• Published 5th Dec 2014
  • 806 Views, 15 Comments

When Rarity Got Busted - Arkybrony



Though she may not know it, Rarity has done something highly illegal, and the fuzz is right on her tail

  • ...
5
 15
 806

When Rarity Got Busted

"Hey Rarity," Pinkie said, "you're going up to Vanhoover today for that fashion show, right?"

"Why yes," Rarity replied, "why do you ask?"

"I need something delivered to a friend up there, and the EPS is too slow. Could you do it for me?"

"Why sure! Just give me the address and I'll deliver it as soon as I get there!"

"Why thanks, Rarity! The address is 1426, Red St, Apartment 267. Ask for Skeezycreep and he'll take care of the rest."

"Skeezycreep? Your friend is named Skeezycreep?"

"He got that name because he grew up in a bad family, but he won't hurt you."

"Well alright! What do you want me to deliver? I need to get going."

"Oh yeah! The package itself is pretty important if you're going to deliver it! Here ya go!" Pinkie Pie gave Rarity a Ziploc bag filled with a white powder.

"A bag of flour? That's it?"

"Ummm. Yeah. Flour. That's definitely what it is....... Just give it to him, ok. OH! And make sure you tell him it's from me!"

"Will do!"

"Do you promise?"

"Sure."

"Do you Pinkie Promise????"

"Cross my heart and hope to fly."

"Stick a cupcake in my eye!"

"See you later Pinkie!"

"Bye bye!"
Rarity left Pinkie's home with the mysterious bag of flour.


Rarity sat alone on the train to Vanhoover, just her. The fashion show wasn't that big of a deal, and the rest of the gang had other things to do, so she was alone. She pondered why Pinkie would want--no-- NEED to have a bag of flour delivered to a guy named Skeezycreep.
"Couldn't he just get it at a store?" She thought, "Why flour? There wasn't even much in there! Is it her own special blend? Is it even really flour?"
While she continued pondering, an old stallion sat down next to her.
"Seat 18 A," He said as he sat down.

"Pardon me, young lady," he said to Rarity, "I hope you don't mind if I fall asleep. I am kind of old, and I might snore."

"No, you're perfectly fine," She said, looking out the window without even making eye contact with the stallion.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you feeling okay?"

"Oh, I'm feeling fine. Just pondering. Say, are you going to Vanhoover?"

"Why yes I am. I used to live there actually. I'm going to go visit family there."

"What do you know about Red Street?"

"I used to live one street over actually. Red Street isn't that great of a place. They have some motels, but I would definitely recommend spending the extra money on a hotel in another area of town."

"What's so bad about it?"

"Well for one thing, every night, many of the buildings have visible red lights that shine through the night, and that's how the street got its name. It WAS Super Nice And Beautiful Street, but it was legally changed 20 years ago. Anyway, those lights make the street awfully ominous and creepy. But that's just the appearance. The street has the highest crime rate in the city. Drugs, murder, assault in all its forms. You name it, Red Street's got it."

"Did you know a Skeezycreep when you lived there?"

"Why yes actually. Well, I didn't know him personally, but I knew of him. He was, and probably still is pretty infamous for multiple reasons. His real name was Supernice, and he grew up in a nice home with loving parents, but he turned to crime for some reason. Nopony knows why. Nowadays he's dealing drugs and does the occasional hitman job. And he dabbles in modern art."

"So Skeezycreep didn't grow up in a bad home, is a hardened criminal, and dabbles in modern art?"

"Yup. Most beautiful graffiti I've ever seen. A lot of ponies actually come to Vanhoover just for Skeezycreep's graffiti. That's why he's not in jail. If they arrested him, they'd cripple the city's tourism. But they keep a close watch on him, and they bust everyone they catch working with him. Just not him."

"Well that seems like a corrupted judicial system."

"As beautiful as his graffiti is, I agree with ya. Say, why are you asking about Skeezycreep?"

"I have to deliver a bag of what looks like flour to him."

"Why would you do that?"

"I promised a close friend that I'd do it for her."

"Well you better be careful there, young lady."

"I know I need to. Now I'm not even sure if it's flour. It looks like flour. But why would you need to send a Ziploc of flour across Equestria if you could just buy it at the store?"

"Maybe it's chalk for his art."

"Maybe. But I still wonder why it made me all woozy when I smelled it a little."

