• Published 10th Jul 2014
  • 391 Views, 4 Comments

Lost - Feather_Quill



The mane six wake up spmewhere they've never been before, the only problem being that they don't know how to escape...Or remember how they got there... But the past creeps up on them.

  • ...
 4
 391

Prologue

Twilight awoke, her head throbbed with pain as a thick vein pulsed through it and as she lifter her weak, small body from the floor, a trickle of rose red blood split to the floor and created a minuscule puddle rippling on the dark grey of the icy floor.

Twilight instantly scanned the room, looking around, but there was nothing, only emptiness and darkness. From what she could see she was in a confined space, lead on a dark grey floor. A cluster of the floor had been ripped up by an animal of some description, and left a gap into the nothing that was below the room she lead n. The walls were a dirty white, clearly they had been mistreated over years of wear and tear and pant fluttered to the floor like ballerinas before hitting the frozen floor.

She held up her hoof and touched the wound on her head, it stung to her rough touch but didn't seem to severe. she glanced to the spot where her head once lead and noticed a build up of a thick, rusty layer of blood, when she poked it she noticed it was dry, begging the question: How long had she been there?

Her eyes dashed across the room, and upon turning around she saw her friends, all of which were lead, unconscious.

Twilight jumped to her hooves, took a moment to regain her balance and held down her vomit as she yelled "Wake up!"

Dash was the first to jump up, with a start " I've been awake and working hard for HOURS, I swear!" She yelled, fluttering and hovering in the air, wailing her arms around randomly. She opened one ye and saw Twilight standing there, squinting and prodding her head with her delicate hoof " Twilight? You aren't the Wonderbolts?... Where are we?..."

" I don't know... We have to get everypony up, we've clearly been kidnapped!" Twilight yelled out, stumbling to one side and hearing a large screech in her head.

" Are.. You okay?" Dash said, landing next to her and standing hr upright, and allowing her to lean on her so that she wouldn't fall again. " You look a little dazed."

" I woke up with a cut on my head, I guess whoever brought me here didn't exactly want me to be OK?"
Dash looked up and noticed massive hole in the ceiling, all around were Twilight lay was rubble and ds of wood " It... looks like you've fallen through the roof."

Twilight shook her head and smiled sweetly, swearing she was okay and pushing Rainbow Dash away to allow her to stand on her own two hooves. " Don't be ridiculous!"

" But... Where is everypony?" Rainbow asked, turning her head around and looking at the floor behind her.
twilight's eyes shot open, as she looked behind Rainbow and dived forward " What?" She exclaimed, leaning over and hysterically patted at the floor " They were right here, I swear!"

Rainbow raised one eyebrow at Twilight " Twilight, I don't want to make you sound crazy, but there wasn't anypony when I woke up..."
" But... You must have seen them! They just vanished, right in front of our eyes, didn't you see Rainbow?"

" Twilight, you sound like a crazy person and it's creeping me out.." Dash took a hoof-step backwards and leant back a little with caution, seeing her friend so frantic and acting insane like that was enough to make anypony afraid.

Twilight swooned and fell back on her rump, to the floor.

" Twilight!" Dash jumped forward and helped Twilight stay upright, she slapped her face slightly to help her keep concious " Stay with me Twili..." She looked around "we've gotta find you somewhere to sit, it's probably just blood loss or shock or something, you'll be fine just... STAY AWAKE! "

Rainbow flew down the hall, but quickly discovered just how dark it was, something, however, glimmered under the dim light the buckles on a little satchel. Rainbow picked it up, and instantly flew back with it in her mouth.

Upon reaching the place she left Twilight, she discovered her weak and sickly frame had collapsed onto her side, and she lead there drooling through a hole in one of the holes in the floorboards.

Rainbow set the bag down and flicked it open, inside was an old fashioned oil lamp and an extra supply of oil, some water, bandages, a random key, and a soft, brown blanket. . She folded up the blanket, and softly placed it beneath Twilight's soft little head.

Rainbow Dash wasn't the best at wrapping heads up with bandages, but she sat back and admired her handy work at the bandage she had gently placed around her head. GENTLY. Not with her typical hasty attitude to get things done quickly, then and there, 10 seconds flat. Not, she carefully, and tightly wrapped it around her delicately skull, avoiding her mane too, and Rainbow felt proud.


