatling Gun!

Flare drops hers jaw while Gilda and Twilight slaps their face over and over again. Flare grits her teeth and says, "What is he thinking!? We needed to do this in covert operations! Now the whole place will be on top guard!"

"I don't think so." Gold says approaching them from behind. They all jump in surprise before Flare questioned him.

"Captain Gold Shield! What are you doing here!?"

"I'm under strict orders to ensure the safety of Twilight Sparkle." He answers. "So I followed you down the river."

"Wow! I can't believe you followed us alone!" Twilight said in amazement.

"So are you here to help out or what?" Gilda wondered.

"Yes, I am. After all, you said we were on the same side." Gold reminded her.

"Well, it looks like Luffy has alerted every pony of our presence." Flare sighed.

"Perhaps not." The captain said optimistically. "They see Luffy, but they might not recognize him too quickly without his hat. This could be seen as a lone stallion while we sneak around."

"Good idea!" Gilda commended him. "Luffy can distract every pony while we check around the place."

"It doesn't feel like we can leave Luffy alone all the time, nor can we be hidden for most of the time." Twilight thought. "They'll figure out everything soon."

"Let's just go with it for a while. It's all we got." Flare stated.

Nodding in agreement, they follow Luffy as they cross the debris.


Up in the control room, the sirens have went off and the camera team are on the move. They scan and check up with the warden. The warden is a big griffon with sleek steel upon his talons and hind legs. His beak is lined in silver and his feathers are a golden yellow. As his subordinates run up to report, they quickly address him.

"Warden Steel Fort, sir! We have an intruder! But we can't identify him!"

"Can't you search up any files regarding a red stallion that stretches, can make a gigantic hoof, and do it all without the use of magic?" Steel Fort questioned.

"That's… specific, but even so, it'll take some time sir!"

"Get the officers to their positions and get rid of that pesky colt! We need the trap to get ready for Twilight Sparkle when she arrives!"

"Yes sir!" The subordinate saluted before leaving.

Steel Fort sighed while two more griffons arrive. One was a thin female griffon with white feathers and yellow fur. Her tail was enwrapped by electricity, making her tail dance in a lightning arc. The other was a bulky male griffon with gray feathers and purple fur. His tail was in the curvy motion, once in a while letting some bubbles pop.

"Steel Fort, darling, why not let us handle these intruders? It'll be quick as lightning." She offered.

"Yesss, we'll make his intrusion to be well punissshed. Ssslow and Painfulll." The other slurred.

"Electra, Venom, now is not the time. Until the target comes, you will remain unseen." Steel told them. "If it gets worse, I'll take care of him personally."


Stage 1 - Power Room

Hundreds of ponies were running on treadmills in their cages. Behind them were griffon guards that would give them a beating if they didn't run fast enough. As the lobby down below was recovering from their recent havoc from Luffy, the rubber stallion himself appears while holding one of his victims.

"Where's Shining Armor!?" Luffy questioned, hoping he remembered the name correctly.

"T-Top floor… on Stage 5…" He answered.

Throwing the griffon aside, Luffy raced onward, only to bump into dozens of griffons. Luffy jumped into the air and threw the first attack.

"I don't have time for you! Get out of my way!" He demanded.

Meanwhile, back at the lobby, Gold, Flare, Gilda, and Twilight scoured the area for information. As they met up at the stairs, they exchanged what information they found as they went to the next floor.

"So, this is what I've gathered about Talon's Hold." Gold said to the group. "Apparently there are 7 floors. Within those floors are five stages. The first floor is the lobby, where they choose where to place the prisoners. Next is Stage 1, 2, and 3. Then there's an Airship harbor."

"Airship harbor?" Gilda repeated. "How'd they figure out how to make them!?"

"Don't know, but the pegasus have made some for the royal army too, so it's not to much of a surprise." Flare stated.

"Can't the griffon prisoners escape from the harbor just by flying out?" Twilight wondered.

"Not exactly. The fifth floor where the airship harbor is has a very thick wall of thorns. Get caught in one, then you'll be grabbed by the vines and held until the spikes really get you in." Gold warned them.

"Yeesh! And this isn't even Tartarus!" Gilda shook.

"Anyways, beyond the Airship harbor is Stage 4, and 5. Shining is most likely in Stage 5."

"What's with these stages anyways?" Twilight asked. "Are they where they keep the prisoners?"

"Yes, and for each stage, they benefit the Griffon Kingdom."

"What do you mean by benefit?"

As they entered the first stage, they all got a glimpse of the forced labor. Ponies and griffons are chained as they are forced to run on the treadmills. Luffy was also there, fighting off the army of griffons before continuing on. Twilight was about to call Luffy, but was stopped by Gilda.

