• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 1,494 Views, 6 Comments

The Accident - Forgotten Tears



After an unfortunate accident, how far will Rainbow Dash be willing to go; in order to bring back her fillyhood friend?

  • ...
6
 6
 1,494

Chapter 1

A My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfiction

Chapter 1

The Accident

Twilight Sparkle was sitting at her desk in the upper level of her library, her horn glowed faintly purple as she wrote with a quill and a peice of parchment.

She sent the letter off to spike once it was neatly rolled and tied with a ribbon, Spike exhaled his fire breath and sent the letter on his way; neither of them said a word to eachother as Spike was calmly escorted out of the room. Twilight collapsed onto her bed and started crying, hours passed and she had fallen asleep from pre exaustion, she was woken up by a soft tapping on the door. She got up and walked her way over to the door, turning the handle with her magic; in the doorway stood Princess Cadance, Princess' Celestia and Luna and infront of them stood her brother Shining Armor.

The emotion was too much for her as she started crying again, rushing into her brothers chest and began crying harder than she ever has before. So much has happened in the last few hours that she barely noticed it was well passed midnight. Princess Luna dried her tears with a magically held hankerchief, "Please" She said motioning towards a love seat similar to what Rarity had in her studio. "Tell us what happened exactly." Princess Cadance said with a tear in her eye.

Cadance had only known Fluttershy for a small bit of time but admired her greatly, Twilight snorted as her brother held her closely. "It was just a harmless prank, she'd done it so many times before...Rainbow Dash was going to pull her usual lightning bolt prank on Spike...but there was a rogue bolt of lightning, it knocked over a torch pole and...it fell on Flutter..." She was on the verge of tears again, looking at her brother. "I'll be ok with time...but its Rainbow Dash i'm concerned for...She's been locked in Flutters cottage ever since the mayor and Apple Jack took Fluttershy out of her grasp..." Princess Celestia gave a look of endearment to Princess Cadance, "Go to the cottage and make sure that Rainbow hasn't done anything foolish." She said and Cadance was off in a flash of pink and purple magic.

Rainbow Dash just sat quietly in the dark cottage surrounded by only her memories of the only one she thought to be her "very special somepony" Her eyes were red with tears, thoughts of suicide raced through her mind. "It's all my fault...it's all my fault!!" She yelled over and over again in saddened rage, collapsed onto Flutters bed. "I'm so...so sorry, i wont ask for forgiveness for i know i don't deserve it." She cried, there was a faint popping sound as Discord appeared next to bed. "I just heard what happened." He said with a sad tone. "Fluttershy was the only pony who gave me a chance to be good, i didn't think i would like being good, but because of her i can be." He said drying Rainbows tears.

Rainbow Dash sat up on her haunches, and Discord set his claw hand on her hoof. "What if i told you there might be a way to bring her back? What would you be willing to give up?" Rainbow Dash set her hoof on his arm, "anything...everything...i just want to see her again...i..." "You love her, don't you?" Discord said cutting her off just as more tears welled up in her eyes. Rainbow nodded as the tears streamed down her face and landed on the comforter. "You may be able to bring her back as she was, but its a hard journey and it requires great sacrifice." Rainbow looked at him "I'll do anything...please you have to tell me." She exclaimed, "Go to your friend Zecora, there she has an object of great power hidden away; it's an Amulet that is said to bring the dead back to life."

Rainbow Dash nodded, "Ask her about this amulet and i have no doubt that she will help you; but to make this work you must give up half of your lifespan." Rainbow Dash rushed off and took to the air just as Cadance appeared and seen her fly off. Discord casually walked downstairs instead of using his magic to just appear in the living room. "Discord...what are you doing here?" He smiled mischivously "Oh just giving a friend some advice." He said before snapping his claws and disappearing into a cloud of smoke.

Rainbow Dash flew straight through the EverFree forest, no caring of the dangers; she'd risk life and limb to see her love again. RD landed infront of Zecora's doorstep and knocked, when the door opened Zecora had a puzzling look on her face. "Rainbow Dash...what brings you here in such a flash?" RD ran into Zecora's hooves, "please i need the amulet, the one with the power to bring back the dead; i'll do anything!" Zecora has a look of pure fright on her face, "Why do you need this amulet my dear friend? for any who have tried to use it, have only seen the dread" She said in her usual rhyming tone, "Its Fluttershy, its all my fault.

Zecora nodded and brought her in to sit by the large black pot she kept in the middle of the cottage. She began to mix a brew that glowed faintly of the color blue. "Drink this my friend and soon you will see, of the past and the future and soon you will be the judge; and if this love is true who am i to argue?" RD drank the bluish liquid and soon the images of all the times she spent with Fluttershy, both fun and romantic; even the moments leading up to her death. "Now i see Rainbow Dash, this love is truer than any i have seen in the past."

Zecora took out a small box that held a small figure of a pony, "But you must heed my warning, and heed it well...all who have used his token have only been broken...for death is a natural part of life." She continued, "And a part of it we must endure, for those we love we must be strong. If we're not then all of the land will fall into a deep darkness."

Rainbow Dash reached for the amulet, "but if your love is strong, and strong it must be; you will see your love on the shores of a shining sea." Rainbow Dash looked awe struck, "But there's a chance she can come back?" She asked, slowly taking hold of the small gold pony. Zecora smiled, simply nodding her head. "How do i use it?" Rainbow asked, "Just place the token near your love and think of your memories together; and if the darkness appears in your mind. Your love for Fluttershy will clear the sky."