• ...
61
 811
 14,385

Culture Shock

The group of men all stood there, the last remnants of their laughs dying away as Camron turned back to Ben, and said, “Hey bud, glad to see you going out some more. Maybe you’ll get your name around, and we’ll be going out a lot more on occasions like this.” Camron reached up to pat him on the shoulder and added, “Maybe you’re not such a shut-in after all. Anyway... why did we come out here? You’re not one for eating out.”

Ben just grunted, shrugging his massive shoulders, and replied, “Well, we need some new equipment. The treadmills are out of commission ever since the ‘incident’ with Doug and his Kool-aid. I don’t think I can go on much longer without them.”

The group shuddered, remembering the aftermath of what used to be Doug’s afternoon drink... with a supersoaker.

“That’s why I’m here,” sighed Ben. “And you’re coming with me because you’re the condo’s sugardaddy. I’m gonna need some help paying for this stuff. I’m broke.” He ended this with a glare, directed at Doug.

Camron intercepted Ben’s gaze by stepping between him and Doug, saying to Ben, “Don’t worry about it, mate. You shouldn’t feel bad at all. What are friends for?”

Ben just sighed and walked down the hallway, towards the equipment shop, ‘Muscles and Weights’. Camron shrugged and scurried in after him, struggling to keep up with Ben’s larger strides.

Marcus sighed at the retreating duo. He scratched the back of his neck and turned to Doug. “Seeing as how you already made some trouble earlier, I guess you’ll have to stick with me while I make my patrol.”

Doug groaned in protest and crossed his arms. “Man... you gotta admit it was funny at the time! I mean... who knew that Kool-aid was so sticky! It was all OVER the place.” He giggled to himself, basking in the memories of what he would call a productive day. A single look at Marcus’s venom-filled expression cut his flashback short. He sighed deeply. “OK, I’ll go with you...” Dejectedly, Doug followed after Marcus.

Isaac turned to face the remainder of the group. “You guys have anything else to say, or are we done? The mall holds no attraction for me. Too much noise.” Everyone else just shrugged, and Isaac nodded in response. “Alright, well, if y’all need me, I’ll be at the park. I’m out.” He turned on his heels and walked off, one hand raised lazily to say goodbye.

Kyle looked to Ryan, who just nodded with a twinkle in his eye. As they walked away, a big grin grew on Kyle’s face. “So, Ryan... Wanna hear a story from my days in Mock Trial?”

Ryan’s eyes shone with anticipation, and for a moment, he stopped shuffling his cards. “Hmm... let me just have a thi- YES.”

Kyle took in a deep breath and started talking, “Did I ever tell you about that time where I busted my coffee cup from slamming it on the desk too hard?” Their conversation faded out over the drone of the other people in the mall.

Only Coal and Kasper remained, unsure of what to do next. “Listen Coal, buddy. How long has it been since you’ve had a break?” Kasper asked with a raised eyebrow.

Coal simply turned his head towards him, “Well, I just had one,” he stated. He pointed to the tie hanging loosely around his neck, and the button at his collar that was undone.

Kasper began shaking his head and waving his hands, his headphone wires flailing around madly. “Nonononono, a real break! Not just a stop at Starbucks. You need to loosen up man, else you’ll die before your time!” He said in an overly dramatic tone.

Coal groaned and rubbed his bearded face. “Fine... Where d’ya wanna go?”

Kasper’s usual smile turned into one of his trademark grins. “Oh, I know just the place! TO THE ARCADE!” He yelled that last part while throwing his fist in the air. The sudden outburst attracted the attention of several random bystanders, who shook their head and continued on their way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the parking lot of the mall, Twilight and Pinkie Pie both woke up. They rubbed their heads, fighting the waves of dizziness. The two Equestrians didn’t recognize where they were at first.

Pinkie looked around and asked, “Oh hey Twi- Twilight? Is that you?”

They took a moment to take in their new bodies. Twilight was of a slim build with a slight olive hue to her skin. She retained her indigo hair and pink highlights, but her coat of fur was gone. She now wore a purple polo shirt with a black skirt. Simple black flats adorned her feet. Pinkie, on the other hand, wore a pink sweater with a white collared shirt underneath. She had white shorts and wore bubblegum pink converses.

Twilight grinned with a twinkle in her eye. “It worked! I can hardly believe it! I mean, this is just like what it said in the books, but WOW! Living it is sure different than I expected. This all feels so natural!” Twilight observed her new fingers by wiggling them with a silly smirk plastered across her face.