Abruptly, she heard a growling. Not a growing... More of a deep pitched, harsh groan. She shuffled backwards and placed her hoof around Twilight, she lit the lantern by softly turning a level and saw the outline of a mangled, limping pony heading towards her. It got closer, and closer, only an outline, but Rainbow whimpered slightly, like a lost puppy.

" Twilight..." She said, poking Twilight's elbow " Twilight... Wake up!" The zombie-type pony proceeded to advance on Rainbow and Twilight " Twilight wake up and help me please!" she violently struggled to move away and protect Twilight's almost lifeless body at the same time.

But then Rainbow thought... She was Rainbow Dash! The fastest mare in the entire of Equestria, she could fly fast, with agility, accuracy, coordination, perfect balance, strength and power!

She dived to her hooves and flapped her wings with a grin " stay away fro my friend!" She yelled, flying forward and knocking the pony to the floor as it screamed and moaned, she trotted off gracefully and bucked it in the face.

It stopped screaming.

That was when Rainbow Dash got a close look at its face, the colours of it... Yellow fur, a pink mane, turquoise, crystal eyes, a pair of wings... Fluttershy.

Rainbow fell back and bumped into the floor on her spine, a tear escaping from her eye.

Twilight woke up with a start, and immediately noticed Rainbow flailing and cursing, so she trotted over " Rainbow? What happened?"
" I'm a murderer Twilight..." Rainbow said, sitting up and looking at the floor, gently kicking it with her cyan hooves, a tear dropped to the floor and splashed into fragments as though it shattered.

" what do you mean?" Twilight asked; immediately after noticing the body.

" It was coming at me Twilight, groaning, it was all angled, half of its skull was already missing so I bucked it and... It was Fluttershy..."
Twilight looked at the body, the light suddenly hit it and was quickly able to identify as Fluttershy. Twilight shook her head, " look, I understand, this place is just a dream, it's an illusion, you'll find the REAL Fluttershy when you wake up, this is gonna be over soon."
Rainbow wiped a second tear from er eye, still with a pout on her little cyan lips she mumbled " I bet it's that God damn Discord..."

S" So this key was in the bag?" Twilight asked, one hoof under her chin, looking at the key with ponder and allowing it to levitate in front of her.

" yeah..." Rainbow rolled over onto her side and just stared at the cluster of red that stained the bottom of the wallpaper, probably some part of the ' illusion' that Twilight had made an analogy about.

" It's weird... It kinda looks like Applejack's Cutie Mark... The same kind of colours and everything, I..."

Twilight was interrupted by the sudden sound of hooves galloping on the floor, it was faint, but there was no doubt that Twilight could be imagining it this time.

" Can you hear that?" Twilight asked, her hooves perked up and flickered around as she attempted to fid the source f the mysterious sound.

Rainbow was so clearly lost in thought " Huh? " she responded. but not really interested any of Twilight's fair yet boring lectures, because it didn't really matter what Twilight said, she'd still killed Fluttershy.

" There's sompony else here, I'm not mistaken, that is definitely at least 2 ponies running." Twilight stood up and illuminated her horn, pointing it into the distance, yet it was still too dark...


" Uh-huh" Rainbow lead and watched the light dance merrily on the walls, think about how curious it was that light could be at it's best and brightest when it was dark and cold, she lay and pondered the fragility of life.

Suddenly four horse shaped creatures galloped towards them, louder and clear the clacking of hooves got against the darkened corridors.

Now ever Rainbow couldn't ignore it, and she knew full well that Twilight alone could not defend herself from whatever was out there, she sat up slightly and stared at the figures, but they were unlike the ones before.

Orange, white, yellow and pink. It was the remaining of the mane 6.

Twilight called out to them " OVER HERE! HERE!"

Rainbow jumped up, and as soon as she was close enough, she threw her hooves around Fluttershy's neck, causing her to go red, and her eyes to dart across the room in search for answers, but she was met by a similar look from all accept Twilight, who smiled and nodded.

" I'm so glad you're alive!" Shrieked the non-murdered Rainbow Dash, smiling and sniffling back a few tears.
" See I told you... It's just your brain messing with you."


But Twilight was wrong... So very wrong...