• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 516 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony- Stories of the Shinsengumi - Dragonfire2lm



Princess Luna's student battles fate and uses her knowledge to save a group of samurai from the fires of war while dealing with new vampire powers.

  • ...
13
 13
 516

The Council

Dreamer looked at the strange group of creatures that stood before her with ever growing frustration.

"What...The hell...Were you thinking?1" she growled.

The wolf with dark brown fur, white face , paws and was the one to respond.

"We can only see generic details in the timeline-" he began but Dreamer cut him.

"This wasn't generic enough?" she snapped, her voice changing as her mane and tail burst into white flames and her eyes became the colour of blood. As quickly as the dhange began, it reveresed and was back to normal.

"I'm sorry" the wolf said sincerity. "We knew you would survive the events of this timeline...But it appears someone didn't do his job".

He pointedly looked over at the black dragon ghat stood to his left. The reptile had the body of a t-rex, a swan-like neck and the tail and spines akin to an alligator.

"Oh come now Tempus" the dragon scoffed and his cat-like red eyes. "I did do my research, I've made sure her new powers won't chip away at her life force".

The wolf, Tempus, looked skeptical.

"And pray tell Manaquire, just how did you do that?" he asked.

"It can't use up her life force if she has unlimited life now can it?" Manaquire responded with a grin.

The golden-furred, seven tailed vixen beside him shook her head in disbelief.

Dreamer looked annoyed.

"So I'm immortal? Well isn't that just great? I'm a monster, again, and I'm most likely going to end up in japan with a group of guys I'll end up making friends with...Only, only to watch their world torn apart by war and see them die one at a time!" Dreamer exclaimed as she panicked.

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked as a purple aura surrounded her and her voice took on a mournful tone. "Was inadvertently dooming two worlds not enough? Is this punishment for causing you all trouble without my knowledge?".

Her mane and tail twisted into a braid, her eyes changed colour from blue to purple.

"This is a dream, she shouldn't be able to invoke the darkness*" the vixen whispered to Manaquire.

"Her special talent revolves around daydreaming and her imagination" he explained. "Of course she can invoke the darkmness".

As Tempus moved to calm Dreamer down, the final member of the council spoke up.

"I thought you said it was all taken care of..."

The statement was spoken softly and calmly by a grayish-black wyvern with a raptor-like body, owl-like talons, a long tail with a blade on the end and thin, needle-like spines running down his snake-like neck. his webbed wings remained folded at his sides while he looked at Manaquire, his snake-like, green eyes glaring at the dragon.

"What?" Manaquire asked innocently.

The wyvern sighed.

"Must I do everything?" he mumbled.

"Well Carbros, you do work for me" Manaquire said.

"That is only a cover to keep you check, sir" Carbros replied mockingly. "By the end of this meeting you won't even remember I was here".

"All the more reason to enjoy myself while I'm here" The dragon replied.

"Alright that's enough" Tempus ordered. "Now Dreamer, care to explain what the fuss is all about?"

"Yes my dear, do enlighten us" Manaquire added.

"Um ok..." The unicorn replied. "Kodo is a character from a visul nove, call Hakuoki Stories of the Shinsengumi. The story is based on true events from 1864 to 1869 during a war to determine the goverment of Japan. The novel itslef focuses on kodo's daughter when she travel's to Kyoto to look for him after not hering from him in six months. When she rrives some stuff take place that result in her living with a group of samurai called who the Shinsengumi as they search for her father. Long story short you witness a war, there's a subplot about demons which is cool and it has multiple endings".

She stopped and looked upset.

"A lot of characters die because of the war and the water of life...A lot of people are killed on both sides of the battlefield..." She stated.

"I see, Kodo and his experiments were from a work of fiction on Earth, but the events are fact in this world and since you are now involved in the events you're afraid things will happen in order they did in the fiction you know, resulting in the possibility of you watching characters you respect die in real life" Tempus said.

"The water of life turns those who consime it into monsters? I'll have to look into an antidote" Carbros mused.

"I'll make sure the war doesn't happen, though that issue you mentioned about the demons could take its place as the main conflict" The vixen offered.

"And I'll keep the princesses up to date, I might be able to send that time pony your friends with a message too" Tempus stated.
Everyone turned to look at Manaquire.

"Fine I'll throw in my support as well, You can read, write and speak Japanese" Manaquire grumbled.

"Thanks guys, I kmow you're all busy and everything and I really do appreciate the help" Dreamer replied.

"You can choose to do something else if you like" Tempus added. "We're not forcing to go down this path".

"I know, but if i can use my knowledge to try and help the Shinsengumi, then why not?"

We now had a plan, and I was really glad I wasn't on my own this time. Since I had a general idea of what was to come I could do as I pleased as long as I didn't get myself killed.

My plan was to become a part of a group of rogue samurai who keep the peace in Kyoto and try to prevent, or at least lesson the amount of hardships they would face in the coming years.

At the same time I would try to stop Kodo from fulfilling the plans he hoped to achieve with the water of life.

I would save the Shinsengumi, I would stop Kodo. Or get myself killed in the process.

Two weeks later the boat arrived in Neighpon, I was shoved into a simple grey kimono and carted off to Kyoto...

Author's Note:

*The darkness is the manifestation of negative emotions into magical energy, this energy often gains s mind of its based on the emotions that created (a well-known example is Princess Luna turning into Nightmare Moon).

Another result is the power suppressing lighter emotions and often blinding the victim to obvious truths. the effect is emulated by the alicorn amulet.

Very few are capable of controlling this power, those who either use it for domination, or instead, like Dreamer Prose, merely appear to, choosing to become a villain to bring the better qualities in others and indirectly work for the greater good.

Dreamer's darkness is a double-edged sword, powerful, but due to being born of despair, will cause her pain with prolonged use.