• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 702 Views, 16 Comments

Shining Armor's Belated-Bachelor Party - Tugs Keng



Spike had finally done it…it might be late but he had done it. The party was ready and everything was planned out all the invitations were sent all he had to do now was get the guest and the party would be complete.

  • ...
2
 16
 702

Prologue

“You know Spike you don’t have to be doing this for me I’m technically not a bachelor anymore.” Shining Armor said to Spike although he knew it wouldn’t get him anywhere Spike was too upset about not doing his job the first time to give in.
“Of course I do it’s my assignment and I must be the one who completes it, plus Cadence is okay with it and so is Celestia, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t proceed.” Spike proudly pointed out making gestures with his claws as if to prove his point, he was glad he would get a chance to fix this mistake, as well as the fact that he was able to effectively use the word “proceed” in a sentences.
Shining Armor could only look sadly at the ground; Spike had a point, “As long as it is a small party we don’t need too many people.”
“Well...the thing is…” Spike nervously stammered in response to Shining Armor,
“You already invited half of Canterlot didn’t you,” groaned Shining Armor bringing his hoof up to his face. He didn’t know why he was surprised at that; he knew very well how overboard and carried away Spike could get. It was funny, to him at least, it kind of reminded him of how Twilight, his little sister, acted sometimes. Maybe she taught him that, or maybe this had nothing to do with Twilight and more to do with Spikes lack of observation towards, well, anything. Still, there’s getting carried away, and then there’s inviting half of an entire city to a single party.
“Awww, come on! It’ll be fun! It’ll in the hotel up there and then we have a planned list of all the places we are going to go.” Spike pointed to the hotel that was already spewing out multiple colors of the rainbow from it windows, and seemed to be shaking as if dancing to the music coming from it that one could hear from a block away
“You made the party mobile?!” shouted an already shocked Shining Armor his patience starting to wear thin.
“I know won’t it be great!” Spike squealed completely oblivious to the pain in Shining Armor’s outburst.
Shining Armor gritted his teeth in frustration as he just barley grumbled. “Where is it going?”
“Why, Ponyville of course! It has to be going there!” Spike was so excited he barely seemed capable of standing still.
“But… But… I don’t even know anypony in Ponyville other than my sister and her six friends!!!” Shining Armor’s eyes were wide with rage as smoke came out of his nostrils ‘This was too much, no this is entirely unnecessary. There is absolutely no reason to be going to Ponyville, to make this party mobile, or for it to have so many ponies going!’ He would’ve shouted that too if spike hadn’t interrupted his train of thought.
“But Twilight said it would be a good idea to bring the party to Ponyville,” Spike was still uncertain why Shining Armor was mad but did know now that he was mad.
This didn’t help Shining Armor’s state ‘Why does Twilight care were I go, didn’t Spike do this on my own, who else helped him! WHY, WHY, WHY!!!’ He didn’t respond to Spike for the longest time just stared and gritted his teeth as he tried to come up with an answer, but then he realized how pointless it would be to bring this up since most of it would go over Spike’s head.
“Alright Spike, let’s go in.” Shining Armor was defeated he could not combat the oblivious Spike.
“Alright, let’s party!” Spike wasn’t sure why Shining Armor was upset, but hoped that the party would cheer him up.

Shining Armor:

Inside the hotel’s lobby, Shining Armor could tell all of Canterlot, invited or not, was present. Shining Armor felt his knees start to go in as he entered the crowd only made him wish he was somewhere else even more. It was apparent that the DJ was, of course, Vinyl, and she was being louder than ever, maybe even louder than that. Shining Armor wish he could determine what the song was but he was never really sure how to tell the difference between her songs. The lights were going haywire flipping from one color to another, ponies were already too tired to keep dance and the party had just begun. Shining Armor knew that Spike had some help, but ,as he was shoving his way past the group in front of him, he couldn’t help but wonder who else ‘besides his sister of course’. His question was answered when he saw a familiar pink hue racing towards the entrance, and he knew it was impossible to avoid her now.
“OHMYGOSH!!! You made it! I wasn’t sure you would make it at first I thought you would be to busyorforgetor…” exclaimed the pink blur of sugar and excitement that he knew to be Pinkie Pie.
‘Pinkie. I should have known she was in charge of this party.’ Shining Armor thought wondering why he hadn’t guessed that sooner. Pinkie’s parties were notorious for fun and out of control madness (this madness being quite responsible for the fun), and matched Pinkie’s personality perfectly. The one thing that was weird to Shining Armor was that even for Pinkie this was a huge amount of partiers. In fact, there was so much guest that they shouldn’t have fit. His only guess was that the place was protected from running out of room by some elaborate spell, but whose?
“So Pinkie” waiting until she stopped talking, which took a while, “there is an awful lot of ponies here how is their enough room for all of them?”
“I know right for a while I didn’t even know what to do with all these ponies, luckily I was going for a walk down Canterlot and just wonder about what I should do when who should show up but Fancypants and then he invited me to a party, which got me thinking about…” Shining Armor decided he had nothing better to do so he would wait for the conclusion to Pinkie’s unnecessary long story to finish with.
“I got some help,” she said as she ended her story with a smile quite proud of the story.
Shining Armor stood slack jaw wondering why she just didn’t say that to begin with. He, wasn’t used to dealing with Pinkie Pie alone, because he always saw her with her friends. Which got him thinking about Ponyville, since apparently they would be going their soon, and if Twilight helped Spike then maybe just maybe... “Um, is anyone else here from…” he didn’t get to finish before she answered.
“Nope, Spike wanted to do this on his own, so he wanted as little help he could get, but he needed some help and Twilight’s books didn’t helpsohewenttoapplejackandIthoughtwhydidn’the cometome...”He lost her as she went on a rant that only Pinkie could follow. He chuckled at the idea of Twilight giving spike a book on Bachelor parties; no such book could possibly exist.
Finally Pinkie, finished “Well, I got go refill the punch again, bye!”And she was gone as quick as she appeared.
Shining Armor talked with some of his fellow guards, but it was kind of odd hang out with your captain/prince at a bachelor party post-marriage; this and plus it is kind of difficult to enjoy a party with your boss (especially after allowing an invasion to sneak in under their noses). This was only one of his problems the other problem was that a huge majority of the partiers wouldn’t leave him alone. Most of them he didn’t even know their name yet every time they saw him it was always “Hey Prince Shining Armor” or “Hey it’s the Bachelor,” and then they would approach him like they knew him forever. Most seemed to do it as if to brag to their friends about being buddies with such royalty, others were hoping for something in return. One he swore he was a wingman for simply by nodding his head at all of the questions his captor asked.
The worst were Fancypants and Fleur who seemed to be singling him out and each time they found him it was always to introduce him to somepony of the upper crust who invented the mane comber or something like that. He didn’t even know why they would come to such a party, Fancypants wearing a formal tux and had his mane combed fashionably and Fleur wearing a regal gown and also had her mane combed to perfection, both seemed too formal and out of place here. However, there was always a sense of awe around Fancypants that made you respect him where ever he went. This worked to Shining Armor’s advantage the crowd would always react to their presence and the group that followed Fancypants; this helped warn him of their coming, so he got use to avoiding them. He was considering talking to Pinkie again when he saw another familiar face; Big Macintosh.

“Big” was a good way to describe Big Macintosh. Even for an earth pony he was huge. Not only that, but capable of doing the work of seven common work ponies. He came from a farm that he and a small portion of his family ran. Apart from his size, he was also the eldest child of the Apple family, who owned the largest farm in Ponyville where the town got all of their apples from: Sweet Apple Acres. That wasn’t how Shining Armor knew Big Mac, however. Shining Armor knew him because of his little sister, Applejack, who also worked on the farm. He knew Applejack because she was friends with his younger sister. He also knew applejack from being in charge of preparing food for his wedding. She also helped a little more at that wedding, but that is another story. So he didn’t much know Big Mac as he had been told about Big Mac by Applejack. He recognized Big Mac because of his size, the dark red hue of his coat and the green apple half on his flank representing his special talent, whatever that was.
Seeing as this was the only person who he “knew” and who he thought he could have a good talk with, and since Big Mac seemed to be all alone, Shining Armor decided to talk to him and see if he could get a conversation going.
Big Mac:
Big Mac wasn’t glad to be here. He was playing with a cupcake Pinkie Pie left for him to eat roughly ten minutes ago. He was particularly obsessed with the apple in the cupcake. He was upset that Applejack had “encouraged” him to go to this party. And by “encourage” it meant being given the lecture of “you cannot just hang around the barn all day doing yard work! Why don’tcha go treat yourself to something social?” and then the eventually added “like going to that bachelor party for Shining Armor!” He didn’t want to be here though; he wanted to be at his farm he wanted to be left alone. He didn’t care if he didn’t have many friends; all he needed was his family and his farm, not this social garbage. As he saw Shining Armor, he got ready for the barrage of questions that everypony seemed to be asking him.
“So, great party,” Shining Armor, Said.
“Euyup,” replied Big Mac.
“Is the farm doing well?” Shining Armor said.
“Euyup,” said Big Mac.
“You doing well?”
“Euyup.”
“….”