Pinkie looked down and observed herself as well by twirling in a circle. “Wowie! Twilight? Where are we? And where’s everypo- Everybody else?” Pinkie smiled at the opportunity to use such a strange word without causing confusion.

Twilight dusted off her skirt, and gave the area a quick scan. Her eyebrows shot up. “Um... To be completely honest, I have no idea. I was aiming for us to arrive in the mall, but it looks like we were separated. Everyone should be fairly close by.” She looked back to Pinkie, who had somehow climbed on top of a street light despite having never possessed fingers before. “Pinkie, what are you doing?”

Pinkie put her hand up to shield her eyes from the sun, adopting the characteristic I’m-on-a-pole-and-I’m-searching position. “Having a little lookie-loo... Hey! Look! That’s the mall over there! What if the Man 9 are in there?”

Twilight grinned, and looked towards the mall. She didn’t recognize it from ground level; she’d never seen it at that angle before. “Well then, Pinkie... Allons~y!”

“Heehee! That’s not a bad Kyle impression, Twi!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AJ and Vinyl both shot up from their seats. They were, apparently, sitting at a table in a restaurant.

Vinyl was the first to speak. “AJ? Is that you?” She peered at the tanned, blonde woman sitting across from her, wearing an orange checkered shirt with jeans. Her signature Stetson still sat stubbornly atop her head, though it sat a little lower now without pony ears holding it up.

“Vinyl?” The blonde woman’s eyebrows shot up at the question. Her DJ friend was now a pale, thin woman, though she still supported her characteristic neon blue hair. She now wore a white tank top with black cargo pants. Her sunglasses came through the transformation untouched, along with the addition of headphones around her neck.

Vinyl Scratch nodded in affirmation of her identity. “This is so awesome; I can’t believe it actually worked!” She looked around, then gasped in realization. “We’re in a McDonalds! That must be what I’m smelling! It smells weird, but not really bad.”

“Uh... Well, yeah, it is kinda interestin’ I guess,” AJ looked around as well. “Ah’ reckon we’re here, but where the hay- I mean, where the hell is everyone else?”

Vinyl tipped her glasses down, and looked around. Failing to see any of her friends, or any of the Man 9, she pushed them back up onto her nose. “I dunno. Should we go looking? I mean, we don’t even know the layout of this place or anything... Then again, we could meet someone from the show.” She said, ending with a small squee.

“Well...” With the help of her brand new hands, AJ removed her Stetson and gave her head a scratch. “Ah’m OK with that... Where should we look first?”

Vinyl shrugged, and started out of the fast food joint, AJ in tow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash stretched her arms and yawned, scratching just below her armpit. She looked around, noticing a woman starting to stir next to her; a woman with long, curly purple hair... “Holy buck! Is that you, Rarity?”

Unperturbed by Rainbow’s outburst, Rarity stood up, and began dusting off her dress and fiddling with her hair. “Yes, Darling... Where is everyone else? And where are we?” Hangers and discarded pieces of clothing littered the small room they were in, which gave them the impression that they were in the dressing room of a clothing store.

Rainbow Dash glanced about the room again. “Uh... They’re all gone, aren’t they? That could be a bit of a problem.”

Rarity let out a small, satisfied sigh, content with the condition of her hair. “Well, obviously. We should start looking for them. It would give us an opportuni- Oh my goodness! Look at these clothes!” Exclaimed Rarity, as she stepped out of the room with Rainbow Dash, moving towards the nearest clothing rack of dresses.

Rainbow Dash grabbed her by the back of her collar before she made a mad dash into the store. “Easy there, girl. We’ve still gotta find everyone else. Besides, we don’t have any money.”

Rarity’s expression darkened a bit, but she livened back up in a matter of seconds. “Yes. Right. So... Shall we?”

“Yeah! Hold on, I’ll just fly up and try to find something from the show-” She looked at her back, and noticed the lack of wings. “Oh. Right. Uh... Lets walk, then?”