"Wait, you smelled it and it made you woozy?"

"Yes it did. I was trying to figure out what it was earlier so I smelled it, among other things, and it made me all woozy and loopy. It almost felt like I was high, even."

"So you put a white powder in your nose and it made you high?"

"Well maybe I'm allergic to chalk."

"Maybe, but it sounds more like the stuff is cocaine."

"Cocaine!? Why would Pinkie Pie be sending out cocaine!?"

"I don't know. But it's a possibility."

"Well thank you for your insight Mr... Um, I never got your name."

"Handy Tough Hooves"

"And I'm Rarity."

"Well it sure was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Rarity."

"And you too, Mr. Tough Hooves."

"If you don't mind, I'm going to try and sleep now."

"No, that's perfectly fine. I think I'll do the same so I don't have to spend all my time thinking about Pinkie Pie's cocaine."
Rarity and Handy Tough Hooves both went to sleep.


The train arrived in Vanhoover and Rarity and Handy said their goodbyes. Rarity got her luggage and the mysterious flour/chalk/cocaine bag and went to her hotel. As soon as she got her stuff settled in her hotel (the farthest hotel from Red Street she could get), she grabbed the mystery bag and got a taxi to the dark side of the city. She saw the beautiful graffiti done by Skeezycreep. She even wished that she could take some home, but ripping an entire wall of a building and shipping it to Ponyville just wouldn't work, and it wouldn't even even fit in her home, so she dismissed the idea of stealing walls off of buildings. When she arrived at Red Street, she got the feeling she wouldn't make it out alive. Even though it was still daytime, this street was somehow darker than all the others. Maybe a cloud of secondhand smoke covered the sunlight coming in. Maybe there was a taller building that caused a shadow over the city. Maybe the street was so evil, the pure essence of sin caused literal darkness. She couldn't pinpoint exactly why it was so dark, but a Pinkie promise is a Pinkie promise, and she had to complete the favor she was asked to complete. When she walked into the darkness, holding the bag of strange power, she heard the flood of expletives that other ponies said to each other. She saw fist fights, drug deals, and drunk ponies everywhere. She wondered why the police had done nothing about this place. When she arrived at the correct apartment building, she was approached by a strange pony wearing a dark trench coat that covered his face.
"Hey, where ya' goin?" He said in what sounded somewhat like a fake voice.

"I'm, um, going to, um see, um..." She talked very nervously.

"Spit it out, ya ding dong!"

"Skeezycreep. A friend of mine wanted me to deliver something to Skeezycreep."

"Whatcha delivering?"

"I'm not sure actually. It's like a white powder. Maybe some sort of chalk for his art."

"You call his graffiti art?!?!?" He said angrily.

"Well I guess I do, it is pretty nice graffiti."

"Eh, I'm just messin' with ya. I like his graffiti too. I'll go in there with ya. If ya want."

"No, um, I'm fine."

"Too bad, I gotta see a friend that lives right next to him."

"Um, okay..." Rarity said reluctantly.

The two went in the building and reached their respective apartments. Rarity knocked on Skeezycreep's door.
"Skeezycreep? Are you there?"

Skeezycreep slightly cracked the door open.

"Who is this?!" Skeezycreep said.

"I am Rarity, sent to deliver a bag of some white stuff from Pinkie Pie."

"Oh you're from Pinkie Pie!" Skeezycreep closed the door to unlock all the locks and came out into the hall. For some reason, the stallion that came upstairs with Rarity discreetly closed Skeezycreep's door. Rarity handed Skeezycreep the bag, and immediately, the stallion that went upstairs with Rarity pointed a gun at her and Skeezycreep. Some other ponies in bulletproof vests came out of the shadows and pointed guns at the two of them. The stallion in the trench coat removed his disguise to reveal a strong stallion wearing a badge. Shining Armor.

"Rarity?" He asked.

"Shining Armor?"

"I'm sorry Rarity, but in the name of Princess Luna, I place the two of you under arrest."
Shining Armor and the other police ponies escorted them away.

Rarity heard the train a'comin, it was comin' 'round the bend. She hadn't seen the sunshine since she don't know when. She was stuck in Vanhoover Prison, and the time kept dragging on. Well, at least that was what she felt like. She was actually kept in a cell at the Sheriff's office since the fuzz didn't think she was much of a threat. There wasn't even a train track within a five mile radius.