“….”
“Did your sis make you come here?”
“Euyup.”
“Is AJ here?”
“Nope.”
“Are you enjoying yourself here?”
“Euyup.”
“Are you sure?” Shining Armor seemed pretty skeptical of the idea that Big Mac was enjoying himself here.
“Euyup.” Said Big Mac defiant to give Shining Armor a reason to keep asking questions
‘Now leave me be’ hoped Big Mac.
At this point Shining Armor realized that he wasn’t getting anywhere with this. ‘He is trying to get me to give more than a one word response’ realized Big Mac when Shining Armor didn’t leave. Suddenly, somepony else sat at the table. It was the pegasus who was talking to him earlier. His initial thought ‘why can’t they just leave and go enjoy the party’ then he realized how uncomfortable they were all being in the same boat of being forced to “have a good time”.
Soarin:
“Hey give it up. I tried to get him to talk a while ago, and trust me it is a losing battle. Isn’t that right?”
“Euyup.” Big Mac responded, feeling rather proud of himself.
Soarin, one of the famous Wonderbolts, was only here because the rest of his team had dragged him along with them. They said it had to do something about helping Soarin make friends outside the team. Either way, he would rather be practicing and racing through the sky with his teammates. He felt like he was being punished for his last attempt at the obstacle course with Fleetfoot, but he had apologized and swore it was an accident. He would rather stray away from the huge crowd and not worry about getting mobbed by his over obsessed fans, especially the cute mares who he suddenly would stutter in front of and turn a shade of deep red, so he stayed back with Big Mac, who was a quiet conversation partner, and being back here left him alone with his thoughts. Even though this is where he chose to be he needed, somepony to talk to who would give more than a one word answer, so he was glad to see Shining Armor “the Bachelor” appear.
“Wow, I’m surprised to see you not back at the academy training,” Shining Armor remarked he guessed that the Wonderbolts did an air show for the opening, but a lot of them liked to go back to the academy after most performances.
“Heh, yeah funny how that is,” of course he wanted to be back at the academy any reason to be soaring as fast as he could through the air.
“Well at least you are enjoying the party, right.” Shining Armor hoped for another pony not enjoying this party.
“Sure am!” Soarin replied with a smile completely misinterpreting Shining Armor’s question. ‘As if I could enjoy this party’ Soarin thought as he looked around spotting all the Wonderbolts that stayed, he had been keeping an eye on them ever since he got back here. He didn’t like how they were behaving; they seemed to think that simply being a Wonderbolt meant they were allowed to look down on any pegasus who wasn’t as quick as them. He had half a mind to go over there and talk to them, and the other half was telling him to report this later to Spitfire.
‘I should go over there since he knew if I reported it to Spitfire she would go on about how they are new and just want to stretch their wings out and let them enjoy this while they can, and blah, blah, blah, and isn’t an excuse. There is a way a Wonderbolt should act and it is not how they are currently acting, they should know that before they join.’ He didn’t realize he was getting visibly angry while he thought this and it was a shock to him as much as Big Mac and Shining Armor when he slammed his hoof on the table.
Shining Armor was quick to notice where Soarin was staring, and after taking a look he just seemed to give a knowing smile “Do you want me to go and talk to them?”
Soarin was shocked that Shining Armor noticed, gathering himself he replied “Na, they probably wouldn’t listen anyway, besides it’s their first night on town let them enjoy it,” he frowned as he said it.
“Well” Shining Armor noticed the frown “they might not listen to me but they might listen to Big Mac here,”
“Euyup” Big Mac stood up as he said it moving the table and knocking the cupcake he was playing with for the past hour on to the floor.
Soarin fell to the floor with laughter as Big Mac gingerly picked up the apple slice from the remains of his cupcake and put it back on the table.