The whole time, the store clerk was staring at them in bewilderment, shocked at the sight of two women walking out of a dressing room together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra awoke to the soft sound of music playing over speakers. She looked herself over a bit. She was wearing a mint green flannel over a white t-shirt, and worn, stonewashed jeans, with a few small holes at the knees. “Oh... My... Celestia. Girls-” But, when she looked around, she only saw Ditzy, who was wearing a grey hoodie with a lighter gray shirt underneath. Simple blue jeans completed her outfit. “Oh... Well, Ditzy! We’re really here! Look! I’m a person! Hands and all!” She held her hands in front of her face, eyes shining with glee.

“But where’s everyone else?” Ditzy’s good eye scanned the room, the other getting a good look at the wall next to her. “Where are we, anyways?”

Lyra shrugged and pushed open the door, revealing a store with musical instruments and equipment adorning the walls and shelves. The store itself looked to be in the mall, judging by the fact that the windows at the front showed a large hallway with a vast amount of people milling about. What she saw next almost made her squeal out of sheer joy.

Humans were all over the shop.

She knew there would be people, but the sight of them still made her transition into fangirl mode.

“Ditzy... We’re not just on Earth... We’re in Heaven.”

Ditzy pushed past Lyra to see. “I don’t see any muffins, though...”

Lyra facepalmed, but slowly started to giggle. “I just facepalmed... I really just facepalmed... This is so awesome!” Her giggles slowly became laughter, but she managed to calm herself down before making a scene. “OK, Ditzy, how about we start looking for everyone else. I mean, who knows where they are?”

Ditzy wasn’t listening. She was too busy staring at the flashing lights across the way saying “ARCADE.” She looked at Lyra with pleading eyes. “Can we check it out?”

Lyra looked down at her hands, her grin growing into that creepy, obsessive smile.

“Sure! It’ll give me a chance to test these babies out!” She wiggled her fingers, letting out a small squee before following Ditzy to the arcade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fluttershy’s eyes flitted open to be graced by the sight of sunlight peeking through the leaves of a green forest. When she looked down, she practically fainted. She now was a human, wearing a loose yellow sweater and capris. White shoes were now where her back hooves used to be.

The human body still surprised her, even though she was expecting a new form. Fluttershy took a moment to get a feel for her hands, which shockingly didn’t take her very long, and then surveyed the area around her for her friends, but found that she was alone. Panic began to settle in as she realized that she was by herself in a place she didn’t know. She was lost. She had no idea what to do. Her friends could be nearby, or they could be in a completely different area.

At this point, two humans happened to be walking by, and she thought it would be best to ask where the mall was. She just hoped she didn’t make a fool of herself in front of her first humans! ‘Get your act together, Fluttershy. It shouldn’t be difficult to ask for directions.’

Fluttershy stood up and tried to get a feel for her new body. Again, it felt natural to her. She took a deep breath and took a few steps towards the two humans. ‘Not too difficult, this may be easier than I thought! I bet they’re really nice and welcoming people!’ She summed up enough courage and had to speed up her pace to catch up to the humans, who had passed her while she was getting a feel for her new body.

She jogged up to a particularly big looking one and poked him on the shoulder. “Umm... Hel-”

“WHAT?”

Fluttershy jumped back a few feet in shock at the outburst. When the man actually took a good look at her, he seemed to smile in satisfaction of his intimidation. Fluttershy was having a huge issue trying to compose herself, and that smile wasn’t helping.

“I... um... I just would... like to know where might the mall be?” Fluttershy said in a low voice.

“Are you dumb, girl? We’re right beside the mall!” He said, raising his voice. Tears were beginning to appear in her eyes. She sniffed and tried to keep talking, but it was already becoming more difficult each passing second.

“I... just... I’m new...” She squeaked, trying to hide her eyes. He and his friend noticed the tears immediately.

“Well, you should have brought a map! Seriously, if you’re a tourist, it’s not that hard to get a map!” The big human shouted. Fluttershy couldn’t take anymore of this, and ran off into the woods where she first found herself. She felt like she did when all the other pegasi were ridiculing her because she couldn’t fly. She just wanted to cry and go back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“... So then I slammed my coffee down again, but the mug shattered, and my coffee was everywhere.” Kyle was in the middle of his story, a big grin on his face. He and Ryan were sitting in the food court at the center of the mall, natural light filtering in through the sunroof.

“So what happened next?” Ryan leaned in a bit, excited.

“So,” Kyle started making hand gestures to add drama. “I give the guy my ‘you’ve got ten seconds to live’ look, and he looks like he’s about to piss himself. So you know what I do?”

Ryan tilted his head, a crazy smile on his face. “Objection?”