"What are you doing!?" Twilight questioned.

"Not yet, we're still not seen yet! We need to get as much information as we can before revealing ourselves!" Gilda explained.

"But we already know where Shining is!" Twilight pointed out. "We need to hurry!"

"Alright then Twilight, but remember!" Gold said. "Don't be beaten here. If you're defeated, they'll put you in one of these stages and be forced to do as they say. The chains they have on prevent them from leaving the force field around this place."

"I got it! Thanks!"

"We'll investigate this place until we find what we're looking for." Gold informed her as Twilight ran after Luffy.

"What? I thought escorting Twilight was our mission." Flare inquired.

"There's something much more important here that I must do in order for everything to go into order." Gold explained.


The cameras were eyeing onto Luffy for a while. The chief warden kept his eye on the camera screens as well while giving out orders to halt his intrusion in order for his trap to not be activated until further notice. But things change when one of the griffons noticed something on camera.

"Sir! I see a mare! A unicorn to be specific, without a chain on!" He reported.

"What!? Let me see." He demanded before seeing what was going on. His eyes widened as he recognized the mare easily. With a grin, he understood everything. "It seems as if Twilight Sparkle showed herself, and only bringing Straw Hat with her. It all makes sense now!"

"Sir? What shall we do?"

"Get Venom ready on Stage 3!" He demanded. "And get Electra to go after them from behind! Make a pincer maneuver to prevent them from leaving!"

"Yes sir!" They saluted before they left to do as they were told.

The warden now watched carefully at the targets. His talons were tapping together as his plans when into action.

"There'll be no escape. This trap will be your end Twilight Sparkle."


On Stage 1, Gold was entering the control room, but not before saying something to Gilda and Flare.

"Guard the back until I return." Gold commanded.

"What exactly are you looking for exactly?" Gilda questioned.

"You'll see soon enough." He answered before leaving. Flare and Gilda sat by the door and sighed.

"Is he always like this?" Gilda asked.

"You have no idea." Flare replied before checking up ahead. When she turned her head, she saw Electra coming for them with an electric projectile. She quickly shoved Gilda to the right before moving to the left. After the two dodge Electra's attack, the ball of electricity exploded. Flare faced off with Electra as she grinned menacingly at her foe.

"Well, well, well, it looks like I found some extra rats with the famous Twilight Sparkle." she quoted.

"Huh?" Gilda mumbled. "Twilight? Did they find her too? But… how do they recognize her so fast?"

"If you know what's good for you, you'll back off!" Flare warned her.

"I always knew that rats backed into a corner were dangerous." She teased followed by a chuckle. "But I can't let you live. You might mess with our plans."

"Bring it on then!" Flare growled.

"Hey, hold on a second!" Gilda yelled.

It was too late to stop. Electra went in with a talon of volts while Flare flew in with a hoof full of fire. The clash causes an explosion, making all the ponies and griffons in the cages scream. They get off the treadmills and hid to the corner, even though the jailers demanded them to get back to work.

Gilda was pushed away by the massive explosion before hitting the dozens of stacked crates. Falling on her, she was stuck under, but well hidden and unseen from the battle. As the two fought, Talon's Hold began to shake at Stage 1.


Luffy had finally arrived in Stage 2. He looked around for more stairs, but found only hundreds of unicorns chained to a machine. The machine had on top, an orb that wires up to the next floor. Sparks of magic discharge went off into the orb as unicorns breathed from their tiresome labor. The jailer griffons hit them to get back to work.

"What is this place?" Luffy wondered. "Ah! No time! I have to get to Stage 5! So, I just have to go up."

"Luffy!" Twilight called out as she raced to him to the second stage. "There you are! I finally caught up with you! Whoa! That was a long run."

"Twilight!" Luffy yelled. "We need to go up! Do you know where the stairs are?"

"I don't know, I've never been here." Twilight said in a deadpan voice. "But if we just look around, we're bound to find it."

Just before they could start searching however, a high pitched scream echoed throughout the room. "WAAAH!"

Luffy and Twilight turned to see from afar, a blue unicorn with a white mane running towards them. The jailer griffons were chasing after her, flying high and about to dive at her.

"We got an escapee! Get another Chain for her!"

"The great and powerful Trixie will not wear those uncomfortable chains again!" she declared.

"TRIXIE!?" Twilight shouted.

Author's Note:

No sneaking around. This is a freaking rush job.

Well, that's how Luffy will see it seeing how the situation doesn't require him to go in secretly.

PreviousChapters Next