• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,092 Views, 28 Comments

Cowponies - East Coast



A young Cowpony Looks to Rekindle a relationship with a certain abblebucker

  • ...
3
 28
 1,092

A long walk home

When I think Back on that first meetin...It makes me wonder. I mean if everythin happens for a reason, then what was this ones? I mean...I aint nevah been caught stealin 'fore then, I jus' slipped inta tha crowd with nopony the wiser but that time...I don know...I gotta find out though, itll kill meh if I don...Like I said, I work on Cheddah farm, I haul things. Hay, milk, cheese, timber, anything that needs liftin' or movin, Im the pony to go to. Miss Swiss is a fine lady, She's pretty, kind and knows a ponies limits but she don tolerate laziness. She knows yer limits an if you aint workin at em then ya mine-as-well pack yer bags. She been good ta me fer the years ive worked here, but I hope she undahstands why I gotta do this.
---

Cheddar Ranch, Present day

Six-string lifts several boxes of Fresh cheese onto a wagon drawn by four strong stallions with a dapper old Unicorn Inspecting the work

"Careful now~ Careful Now~ Don't Drop it~ I'm paying top bit for this shipment and I don't want it to end up like the last one~!"

>Goddess This Fella betta shut up 'fore I stop being gracious<

The Crates Slid Easily into the back of the wagon and the stallions had to Straighten up to handle the weight of their cargo, the Unicorn smiled and stroked his mustache with his hoof, pleased his shipment was loaded

"Ahh~ There's a good lad~ I'm glad to see you've straightened up your act from the last time I placed an order~! Now you're just an Illiterate Unicorn, not a complete waste of space~! Ohhohoho~!"

>Laugh it up yah posh fossil<

Six Smiled through the insults as he subtly twisted the bolts looser on the wagon

"No prolem Sir, Ifin that's it I bid yah good day. Got allot of Illiterate Unicorn warm work to do ya see an i'de like to get to it."

"Ohohoh~! Of coooourse that's right! You haul things around like a mule~! Ohhh How Amazed You must be with my higher education~! I feel Soo bad a Unicorn has to wallow in such thilth~! Here boy, have two bits- No take three~! Get yourself a book~!"

I bit mah lip hard keeping a smile, the last time this unicorn came by and placed an order he did the same thin. Back then, All I did was Buck his fancy wagon back down the road, wife still inside. That got me inta some trouble with Miss Swiss but it had been worth it. As it turns out this unicorn was one of the only buyers left in Cheddah Ranch Cheeses, apparently He grew up on it and no other cheese would do but that didnt stop him from paradin his ignorance about like a...well a parade.

"Oh thank ya kindly sir, I'll certainly do jus that. Now you have a safe ride ya hear? Them roads back ta cantlerlot are pretty rough round here."

"Ohhh I know~! I absolutely Neeeeed to find some pegasi to pull these wagons~! Oh yes that's right, you're a domestic...You see Pegasi is the plural, meaning multiple of, the word Pegasus. And a Pegasus is A flying pony~!"

"Ohhh wow sir~! I didn't know that~! Me an my Dumb self aint nevah met No pegusisis before~! Now you get on outa here an have a save trip."

"Will do young colt~! Thank you for the chance to educate A barbarian Like yourself~! Oh yes, a barbarian is-"

>THAT'S IT~!<

Six lifted the Unicorn onto his wagon hastily and gave a nod to the stallions who smirked and took off in a rush down the rough unmarked road to cheddar farms, as Six had told them to do the day prior while This unicorn and Miss Swiss Had talked Business

"AN GOOD RIDDANCE YA STUPID PIECE OF MONKEY SHIT!!!"

Six felt very good now, very very good. Proud of himself even, and all this was washed away with an angry yank of his tail. After a yelp of pain he turned to See Miss Swiss, a off yellow mare with a stringy brown mane giving him her infamous Stare

"Six...My office...Let's go..."

~~~~~~>>>

"Six Listen I'm not saying He doesn't Deserve it, luna knows he deserves it! But you cant do that! You just cant! Listen you're one of my last reliable hands, I wont fire you if you tell me whats up! I've noticed you've looked down for some time now, and don't lie to me!"

"...Ya ever have a special somepony Miss Swiss?"

"Yeah why...Ohhhhhhhhh....I get it...You're missing...Ahhh, that...makes allot of sense, Didnt she-"

"Eeyup...Element of Honesty an erything. Im just..."

Swiss sighed and embraced her Trusted farmhand, wrapping a hoof over his back and resting his head across her neck

"Honey, you need a break...Till you get this settled I dont want you on this farm."

"Wai-What?! I dont wanna leave Miss swiss! I mean jus cause I wanna see 'er don't mean I don-"

"Pup-pup! Not another word! I cant let you stay here! Heart-sick or not you're a liability! Plinko will be back to complain about what you just did and if you're here thatll make things worse! Go out there, solve this business, then haul flank back here. "

"Miss swiss..."

"C'mon, go pack your things. Ill give you the bits I owe you for this month and next and you'll be back in that time and I wont have to worry about you paying me back. Two months leave,two months pay."

Swiss went over to a picture on the wall and placed it on her desk revealing a Black safe behind it. She dialed in three numbers for the magical lock to click open and pulled out a size able bag of chinking coins, then she shut the safe and remounted the painting

"Here you go! There's a little extra in there just in case. Call it your Hearths day bonus."

Six picked the back up in his teeth and cracked a smile

"Tanks mers Swers"

"Honey dont talk with your mouth full."

Six rolled his eyes and lifted the back with magic

"Thanks miss swiss...Mighty kind of ya."

Six trotted out of the small office cabin and across a field, the cows grazed happily over a stretch of land that wasn't nearly what a cow should have for grazing but it was all they had now and the cows respected that. He waved to them and continued on to the Workers cabin, and by workers cabin he meant His cabin. He was the only resident worker. He looked around, admiring the simple comforts of a bed. He trotted over and pulled a saddle bag pair out from beneath his bed, loaded the Money into one bag, and a few flowers for the road into the other. The Only thing that belonged to him in the room was a guitar with a broken string, with an iconic apple cutiemark as frets. he floated it down and plucked a hair of his own and restrung it, strummed it and tuned it then slung it across his back.

"Gud bye little room of mine...Be back soon..."

Six trotted out of the cabin, past the cows, past the Office, past the Rough dirt path and down the virtually unused road that led up to the farm. He took a look back at the farm as the wind picked up and blew his mane in front of his eyes. It was dying. It didnt look entirely dead but soon.

"Be back soon..."

With that he started to trot down the road, heading towards the grand city in the distance. Phillydelphia.