• Published 3rd Aug 2014
  • 12,215 Views, 623 Comments

Calming Sigh-- with a Breath of Fire - Laze Around



[Breath of Fire 3 x MLP] Human becomes his favorite game character and was thrown into Equestria. After escaping Celestia and Luna, he finds out how hard it is to live for so long beyond a human's lifespan.

  • ...
46
 623
 12,215

Omake: Fishing Spot

Author's Note:

You are all to blame for this.

I sat by a pond, deep inside the Everfree. My chin was propped on my palm as my other hand held on to my fishing rod, something that I created using my [Mind Sword] skill.

Looking up to the sky, I glared. "Say one thing as a jest, then suddenly everyone wants to see it happen. I blame you all for this."

It was nighttime, and everypony else was asleep in their homes. Though some chose to sleep in their friend's houses since theirs were still under repair. It'll take a couple more days before we fix everything, maybe a little quicker if the princesses decide to help with their spells.

Currently I’m in my favorite fishing spot. I rarely ever go here, given that it was pretty deep into the forest, and was a bit too close to Canterlot for my liking. I always worried that Celestia would use her telescope to watch the glowing pond from her balcony when she gets bored.

There was a reason that this was my favorite Fishing Spot.

“RYU!”

“Great.” I sighed. “Let the fun begin.”

I didn’t move from where I was sitting when Celestia landed behind me. I could feel her glare on my back, or at least that’s that I think it was. There was a spot there that I think started to sizzle slightly when she touched down.

“You and I need to have a word, Ryu.”

Her tone was serious, with a slight hint of anger. But that did nothing to break my concentration over my fishing line. My eyes narrowed when something tugged it down.

“HIT!” I cheered.

I stood up from where I was sitting and pulled on my fishing pole with both hands. The one tugging at the end of the line was pretty heavy, and I grinned at the prospect of a big catch.

“Listen to me, Ryu!”

Oh shut up you prissy pony princess. I’ll deal with you once I get this one out of the water.

Partially transforming my arms, I began to pull harder.

“I’m here to talk about Spike.”

*SLAP!*

I blinked. The smile on my face remained frozen as I watched the ripples of the pond slowly disappear.

My arms were raised over my head, and my fishing line was completely pulled back. I may have pulled a little too hard on it.

Slowly, I turned around.

A trout thrashed at the end of my fishing line, its mouth still caught in the hook. Celestia was blinking rapidly, and her cheek was soaking wet.

“Did… Did you just slap me with a fish?” she asked.

Turning back to the pond, I recast my fishing line into the water without removing the trout. “Nay. T’was an accident.” I responded monotonously.

Thanks to my acute sense of hearing and the relative silence of the forest, I was able to hear Celestia’s mouth flapping without saying any word. When she finally stopped, she started again.

“Nevermind…” she said, sounding calmer now than she did earlier.

Something was tugging at my line again.

“About Spike-”

I pulled.

*SLAP!*

I didn’t even look this time and just recast my line back into the water, fish and all. I think the trout evolved, because what I saw going back to the water was a Rainbow Trout.

“Ryu!”

“Yes?” I responded calmly.

“That was on purpose!”

I snorted. “It was pulling on my line. What? Did you expect me to just let it be until you finished talking.”

“Even still!”

“Just say your piece and go.” I retorted. Come to think of it, that was probably her first time tasting the rainbow, even if it was from the Elements of Harmony.

Celestia made an unladylike growl, and I could feel her magic pulsing behind me. I don’t think she’ll attack, though. She’s too kind for that kind of act.

“It’s about Spike-” she said again.

My eyes widened and I pulled with all my might.

“Aha!” Celestia ducked under the fish, and I stared at it thrashing behind her. “I knew it!” she said, pointing one of her hooves at me.

My mouth opened and closed, and I pointed at the fish behind her. Celestia looked smug, though a little soak, but still was very smug.

Making my way closer to the pond, I looked into the water. The light that it was giving off from below made it impossible to see that bottom.

“Wait- AAAHHHH!!!”

Looking back to Celestia, I saw that the shark that I managed to pull out from the pond had her tail in its mouth and was chomping away at it. The princess then did something that most people do when they see a shark’s jaw coming at them: she tried to get away.

“AAHHHH!”

She ran around the pond in circles, screaming as the predator clung to her tail like a bear trap. I stepped over to the side to avoid her, watching as she ran in futility trying to get away.

I looked at the pond, then my fishing pole.

Shrugging my shoulders, I recast my line and started fishing again.

“Help me!” the pony princess cried.

Being a princess where her castle was pretty much in the middle of the nation, she probably hasn’t had much encounter with sea creatures, and the sight of the shark was pretty scary.

Something was tugging again.

“AHHH!”

Oh, a Marlin! How rare, and pretty good quality, too, its snout stabbed straight through a tree. Impressive.

I recast my line again.

“Ryu!” came Celestia’s plea.

I heaved at my fishing pole and pulled out the next fish.

*SLAP!*

“AHH!”

Bluefin Tuna! Lovely! Next.

*SLAP!*

“Oof!”

Mackerel. Bah, I could do better. Next.

*SLAP!*

Salmon!

*Whack!*

Catfish!

*BOOM!*

WHALE! YES!

“Sister, what is happening!”

Oh, it looks like Luna’s here, too. Let me give her something as well. Hup!

“Wah! Wait, is this-! Tentacles! Sister, I see tentacles everywhere!”

With an octopus hugging her face, Luna soon joined Celestia in running around the pond.

Hehe. This is getting fun. Let’s see what I’ll pull out next.

“Hm? Oh, Kaiser, hello!”

Moving closer to the water, I pushed Agua’s massive head back inside. The Elder Dragon of Water tittered when I touched her.

“Eenope!”

This Fishing Spot, there’s a reason why it was my favorite: you could practically pull anything out of it. I just didn’t think that ‘Anything’ covered such a broad concept.

Dismissing my fishing pole, I turned around and started walking away. “Nope, nope, nope. That’s enough fishing for tonight.”

I stopped for a moment and allowed for Celestia and Luna to pass by. The Solar Princess still had the shark on her tail, while the Lunar Princess was screaming about tentacles with the octopus still clinging to her face.

Then, watching calmly, my eyes followed the line of fishes that I pulled out from the pond, following the two princesses. They were hopping along the ground and were covering enough distance to keep up with the two ponies.

When my path was clear, I started walking again. “This night just turned weird.”

“Whoa!”

And there goes Steven.

“Steven!”

Followed by his gem guardians.

...

I’m not even going to comment on how I knew them. I hope Big Mac still has some hard cider in his stash.

“Guys look! A pony with a fish tail!”

I didn’t look back. I just ran through the forest and left all of that madness behind me.