• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 8,143 Views, 180 Comments

Where Was Spike? - powerpony



A few one shots of where Spike was in the episodes where he was absent.

  • ...
12
 180
 8,143

Flight to the Finish

Spike looked out the window of the train with the biggest smile on his face. He was just so excited about where the train was headed. Rainbow Dash had told him about how she was heading to the Crystal Empire to help all the young fillies and colts with their routines for the completion where the winner got to carry the flag for the Equestria Games. Spike had begged Rainbow Dash to take him along and she was more than happy to bring him. She thought of it as a way to make up for Spike not being invited to the Empire when she and her friends went there to welcome Ms. Harshwhinny.

All of a sudden, the train made a sudden stop, causing Spike to fall out of his seat. When he got up, he saw Rainbow Dash opening up a back door and telling Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle to follow her.

“Rainbow Dash, what’s going on?” Spike asked as he walked up to the blue Pegasus.

“Sorry Spike, but I have to get Scootaloo,” said Rainbow Dash. “Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle told me that she is feeling self-conscious about herself and didn’t want to come. I have to go try and convince her. I’ll meet you at the stadium.”
Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle then jumped out of the train and made their way back to Ponyville.
Spike was about to go back to his seat when he heard someone say:

“Sorry you can’t make it! We’ll send you a photo from the winner’s circle!”
This was soon followed by a mean sounding laugh.
Spike turned to where he heard the voice and saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon calling out the two fillies from an opened window. Spike was not too happy at what he just heard.

“Haven’t you two heard of the saying ‘If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all?’” he asked them.

“Whatever,” said Diamond Tiara. “The point is that with those three blank flanks out of the way, we’re a shoe in to win the contest.”
The two fillies then did their famous “Bump, Bump, Sugar lump, rump” dance before giggling away.
Spike made his way back to his seat and thought about how awful Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were. Although, it wasn’t the first time they did something mean. Spike remembered the Cutie Mark Crusaders talking about all of the bullying Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had been putting them through. Like how they constantly make fun of them for not having cutie marks, or when Diamond Tiara became the editor for the school newspaper and forced the CMC to write hurtful gossip about their friends, even going as far as to blackmailing them with embarrassing photographs if they quit. But the worst, in Spike’s opinion, was when Granny Smith came to the school for Family Appreciation Day and Diamond Tiara called her a “Kooky old lady” in front of the whole class. Spike had never heard of anything so disrespectful. The more he thought about it, the more Spike wanted to make the two fillies pay for all of the terrible things that they had done.

When the train made it to the Crystal Empire, Spike got off and made his way to the stadium. When he went inside, he saw all of the young foals practicing their routines. Some of them included jumping through hoops, fancy dances and even a few scooter tricks.
Just then, Spike saw Rainbow Dash in the center of the arena, along with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and, on her scooter, Scootaloo.

“Looks like you three beat me here,” Spike said as he walked up to his friends.

“It was easy. What with this little speedster here,” said Rainbow Dash as she ruffled Scootaloo’s mane.
Spike then walked up to Scootaloo with a look on concern on his face.

“Rainbow Dash told me about how you were thinking of not coming here,” he said. “What happened?”

“I was just feeling sorry for myself,” said Scootaloo with a sad look on her face, which quickly turned into a look of anger. “Thanks to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.”
Those two names pierced through Spike’s heart like a hot poker. He had a feeling that those two fillies had something to do with this.

“What did those little brats do this time?” he asked Scootaloo.

“They tried to make me feel like I was a loser just because I can’t fly yet. But that doesn’t matter now. Rainbow Dash was able to talk me back into coming here and I am so ready for this competition.”
She then turned to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

“Now let’s win this thing!”
The three fillies all cheered as they ran off to go practice their routine.

Spike had a little smile on his face as he saw the CMC run off, but it soon disappeared when he saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon practicing some sort of dance. He couldn’t believe that the two would do something so cruel to poor Scootaloo. This was even worse than when Diamond Tiara disrespected Granny Smith. Just even thinking about it made Spike sick to his stomach.
He then saw Ms. Harshwhinny on her way to a small stage when he knew he had to do something about this whole thing. He then quickly ran up to her and called out.

“Ms.Harshwhinny! I need to talk to you.”

“Oh, hello, Mr. the Dragon,” Miss Harshwinny said. “Is this important? Because I really need to get to the stage. The judging is about to begin.”

“Yes. It is really important.”
And Spike told Ms. Harshwhinny everything.

After announcing the winners, Miss. Harshwhinny was about to leave the stadium when she heard “Hold it right there!” from behind her. She turned around and saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walking towards her, and judging by the looks on their faces, they were not very happy.

“We demand to know why we didn’t win,” said Diamond Tiara.

“Yeah, we had the best routine ever,” said Silver Spoon.

“Well, your routine was quite interesting,” said Ms. Harshwhinny. “But I couldn’t let you win. Not after hearing about what you did to poor Scootaloo.”

The two fillies were shocked at what they just heard.

“Who told you about that?” Diamond Tiara asked.

“That would be me,” said a voice from behind the two.
They both turned around to see Spike glaring back at them.

“Scootaloo told me what you said to her,” he told them. “So I decided to tell Ms. Harshwhinny about it to make sure you didn’t win.”
Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon both let out small gasps before looking back at Ms. Harshwhinny, who had a look of disgust on her face.

“Making fun of a young filly who cannot fly. I have never heard anything so cruel in all my life. You two should be ashamed of yourselves.”

“You got that right,” said Spike before glaring at the two fillies again. “I think you two owe Scootaloo an apology.”

“Oh, please,” Diamond Tiara scoffed. “We’re not apologizing to that lame blank flank.”

“I wasn’t asking,” said Spike. “Go and apologize to Scootaloo. Now!

“Make us,” said Silver Spoon.
A smug smile suddenly appeared on Spike’s face.

“Okay. Since you’re being so polite about it.”
And before Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon could do anything, Spike grabbed them both by the ears and dragged them away. Ms. Harshwhinny held her hoof over her mouth to cover up her laughter due to the sight she saw.

Back at the stage, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were chatting away about their recent win but were soon speechless when they saw Spike coming towards them while dragging Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon by the ear.

“Scootaloo, these two have something they would like to say to you,” said Spike before looking at the two fillies he was holding. “Go on. Say it.”

“I’m not saying it,” said Diamond Tiara before letting out a small shriek of pain as Spike twisted her ear. “Ow! Okay! Okay! Scootaloo, we are sorry.”

“We had no right to make fun of your wings,” said Silver Spoon.
Spike then let the two bratty fillies go and watched as they rubbed their ears.

“Listen carefully, you two,” he said. “If I ever catch you making fun of Scootaloo again, or any other pony for that matter, you’re going to be very sorry.”

“Oh yeah? What are you going to do?” asked Diamond Tiara.
Spike tried to think of a good reply to that when Sweetie Belle walked up to him and whispered something in his ear. Spike’s smug smiled reappeared as he looked at both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon right in the eyes.

“I will tell your parents.”
Upon hearing that, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had looks of sheer terror on their faces.

“No please! Anything but that!” said Diamond Tiara.

“We’ll be good! We promise!” said Silver Spoon.
The two fillies then ran off as Spike let out a small chuckle.
Scootaloo then walked up to the young dragon and wrapped her front leg around him.

“Thanks Spike,” she said.

“No problem, Scootaloo,” said Spike. “Just remember, if those two are giving you a hard time again, just come to me. I’ll help you out.”

“I promise,” said Scootaloo as she pulled Spike into a hug with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle soon joining in.