Kyle shook his head. “No, not just objection my friend...” He slammed his hands down on the table, and yelled as loudly as he could. “OBJECTION!”

AJ and Vinyl, along with the majority of the people in the food court, looked towards the source of the shout. The two girls, recognising the voice, looked at each other, both of them knowing what to do.

“We gonna go looking for him?”

AJ grinned, and tipped her hat back. “Do ya’ even have t’ ask?”

Ryan started laughing, both he and Kyle ignoring the stares they were getting. “And then, I started showing all of this evidence to disprove his entire theory, thus derailing his whole case.”

Ryan slowly calmed down, and wiped a tear out of his eye. “So then what happened?”

“Well, I-” Kyle stopped, sensing someone’s eyes upon him. He turned around in his chair, and saw two girls, big smiles on their faces. One was blonde, with a long ponytail and a stetson, an orange shirt with a red check pattern, and jeans. The other had neon blue hair, with a few streaks of lighter blue, headphones, purple sunglasses, a white tanktop, and black cargo pants.

Ryan followed Kyle’s gaze, and looked at the two girls, confused.

“Uh... Dia dhuit?” He asked in Irish. The girls' eyes seemed to widen at his words.

Kyle sighed, and shook his head. “What he means is, can we help you?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey. Hey Marcus. Hey. Hey. Hey Marcus.” Doug kept repeating himself, poking Marcus on the shoulder with each “hey.”

“WHAT?!” Marcus spun and glared daggers at Doug.

“Hi~” Doug started giggling like an idiot, whereas Marcus clenched his fists, and started shaking with rage.

“I swear, Doug, if you keep this up, I’m gonna taze the SHIT out of you. Screw abuse of authority!” He almost growled as he made the empty threat.

Doug’s eyes widened, and he started stammering, trying to apologize the only way he knew how. “Uh- Well- Erm- I- Pancakes- Sorry!”

Marcus rubbed his face. “It’s fine... Just stop being an idiot for for 5 fuckin’ seconds, OK?”

Doug sighed. “OK~...” He then looked at his watch, following its hands. “Five, four, three, two-” Marcus slapped him across the back of his head. “Ouch! Fine, jeez... Spoilsport.”

Marcus opened his mouth to say something, but someone interrupted him.

“OhmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmyGOSH!” A girl with rainbow hair, a blue zip-up sweatshirt with a white t-shirt underneath and tight jeans, had her hands on the sides of her head, and was staring at Marcus and Doug like they were made of pure gold. The girl’s friend, a taller woman, with long, curly, purple hair, wearing a white blouse, a black silk skirt, and high heels was looking them over, a look of admiration in her eyes.

“Wow, Marcus,” Doug whispered. “I know you’ve been a mall cop for a while, but I didn’t know you had a fan club! Being a mall cop must give you some...” His eyes moved from the purple haired woman’s head, settling on her chest. ”... Benefits~”

“Doug, shut up right now, or I’ll put my fist where your words are...”

“Sorry, Ben already said he was going to do that! Maybe some other time?” Doug put on his best trollface, making Marcus all the angrier.

“My my, you two are quite the energetic ones, aren’t you?” The purple-haired woman had a posh, yet not quite smug smile. More gentle than anything else.

“Uh, yes ma’am, I suppose you could say that... now, is there anything I can help you with?” Marcus crossed his arms behind his back, switching to his serious, on-the-job mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coal sat down at one of the joint-machines; two machines joined at their backs, designed for two-player competitions. Coal was playing Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3 with some other person whom he couldn’t see. He chose Dr. Doom, the other player, Phoenix Wright.

“Now Coal, I know the situation is looking real bad right now. But you must ‘feel’ the machine! Be the machine! Be... You’re so losing this match...” Kasper said with his usual gaming-enthusiasm. Coal was on a pretty bad losing-streak at the moment.

Coal scowled. “Shut up, Kasper.”

“Fine...” He said dejectedly, while mumbling something along the lines of “Hell’s bells” under his breath.

The next match started, and at first, it seemed like Coal was winning, that was, until the other player gathered three pieces of evidence, and was ready to object. Coal started gritting his teeth. “Dammit... Don’t you dare object-”

“OBJECTION!” Blasted from the machine’s speakers.

“OH COME ON!” Coal pounded his fist on the controls, but kept trying to play. “Uh, maybe if I just try not to let him get me into an air combo...”

