• Published 5th Aug 2014
  • 1,690 Views, 33 Comments

Warhammer 40k: The Mission - 40kponyguy1



Celestia sends the ponies to a war torn world in the warhammer 40k universe in order to retrieve a magical artifact.

  • ...
18
 33
 1,690

Part 5 'The Nightmare Returns'

Part 5

A disembodied howl of anger and frustration echoed through the energy of the warp.
Such rage was normally manifested by the daemons of Khorne, but this entity did not claim homage to that god.

The Daemon Shaa-Llyth was furious. Sent back to the warp not once, but twice, by the same damn pony!
Visions of rainbow light were the last images the daemon could remember from their first encounter.
Compared to the royal mare of darkness, the warhound had made for a cold and soulless host.
However, the god-machine's weapons and sheer scale had more than made up for that.
Trampling adversaries underfoot, sweeping away entire platoons of enemy infantry with a single burst from the powerful weapons the machine carried.

It had been a liberating experience to stride across the battlefield nigh impervious to all that dared oppose it.

Now that too had been taken from it.

By the same pony!

Shaa-Llyth tried to calm down.
Blind rage did not make for good planning.

A brief overview of options.
The forces of Nurgle were too slow, and not what Shaa-Llyth had in mind.

The forces of Khorne, mighty as they were, lacked finesse. Besides, they hated Tzeentch daemons, so getting their help would be difficult anyway.

So that left Slaanesh. Daemonettes. Perfect.
Fast, and obsessed with making their enemies suffer.
They would make a useful addition to the daemon's forces.

Now, how to get revenge.

Attacking the group directly wouldn't have quite the impact the daemon wanted.
So Shaa-Llyth turned it's gaze to it's previous conquest.

This also gave the daemon the idea of approaching the 'blue scribes'. Equestria was a realm filled with magic.
This would be an irresistible lure for the pair, and the anarchy they unleashed in battle would no doubt prove useful.

Now, whom to try to corrupt so they could be used to manifest in that realm.

The warding shield around that world made it difficult to break through.

Shaa-Llyth needed someone in a position of power, or that possessed great power in order to defeat the ponies when they returned home.

Luna...No. Been there once, and probably wouldn't work again.

Celestia herself was too powerful to control.

The daemon cast it's gaze wider, and caught something.
Daemons are very much in tune with emotions, and this was very strong.

A seething hatred for the very ponies it sought revenge upon.

And a heart already twisted and bitter.

'Perrrfect', purred Shaa-Llyth, and reached in to the dreams of it's potential host with promises of power enough to claim revenge.

The affirmative answer was so quick it took the daemon by surprise.
This was too easy.

For now, it decided to co-exist with it's new host until the time was right.
There was something about this particular entity that the daemon liked.

Something the Lord of Change could relate to.

Shaa-Llyth once again entered the realms of Equestria within the mind of another.