• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 4,525 Views, 191 Comments

A Prince and a Princess - TorontoFCBrony



Evil creatures raising from the underworld, a national sports event, an entire other dimension—what will cause the newly-married Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry to be apart next?

  • ...
57
 191
 4,525

Chapter 2: Catching Up and Planning Ahead

"Hey, Spike. I'm home," said Twilight as she finally came home after a long day of class and walking in the heavy rain.

"Ruff!" replied an excited Spike, who ran over to his master, rubbing his face against her jeans.

"Hey, hold on, buddy," Twilight said as she rubbed the top of his head. "You're going to get all wet. Go sit down so I can give you a treat."

"Woof!" Spike ran over to the couch, jumped on it, spun around three times, plopped his rump down, and panted heavily with his tongue out as he awaited his treat.

Twilight took off her raincoat and hung it up on her coat rack. She pulled off her bulky, black glasses and cleaned them off with a new cloth from her kitchen counter. After putting her glasses back on, she then reached over to the other counter, grabbing a bone-shaped dog treat.

"Have you been a good boy?" she asked as she walked over to Spike, who was still eagerly waiting on the couch.

"Woof!" he responded with his tongue hanging out.

"I'm sure you have been," she replied as she fed him the treat.

While Spike was enjoying his snack, Twilight made her way down the hallway, going down the stairs into the basement of her family home. Turning on the light, Twilight laid her eyes on the project she had been working on for over a year. There were many papers of notes and pictures on the desk, which was against the wall. The wall itself was covered with more papers, pictures, and maps, with a web of red string bringing together pieces of information that were related. As a conspiracy theorist, Twilight knew to always document anything that was of interest.

Looking at the cluster of information on the wall, Twilight scratched her chin, thinking deeply.

"Ruff!" sounded a voice from behind her.

"Hey, Spike, do you remember that weird guy with blue hair that took me on a date a few months ago?"

Spike replied by sitting on his rump and panting excitedly.

"Yeah, that guy from campus with the nice car and rugged good looks. Too bad he was a weirdo," she said with a smile to her puppy. "Well, I've been thinking a lot lately, and I think he knows some things I don't know about this project I've been working on."

"Woof?" Spike asked in question.

"Yes, Spike," Twilight answered. "I think he knows something about this multiverse theory I've been working on. There was something about him that just wasn't right, almost as if he knew something he didn't want others to know. And that other girl who was his ex seemed to be a little shady as well."

"Ruff!"

"You're right, I forgot about that. He thought he knew me from somewhere else, and he even knew my name without ever meeting me before."

"Grrrrr."

"I agree. Things have just gotten too weird lately. I'm going to have to look into this a little more."

--------------------------------------

The fresh smell of burning firewood filled the air in the room. The crackling sound of fire could be heard. Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry were laying down together in the lounge room of the castle, cuddled up together, feeling the warmth of the fire. Twilight's friends had left for the day after catching up with Flash upon his return, and Spike was already in bed. The cool outdoor autumn air was counteracted with the warmth of the fireplace, the heat from each other's bodies, and the blanket they were wrapped up in.

"Hahaha, that was such a great joke," Flash Sentry said with his hooves wrapped around his wife's back. "Now you tell one."

"I don't have any jokes to tell, Flashy," Twilight responded.

"Well, is there anything you want to talk about?" Flash asked.

"Why don't you tell me about what happened when we were apart?" Twilight asked, batting her eyelids.

"Sure," Flash replied. After pondering for a second, he responded, "So, since I'm here, and we haven't really planned things out fully yet. I made Sentinel and Optimus interim co-captains of the Canterlot Royal Guard, with the possibility of it being permanent."

"Really? Why? I thought they didn't like you!"

"Yeah, but whatever," Flash responded, waving his hoof. "They're good, strong guards who work well together. I didn't really want to go through a whole process because I'm lazy, and I didn't really know any other guard well."

"Well, now that you're here with me again, do you think you know how things are going to work out?"

"Yep! I'm going to stay with you no matter what. Besides, now that there's a new castle here, we're going to have to make a Ponyville Royal Guard."

"Ooh, you can be the captain, who would lay down your life to protect me!"

"You know I always will." Flash leaned down and kissed Twilight on the cheek.

"So," Twilight responded. "Since we're going to open a new royal guard here, you're going to have to hold open tryouts, Captain!"

"Meh, I'll do it later. My main focus right now is you," he said as he nuzzled Twilight. "So, what are we going to do over the next little while?"

"Well, Princess Celestia encouraged me to go around Equestria, since I'm the new Princess of Friendship. Basically, she wants me to make appearances around the kingdom so that I can spread friendship even further."

"Princess of Friendship tour, eh?" Flash asked, scratching his chin. "Can the newest prince in Equestria join you?"

"Of course!" Twilight responded, reaching up and kissing him on the cheek. "We can start planning it tomorrow."

"It's settled then," Flash replied. "Hey, switching topics, how was it defeating that Tirek freak? It must have been awesome. That dude basically took my life force from inside me. It was very disturbing, I must say. Especially because his breath stunk like plot."

Twilight giggled. "It's hard to explain. It felt very awkward having all of the powers from the other princesses, but it also felt amazing. And my fight with Tirek was quite scary because I didn't know what would happen, but looking back from now, it was pretty awesome. It felt amazing kicking monster flank."

"I wish I were able to see it," Flash reminisced. "It would have been super sexy to see my mare beating up a big dude."

Twilight blushed while looking away. "Why would it have been sexy?"

"I don't know. Thinking about you being assertive is kind of... um... yeah." Flash was almost too embarrassed to finish his sentence.

The two of them, still under the blanket together, didn't say anything for a few seconds. But then, Twilight lidded her eyes and smiled slyly.

"So, big colt," she said while ripping off the blanket, "you like assertive mares?"

Flash's eyes went wide open. He couldn't respond upon looking directly at the face she was giving him. His heart was pounding.

Twilight leaned forward, nibbled on his ear, and whispered, "On your back."

"O—kay," Flash responded, his voice cracking.

--------------------------------------

The sunlight shining through the window met the eyelids of the couple still laying on the carpeted floor together. The fire burned itself out. Just the smell and a few embers remained.

"Morning," Flash said as his and Twilight's eyes both opened at the same time.

Twilight let out a small moan as she stretched. "Morning, Flashy."

"I'll go make us some breakfast," Flash said happily.

"Sounds good."