The machine let out another voice. “Air combo!”

Coal almost screamed. His character was thrown into the air, and then...

“The one who ACTUALLY committed the crime...” The sound of hands slamming onto a desk rang from the speakers. “IS YOU!”

“WORDS!” Coal leaned back in his chair, and let out an exasperated sigh.

“Whoever you’re playing against must be a damn pro!” Kasper let out an amused chuckle, as he leaned to the side to have a look at Coal’s opponent. Coal did likewise, fully knowing he had already lost this round.

“No way...” Coal’s eyes widened when he saw a cross-eyed, blonde girl staring back at him, a happy smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben and Camron had decided to split up inside the store. Ben was looking around the various aisles, lost in the land of hardcore fitness, while Camron took the liberty of flagging a clerk. Bobbing and weaving through various aisles, Camron searched deliberately for any sign of life to assist him.

Or any woman he could pick up. Either was good.

Suddenly, he spotted a young woman with indigo hair, a single streak of pink running down the center, a purple polo shirt with a black skirt. Her friend, standing beside her, had puffy pink hair, a pink sweater with a white collared shirt underneath, and white cargo shorts. He approached the girls, a smile across his face.

“Hello ladies. Would you mind coming with me and my friend over there,” He points to Benjamin, who was flexing in a mirror, “to dinner this evening?”

Twilight took one look at who it was... And fainted. Pinkie caught her, and started giggling uncontrollably. “Teehee! Sorry, my friend is a bit shy. But I’d love to take you up on your offer! I mean, I’m pretty hungry, and you seem like a nice guy, so I don’t see why not- Oh my gosh! I need to get my friend here a place to lie down until she wakes up!”

Camron whistled, and beckoned to Ben, who turned around and noticed the now-fainted young woman. Silently walking over, he reached down and picked up Twilight in his arms, positioning his biceps behind her kneecaps and her shoulders, saying, “Wow. Two minutes. That’s a new record. Did you at least get her name first...?” The Ex-boxer trailed off as the still conscious woman started giggling and bouncing up and down with such a velocity that she seemed to vibrate uncontrollably.

Ben just looked at Camron with a face that said, ‘what have you gotten us into this time’ as the young woman with curly hair continued to bounce up and down violently. The young woman in Ben’s arms roused from her faint, only to find her face smothered in the large pectoral muscle that Ben was using as a makeshift pillow for her head. Jerking her head back with a violent blush, she looked up at Ben, who gave her a smile. She automatically fainted. Again.

Camron rubbed at the back of his head and chuckled awkwardly. “So...What’s your name, miss?”

The curly-haired woman stopped abruptly, and her face scrunched up for a second, almost in extreme thought. She suddenly said, “Oh, right! My name is Penny, and the one that Ben is holding is Susan!”

Ben’s face went from neutral to slightly suspicious. “Penny... How do you know my name? I don’t really get out that much, because of my condition, and I don’t really think I go around and tell everyone my name.”

Penny just shifted her eyes side to side nervously as she replied almost too quickly, “Well, Big Ben! You saw Big Ben, right? He’s big, and he looks like a Ben, so I just called him Ben!”

Ben looked at Camron with an uneasy face, and Camron just shrugged half heartedly. Ben looked down at Susan, who was currently in his arms, and decided to just chalk it up as a quirk. One of many that Penny seemed to have.

With a hint of apprehension in his voice, he said “So... Where do we need to put Susan?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isaac walked along a wooded path, shrubberies and rolling hills flanking him and giving him a sense of isolation. He started muttering to himself once he felt alone enough, thinking about his latest project.

“Well, if the buckminsterfullerene’s geometry is open enough, it should be possible to interlace the molecules. If that is successful, the resulting material should be both pliant while highly dense and nigh impenetrable. If there is still enough room inside the fullerenes, it may even be possible to lace tungsten or some other element inside the spheres, resulting in it being incapable of combusting. If that does work, then that could allow fusion to become a viable possibility when contained inside such a material. However, how am I going to capture the energy from the fusion if it is sealed inside...”

He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his black, close fitting coat and continued on down the path, muttering under his breath every now and then as his thoughts surfaced. After a few minutes of wandering the paths in the forested park, the foreign sound of two men laughing interrupted his musings. This was not a joyful laugh however, it was full of malice. Isaac quickened his pace, making his way towards the malicious mirth. Soon, he was sprinting through the trees, the path long forgotten. A sense of urgency was growing in his mind.