"Shining Armor, get me out of here!" She screamed

"Rarity, I'm just following orders."

"Orders? You don't follow orders! You make other ponies follow your own orders!"

"Well I still have to follow the orders of Celestia."

"Celestia is dead! LET ME OUT OF HERE!"

"The laws she wrote are still valid, Rarity. Once we straighten things out, you could get out of here."

"I COULD!? What do you mean I COULD? Why not I WILL!?"

"Drug trafficking IS illegal."

"How was I supposed to know it was coke?"

"Why would a pony named Skeezycreep want 2 ounces of flour, chalk, or sugar sent to him all the way from Ponyville?"

"Good point. Hey, what did you do with Skeezycreep anyway? I thought the city protected him because his graffiti was so beautiful?"

"You've gotta be kidding me! The guy's insane! He murders and deals drugs on a daily basis. That's why we're holding him at the maximum security unit. That so called 'graffiti' was actually an art project appointed by the city done by multiple professional artists in various locations across the city. Skeezycreep graffitied his signature on one of them and ponies started spreading a rumor that Skeezycreep painted it all. It's just an urban legend. Where did you hear about it?"

"Some old guy named Handy Tough Hooves that sat next to me on the train ride here."

"Never heard of him. Where'd you get the coke anyway?"

"Um, Pinkie Pie?"

"What?"

"Pinkie Pie."

"Rarity, you don't have to lie."
And with that, Shining Armor left.

Rarity and Skeezycreep were put on trial together for charges of drug trafficking and drug possession. Skeezycreep would be tried later on accounts of vandalism, murder, and some other things. The swearing in commenced and the trial was underway. Other than the jury and press, the Mane 6 was there along with the Handy Though Hooves. About halfway through the trial, the prosecutor asked Rarity,

"Ms. Rarity, were you aware that the bag contained cocaine?"

"No, but I thought it could have been it. When I was given the bag, I was curious what it was. At first I thought it was flour, but when I was told to deliver it to a pony named Skeezycreep, I wondered why somepony with that name in Vanhoover would want flour from Ponyville. When I was investigating it, I smelled it and became a little woozy and light headed. When I was on the train, Handy Though Hooves suggested that it could be cocaine because of its effects. Then we both fell asleep."

"Now Ms. Rarity, where did you get the cocaine from, or did you make it yourself?"

"It was given to me by Pinkie Pie to deliver it to Skeezycreep because I was going to be in town anyway."

The crowd gasped. Pinkie Pie, of all ponies, was trafficking drugs? They couldn't believe it.

The jury discussed the situation for a while. Eventually everypony heard the announcement.
"We have a verdict!"
The gang re-entered the courtroom, anxiously awaiting the announcement. The judge began to speak.

"The jury has reached a verdict. Upon confession by Rarity, Pinkie Pie will be tried in Ponyville for accounts of drug trafficking and drug possession."

"Rats," Pinkie said to herself.

"Skeezycreep", the judge said, "has been found guilty upon one account of drug possession and one account of drug trafficking. He will be sentenced to 7 years for possession and 10 years for trafficking. He will be tried later for separate accounts of murder, assault, vandalism, resisting arrest, and just being a bad guy overall."

The gang anxiously awaited Rarity's verdict.

"Rarity has been found-"

Pinkie Pie started doing a drumroll with a drum she conveniently brought to a courtroom.

"Pinkie Pie!" Twilight screamed.

"What?" Pinkie replied, "I'm just setting the mood of suspense."

"It's still inappropriate for a courtroom. Just stop." Pinkie stopped

"Sorry."

"Anyway," the judge resumed, "Rarity has been found guilty of second degree murder, assault, possession of drugs, conspiracy against the ponies of Equestria, conspiring to kill Princess Luna, and taking candy away from a baby."

"WHAT!?!?!?" Rarity screamed.

"Oh wait a second." The judge looked at the verdict on the paper. "Oh, I'm sorry everypony, that was the verdict for yesterday's case against Criminal McEvilPants."

"Oh thank Celestia."

"Here's Rarity's verdict; Rarity has been found not guilty of willingly possessing drugs and not guilty of willingly trafficking drugs."

"YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!" Pinkie Pie screamed. Rarity was free.

Author's Note:

I say "In the name of Princess Luna" because Celestia previously died in "When Fluttershy Accidentally Killed Celestia"