‘Big Mac and Shining Armor, I guess there is always worse company,’ thought Soarin. Honestly he was glad, it was nice to find some other ponies to talk to. Better yet it seemed none of them wanted to be at the party either, so they had that in common. This was defiantly not bad company. Suddenly Soarin saw something that made him realize bad company was on the way.
Blueblood:

“Shining Armor might you do something to control this dreadful soiree. Somepony has already almost ruined my mane and I can’t stand all these commoners. I would expect a classier from one of royalty, but I guess you weren’t always born royal. Fear not, new prince, you will soon get used to it,” Blueblood just couldn’t understand how such a chaotic event could be considered a party.
Gritting his teeth an anger boiled within Shining Armor, he knew who it was without turning around. “Why Prince Blueblood! What brings you here?”
The question really didn’t need answering. Fancypants always has a bit of a posse following him around, and Blueblood of course couldn’t turn down such an invitation from someone as regal and importan as Fancypants, so here he was at his brother in law’s (or something like that its complicated), belated-bachelor party. He spent most of his time around high class; anything low would be awful (in his sense), which is why he only came when Fancypants invited him. Of course Shining Armor was part of royalty now so he would have to help him out.
“Shining Armor I realize that you use to be a member of the royal guards, but you are a prince now and you must act in such a manner as to reflect a line of royalty.”
Shining Armor was ready to turn around and deck him. ‘It would be easy just one solid hit from my hoof and he would be on the floor crying.’ Unfortunately Blueblood was family and he shouldn’t fight family.
Blueblood didn’t stop talking “The first thing you have to do is realize and embrace your superiority no more talking to the common rabble, and certainly no more making your own meals, or cleaning your house or…”
Big Mac and Soarin stared in awe more concerned of what Shining Armor might do if Blueblood wouldn’t stop talking. Shining Armor finally turned and gave Blueblood a look that seemed to finally shut him up.
Blueblood didn’t understand Shining Armor’s anger after all he was just trying to help him be a better prince and portray the idea of royalty.


Spike:

Spike had somehow gotten himself separated from Shining Armor in the crowd. He had no idea where he was in the party, or how he got to where he was currently. He decided that the best thing he could do was head toward the bar and get a bearing on where he was and maybe find Shining Armor.
“Hi!!!”
“GAHH!” Yelled Spike, as he jumped as high as he could only to land several feet away, he never saw Pinkie coming.
“Oh, sorry Spike. I didn’t mean to startle you,” Pinkie apologized, upset that she had made him jump that far back.
“Don’t worry about it,” Spike said dusting himself off. “By the way have you seen Shining Armor anywhere?”
“Oh yeah that’s right! I was told to bring him and his friends some punch while they were in the back, but not just any punch superdooperterrificamazingpunchgiventomebythehostofthepartyin adarkandmysteriouscorrner,” Pinkie said in one breath.
“Uh, okay,” Spike didn’t quite get all of that, but he did now notice the tray of punch pinkie had with her. “So, could you lead me to Shining Armor?”
“But they are right over there, silly!” Pinkie pointed to them in the back, how Spike hadn’t seen them before he had no idea how he could have missed all four of the ponies over there in the back away from everything. “OH OH OH! They are playing pin the tail on the pony over there! Spike, can you take these drinks over to Shining Armor and his friends? Because somepony’s tail needs pinning!!!”
And before Spike could even mutter okay, Pinkie disappeared, leaving the drinks in free-fall. Spike just managed to catch the drinks in his claws, stopping them from spilling out on floor. ‘Something feels wrong here’ Spike first thought, but no matter how hard he scratched his head, he couldn’t think of what it might be, so he figured it wasn’t worth worrying about. ‘How bad could it be?’
Shining Armor was the first to notice Spike’s approach, and quickly waved him over to where he and the rest of his new companions were located. “Spike! There you are! I was just wondering where you wandered off to.” Especially since any new company was better than Blueblood “Wait, what’s with the drinks?”
“Oh, right, Pinkie told me to get these drinks to you,” said Spike proudly. Serving drinks was one thing Spike knew he could do.
“She did?” Shining Armor asked, a little surprised that Pinkie would do such a thing.
“Yeah,” Spike said and put the tray on Big Mac’s table, which was now everyone’s table.
“Well that was kind of her,” mused Shining armor. The others nodded agreeing; none of them wanted to go back into the crowd to get refreshments.
“Well, then here is a toast to a great night, err, a better night!” Shining stated and raised his glass.
“Alright” “Okay” “Eyup”
“Do we have to drink this common beverage,” whinnied Blue Blood.
“Shut up and toast,” replied Soarin
After their toast and their punch they had a night that none of them would ever remember, and none of them could ever forget.
Ω Ω Ω
From the only vacant corner in the party, a mysterious hooded stranger watched the group from the back in a dark corner “Did they get my drinks?” the stranger asked.
“Yessirei!” Smiled Pinkie as she hopped on by.
‘Good’ thought the stranger ‘there might be some fun to be had at this party yet’. At last it seemed playing host and providing the magic for this party was providing some benefit.