• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 205 Views, 2 Comments

Dangerous Secrets - Feather Luxray



When Feather, a Pegasus focusing on joining an elite group of agents is sent on a dangerous mission, she doesn't expect to discover secrets about Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 205

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

This is a story I'm still working on. Let me just say, I'm extremely proud of my self for this. I think I did a pretty good job, but I was focusing on one thing mainly: Not making Feather a Mary Sue. Feel free to critique in the comments, and tell me if I should continue.

Feather stared up at the cloudless sky as she made her way down the street. She was looking for a job in Manehattan. Suddenly, she bumped into a strange stallion. The white Pegasus shot up into the air, her wings fluffed. Feather surveyed the scene below her, diving and landing on the ground after she realized that it was just a stallion.

"Sorry," She apologized, eyeing the figure caitiously. He did look strange. He wore a large coat and sunglasses.

"It's fine," he grunted.

"So," Feather started. "Do you know where I can find a job?"

"A job?" He looked around. "Why, yes. Come to my house and we can talk about this over tea."

Feather turned around. "No thank you." She had no interest in going to this pony's house. She didn't even know him.


"Wait!" The stallion called after the mare.

"What?" Feather turned.

"Excuse my bad manners. My name is Thunder Clap, but you can call me Thunder. And, I'm willing to tell you about a job if you answer a few questions." He removed his sunglasses.

Feather noticed his unusual eye color: red. "Ask away," She answered.

Thunder Clap pointed a hoof at a nearby empty bench. "Why don't we go sit?"

Feather sat on the bench next to Thunder. "So, Thunder, what job do you have for me?"

Thunder shook his head and smiled. "Questions first. Patience is a virtue."

Feather snorted. "Fine."

The stallion ignored the rude noise, and started talking. "Where do you come from?"

"Canterlot."

"Are you reckless?"

Feather pondered this for a moment. "A little, I guess."

Thunder nodded. "Ok. Final question. Are you willing to face danger for others?"

Feather stared at him in utter confusion. "Yes," She finally answered. "If I believe it is for a good cause."

Thunder stared into her eyes, his gaze boring into her. For the first time, she noticed his cutie mark: an open eye.

"Ok, follow m-" Thunder stopped, his eyes widening.

Ten ponies surrounded the bench. They were dressed in black masks, makig it impossible to observe their identitiy.

Only one pony had no mask. A unicorn with blue eyes and a black coat stepped forward. "My, my, my," He began. "What a lovely couple!"

Thunder scowled. "Don't even think about it." He hissed.

"Why not?" The strange stallion smiled. "You've obviously used your talent already."

Feather glanced through the thick crowd. She wished to find some pony in the street, but it was deserted. "What talent?" She asked, eyes narrowing.

"Telephaty, of course!" The unicorn sneered.

Thunder averted his eyes. "No," He lied.

Feather flew up a few inches, but the Unicorn pointed his horn at her. She felt searing pain surge through her, and she fell to the ground.

Thunder crouched over her. "Feather!"

She got up and hissed at the Unicorn. "Buck you! Who is he, anyway?!" She turned to Thunder in anger.

Thunder looked down. "Lightning. My brother. He has the power to... mind control."

Feather turned to Lightning. His horn was glowing bright yellow. "Buck you! I swear to Celestia, I'll-"

Thunder watched in utter anguish as Feather fell under the spell. Her aggression had made it easy for the magic to take hold of her mind.

Lightning smiled as Feather's eyes grayed. Thunder attempted to tackle the Unicorn. "Leave her be! It's me that you want!"

The Unicorn turned away, Feather following with heavy hoof-steps. "True, but I can use her to get the information that I want. So, I don't think so. Blood, get him."

One of the ponies punched Thunder. He fell, unconscious. Feather attempted to fight against the spell, but it was not use. No matter how hard she tried, she was just a prisoner in her own brain. Lightning gathered magic from the area around them, and in a flash of bright light, they teleported.

--------------

Thunder woke up, his head throbbing from the recent hit he received. He looked around, noticing that he was in an electrified cage. Any close contanct with the bars would result in immediate pain, if not death. His eyes lit up at the sight of Feather, laid down in the middle of the cage.

"Feather!" He attempted to crouch over her, but an invisible barrier separated them. Thunder tackled the barrier, but he bounced off.

Feather looked up, emotionless. Her eyes remained gray. Suddenly, the lights brightened, revealing Lightning and hench men watching the scene, amusementt in their eyes. Thunder looked down, defeated. Lightning got up, and trotted over to the cage. "Tell me about the Storm Breakers."

Thunder looked up, rage in his eyes. "Never!"

Lightning glanced at Feather. "Oh, really?"

Thunder suddenly smiled. "Yes, really."

Lightning's eyes grew wild. "What?! What did you do?!"

A loud explosion filled the room with smoke. Lightning coughed, covering his eyes with a hoof. Once the smoke cleared, there was an enormous hole in the wall. Five ponies, one Unicorn, two Earth Ponies, and two Pegasi appeared.

"I don't think so." A voice came from a unicorn, a mare.

The team of mysterious ponies launched theselves at Lightning's allies. The Unicorn, in the chaos, headed for the cage. "Thunder, are you alright?" She asked as she attempted to break the cage with a spell.

Thunder smiled. "Yes, Tecna. I'm fine."

Tecna glanced at Feather. "Who's she?"

Thunder averted his eyes, a habit he had. "A mare I met. I think she's qualified."

Tecna raised a brow. "Are you sure about that?"

Thunder stared at her, firmness in his gaze. "Yes. Positive."

"All right," The cage broke, and Thunder leaped out. Feather's eyes were still gray, her gaze emotionless. Pain seemed etched into her features.

Thunder approached her, Tecna by his side. "Feather? We're going home." He lifted the Pegasus onto his back as Tecna took out a whistle.

She blew it, and all the ponies on their side leaped towards her. She lit up her horn and in a flash of light, they teleported.

-----------