Just as he neared the source of the laughter, another sound caught his ear, one that wrenched at his heart. Crying. A young woman by the sound of it. Isaac was filled with a burning fury, his eyes aglow with righteous anger. He rounded a bend and saw two men pointing and laughing at a woman with pink hair who lay on the ground sobbing.

“Little crying freak! What’s the matter, your hair too pink for your own good? Why are you crying, little crybaby, something your mommy said before she left you crying on the side of the road?” Isaac recognized the voice now as the same jerk who’d threatened Camron at the coffee shop. He returned to his naturally silent stride as he closed the distance between him and his new targets.

“Yeah... I bet your mom couldn’t afford to get you aborted, so she just dumped you on someone’s doorstep. What, am I right? Did your momma leave you?” At the man’s insults, something snapped in Isaac. His eye twitched as the primal beast inside reared its head.

The men never heard him coming. Usually, Isaac would use as little force as possible, but these men didn’t deserve that. As he drew within arm’s reach, Isaac swung his fist, his bony hand sinking into the first man’s kidney. Before the source of the insults even touched the ground, Isaac had already spun around, planting his heel firmly in the second man’s face with a spinning heel kick. He felt the crunch of the man’s nose fracturing beneath his foot.

The pink-haired woman squeaked in surprise as her tormentors were brought low before her eyes. Isaac stood there fuming at the injustice. He attention returned to the men writhing on the ground in pain. “What. Is. Your. Problem.”

The first man, the one from the coffee shop, regained his footing. “Boy, you’re dead, you know that?” He reached into his pocket, drawing a switchblade.

A wicked grin flashed across Isaac’s face. “Didn’t your mother ever teach you not to play with knives? For that matter, didn’t your mother ever teach you to be polite to women!?”

The knife-wielding man lunged, stabbing towards Isaac’s abdomen. Isaac wore a sneer of derision as he turned and stepped toward the attacker. He caught his assailant's arm in one hand and brought his other arm down at the elbow, snapping the bone. Once the bone broke, the man dropped the knife from the pain. Before he could even cry out, Isaac switched his grip, with the broken limb now between Isaac’s own neck and arm. Then, using his arm for leverage, he dislocated the shoulder. The woman’s previous attacker now lay on the ground, moaning in pain, close to unconsciousness.

Isaac turned to face the other instigator. Blood streamed down his face from his broken nose, but he still stammered, “I-I-I’m w-warning you man. I’m a b-black belt in tae kwon d-do!”

Isaac snarled, “Well you obviously didn’t learn anything about discipline! Let me teach you a bit.” Isaac motioned for the man to come.

The aggressor charged wildly, stopping just short of Isaac to do a high roundhouse kick, aiming for his head. Isaac stepped into the kick and crouched down under the attack. One hand swept the man’s supporting leg out from under him, causing him to come crashing down on his face.

“Now I’m going to give you two one chance to apologise to this woman.” Isaac gestured towards the pink-haired lass. “However, if you enjoy pain, I’ll gladly continue.”

The two beaten men exchanged a terrified glance. Instantly, apologies started pouring forth from them, blubbering and sobbing nearly as much as they had made her. “We’re sorry! W-we’ll never do anything like this again! I swear!”

“Good. Now then, go to the hospital. Don’t want that nose of yours ruined forever now, do we?” The second man helped the jerk from the coffee shop regain his feet, and they scuttled off toward the nearby parking lot. Isaac watched them flee, and once he was satisfied that they really weren’t coming back, turned to the once-sobbing woman.

“Are you alright?” he extended his hand toward her.

A pair of crystal blue eyes, tinted red from her tears, peaked out from behind her locks of pink hair. A dainty hand reached up and took his proffered arm. Her voice squeaked out, “Um, thank you...”

“Is there anything more I can do to help you? Have anybody you’re supposed to be with?” Isaac looked on, full of concern, and a bit of curiosity at her strange appearance.

She cast her gaze about, as though searching for something, and then asked, “Y- yes. I was with some of my friends when we got seperated. D- do you think you could help me find my friends? I don’t know where I am... That is, um, if you don’t mind.”

“It’s no trouble at all. I’m sure we can find them, and we can always ask my friends if they’ve seen them.” Isaac lightly grasped her hand, and started guiding her through the wooded paths of the park.