• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 802 Views, 13 Comments

Secrets - Night Angel



After Princess Luna finds her Special Somepony she has two beautiful daughters, one inherits some things Luna wished could be long forgotten. Luna has to keep this from her daughter, Eclipse, wishing not to give her the terrible burden.

  • ...
2
 13
 802

Growing Up

After talking over chamomile tea, everypony decided to go home before it got too late. Sunbeam trotted up to her mom and asked, "Mommy why is it bad that my sister is different? Also Eclipse doesn't look like you at all."

Luna sighed and decided she deserved to know, "They are correct, she looks like me," Sunbeam looked at her in bewilderment before Luna started again, "1,100 years ago there were two pony sisters. One of day and one of the night. The elder sister ruled the day in which ponies cherished and loved while the younger's night was shunned and slept through. As the years wore on, in the younger ones heart filled with bitterness and resentfulness, resulting her turning into a nightmare from the moon. She tried to rule an eternal night and was known as Nightmare Moon, her most striking features were her fangs, black fur, and her dragon eyes. With a heavy heart the older one had to banish her sister to the moon for 1,000 years until she could return once more and be saved by the Elements of Harmony."

Sunbeam's eyes widened and said, "No wonder everypony is frightened of her! She got your past looks. Mommy will she be safe?"

Luna's eyes looked worried when she spoke, "I am not sure, but I will have to protect her and monitor her feelings." Sunbeam nodded.

Celestia came in checking on the mare and her fillies. "Luna I am sorry about earlier, I never should have said things that I had no proof that are true," Luna nodded and Celestia continued, "Can you forgive me? I hate it when we fight."

Luna replied, "Of sister, I love you and I can't stay mad at you for too long nowadays."


5 years later

"Beam! Come back, you said we could play together!" Eclipse whined, much to Princess Luna's annoyance. She looked at the young white Alicorn who was trailing behind her sister. Sunbeam was growing very close to Celestia, but Luna didn't mind since Celestia couldn't have foals of her own because of her duties. Celestia had no choice either, they decided that Eclipse and Sunbeam would take after them when they eventually turned too old to preform their duties as princesses. Luna trained her younger filly Eclipse about the night, as Celestia trained Sunbeam about the day.

"Sunbeam, go play with your sister! You need to play with her more. Remember?" Luna decided to tell Sunbeam to take a break from training. Sunbeam heard "sister" in the sentence and her eyes filled with happiness. She scurried to Eclipse wanting a break from her training to play with her sister. Something sat in the back of her mind for another reason to play, and it was that she wouldn't let her sister turn into the monster her mother had once become.

Eclipse asked her sister, "Why can't we play outside?"

Sunbeam replied, "It's really humid out, it might give us a tummy ache." She knew the real reason was other ponies would see her. That might bring back unwanted memories for them. Eclipse whined, but she listened to her sister, but her curiosity grew.


6 years later

"Now remember girls, you have to wake up to raise the sun and lower the moon on time. Respect everypony here and keep a careful watch over Canterlot. Remember Princess Cadence and Discord are just a little bit away. We will be back in a week from Baltimare. " The two young Alicorns nodded, Eclipse feeling extremely nervous, she was 11 years now and her sister was 13.

The two young sisters still haven't earned their cutie marks, and they weren't happy with the fact that most fillies are nearly or already are teenagers and have had their cutie marks for a long while. "I will be right back Beam! I'm going to raise the moon!" She stood on the balcony raising the moon ever so carefully with her sister lowering the sun a couple doors down. She decided to do this in a special fashion, so she raised the moon like normal, but cast a raincloud in front of the moon making the water gleam beautifully. As for the cloud, it covered a perfect amount of the moon making it a perfect setting for anypony out that night.

Sunbeam squealed and ran over to her sister. Eclipse looked at her and wondered, "What is she so happy about?" Sunbeam pointed to Eclipse's flank excitedly. "OMG! I got my cutie mark sis!" She nodded proud of her sister. "Now you got to get yours!"

Sunbeam woke up and ran outside eager to raise the sun for the first time. Eclipse trailed behind her so she could lower the moon. Sunbeam brought the sun up high and decided to cover it partially in the sun making the rays shine through, speckled with gold and silvers. Eclipse's eyes wandered over to her sister and saw a flash on Sunbeam's flank. She squealed and showed her sister she got her cutie mark. The cutie mark was Celestia's with a fading shimmering gold ray coming from it. Sunbeam squealed, "I GOT MY CUTIE MARK! OMG, I'M SO HAPPY!" Eclipse giggled at her sister's enthusiasm. Sunbeam wished they could go out and show everypony their cutie marks, but Eclipse isn't allowed outside.

Eclipse noticed her sister beginning to frown. "What's wrong Beam?" She asked curiously.

Sunbeam replied, "Nothing. Everything's ok."

Eclipse remembered from her younger childhood always asking to go outside, but every time it was a no. She wondered if this had something to do with that. She went back to her room where she could be alone to think. She made up her mind and decided proclaiming, "I'm going to make it outside and make friends. She stomped her hoof on the ground as if that would make it her official decision.

Author's Note:

Remember I enjoy tips this is my first story after all :D