• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 321 Views, 0 Comments

Armored Equestria: The Day - Graxdon



The Day that everything will change for the Elemental Heirs in a very different Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 321

The Morning

At the top of a mighty mountain lay the majestic city of Ether Peak built upon a natural nexus of magical energies, home to House Arcane. Even in the morning, the streets of this center of trade and magical study were abuzz with activity. In the main manor in the center of the city lived the Lord, Lady, and heiresses to House Arcana. As the sun rose, they all awoke, Lord Night Light and his wife, Twilight Velvet, one of their two daughters, Trixie Lullamoon, the daughter who had not been chosen to gain the Element, and the loyal assistant to the heir, Spike the Dragon… however, the heir herself was not awake. When Spike went to her room to find her, he found an empty bed, the young dragon rolling his eyes before leaving. Instead, he found her in the library, several candles having been burned through as puddles of wax, a myriad of tomes and scrolls scattered about, one of which the heir was drooling as she slept, her mane a mess from a late night study session. Spike sighed as he looked at her, saying, “I should’ve checked here first,” before he picked up one of the heavier books, struggling with it before letting it drop, slamming hard and loud on the table bringing the talented Twilight Sparkle to full wakefulness with a cry of shock, blinking and looking around in confusion before she noticed the sun.

With a cry of panic, she took off to her room, shouting, “IS IT TODAY! OH STARS!”

As she began to get ready as quickly as she could, the dragon just sighed and followed after her to assist his friend, saying, “Gonna be one of those days.”


In the partially above-ground and partially-underground mountain city of Stone City III, a pink-coated mare in a regal bedroom was snoring loudly. There were three other beds, all empty of their occupant and neatly made while the pink earth pony’s own bed was a mess, her body sprawled sideways with blankets and pillows sprawled everywhere. From snoring though, she immediately sprang up to full wakefulness with a gasp, declaring, “I am awake!” A grin spread widely before she jumped up, excitedly declaring, “AND TODAY IS THE DAY!” Lady Pinkamena Dianne Pie beamed as she began to zip around the bed chambers of the four potential heirs to House Merriment, rapidly doing in moments what took her sisters quite a while, showering, brushing their mane, and finally dressing. Once ready, dressed in a rather nice gray dress with silver linings, she began to spring to the dining hall to have breakfast with her family, an odd ‘boinging’ noise associated with every hop.


In the city above the mountain top, the grand home to House Generosity, the heiress to the House slowly awoke in her room in the second highest tower of the grandiose city of Canterlot. A green mask of goo upon her face, she got up, the unicorn magically removing the sleep blind as she made her way to the bathroom. The sun wasn’t up when she awoke, but by the time she had finished cleaning up, it was definitely morning and far away Lady Pinkamena had sprung up to declare the obvious. She hummed to herself as she went to sit at her vanity table, horn glowing as a myriad of objects and clothes swirled around her, an elegant purple gown adorning her body while she put the finishing touches on her mane, putting it in an elegant bun as she said, “Yes… today is most definitely going to be the day!” She looked into the mirror with a smile, going over her appearance, but frowned when she noticed one of the purple gemmed earrings was missing. She began to look around for it, but when she noticed a distinct lack of that piece of jewelry, she began to fume before her eyes narrowed in realization. There was only one pony who could have stolen her earring, and with an angry cry she shouted out, “SWEETIE BELLE!”


There was another Heiress who awoke before the sun was fully up, but that’s because she had duties to perform. Setting out from the ancient, but sturdy, castle of Cookie’s Rest upon a hill near the sleepy town of Ponyville, the Heiress to House Honesty made her way to the fields nearby dressed in a simple outfit and her trademark, rather rustic hat. She trotted through the fields, inspecting what needed to be inspected, making notes on the clipboards hanging outside the homes of the farmers, and even taking a moment to refill the feeding trough for some pigs, Lady, or as she preferred, Farm Mistress Applejack Apple handled her morning chores, things that she could easily delegate to somepony else, but she still felt the need to handle it herself. Once that was done, she took care of her morning run, getting back to the castle just as the sun began to truly rise. After a quick shower, she got dressed in a rather simple, but still befitting her station, outfit, making sure it was nice and tidy as she looked into the mirror, saying, “Today is the day!”


Up in the spacious and beautiful city of Sun Shire, home to House Compassion, there was a pegasus who was hiding nervously under her blankets. Her room was one of enchantment, enchanted earth from the surface made to stay above in the clouds, allowing her room to be adorned with beautiful flowers and serve as home to several small animals, including her personal pet, Angel Bunny, who was impatiently tapping his foot while looking at the blanket enshrouded mare. The soft voice of Lady Fluttershy Soleil called out, “Yes, I know what today is… but… but it didn’t happen last year… what if it doesn't happen this year either?” The bunny just frowned, yanking the blanket off of her, exposing the yellow-coated and pink-maned mare in her nightgown, the mare sighing and covering her face with her hooves, softly saying, “I… I don’t know if I could handle mommy telling me no again, especially if the other heiresses get theirs today… I mean, Chroma already has her’s, but still…” Angel rolled his eyes before going over to her, consolingly patting her on the side. She looked up before sighing, nodding as she said, “You’re right Angel Bunny… I have a responsibility to go… even… even if she says no… but hopefully she’ll say yes.” Smiling softly, she gave him a peck on the forehead before she started getting dressed, putting on a silver circlet first as she took a calming breath, nodding as she said in the best assertive voice she could managed, “I can do this… today will be the day!”


In the massive, fortress-like cloud city of Stormholm, a rainbow-maned Pegasus was getting ready for the day. It was an important day, not for her but for someone close to her. With her mane and tail brushed, the heiress to the House of Loyalty, one of Equestrian’s ruling houses, gave a smile to herself in the mirror before going to the armor rack next to the mirror. Upon it was her armor, golden colored with splashes of prismatic color, the mithril suit, as always, flawless, as was the spear in the rack beside it. With practiced ease, Knight Commander Chromatic Dash donned the shining armor, finished off by her helmet, the lightning bolt-shaped red crystal glowing, her element of Harmony. Channeling its power, her spear glowed the same shade of purple as she levitated it over to her and onto her back, nodding as she looked to the mirror once more, saying, “Today is her day….”